to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Saints Row: The Third PS3 includes free Saints Row 2

Your comments on our articles.

Only for US, Canada and Mexico

Sony and THQ have revealed a bit of a treat for PlayStation 3 owners that pick up a new copy of Saints Row: The Third: a free download of Saints Row 2.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Saints Row: The Third PS3 includes free Saints Row 2

Postby TroubleMaker411 » 17 Nov 2011, 10:42

A nice bit of backtracking from THQ!

Funny how this doesn't appear until all the game sites are reporting that the exclusive PS3 stuff is missing.
I would have believed this was the plan all along if it had been announced BEFORE LAUNCH DAY. But now it seems like ass covering!

Also, it's pathetic that once again, UK/EU/AU have been snubbed by the publishers and SONY.
It's getitng beyond a joke now!
TroubleMaker411 31

Xbox Live: TroubleMaker411
PSN ID: TroubleMaker411

Re: Saints Row: The Third PS3 includes free Saints Row 2

Postby StonecoldMC » 17 Nov 2011, 10:45

That is a really good deal!

Just a pity the EU is left out again though.

Were a huge bloody market, yet we get treated so shabbily by all 3 of the hardware manufacturers.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby DJbruce » 17 Nov 2011, 11:30

This would have been great for me as I never finished off Saints Row 2 but as the article states, EU misses out again :roll: . I'm still buying it however I am a bit annoyed.
DJbruce 62

Xbox Live: Scottish Husky
PSN ID: DJbruce92
Steam: DJbruce

Postby coolpro » 17 Nov 2011, 11:36

This would have made me buy this game ... now I'll just wait for GTA5!
coolpro 47

Postby TheRandyNinja » 17 Nov 2011, 13:35

you would think that with all the us exclusive stuff that the eu and uk dont really pump millions into gaming not only do we have to pay more money we allso get screwed
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby adamitom2 » 17 Nov 2011, 14:03

The UK/EU version isn't officially out yet so how do you know we miss out? All the article said was THQ refused to comment
adamitom2 36

Postby SavageEvil » 17 Nov 2011, 22:51

TroubleMaker411 wrote:A nice bit of backtracking from THQ!

Funny how this doesn't appear until all the game sites are reporting that the exclusive PS3 stuff is missing.
I would have believed this was the plan all along if it had been announced BEFORE LAUNCH DAY. But now it seems like ass covering!

Also, it's pathetic that once again, UK/EU/AU have been snubbed by the publishers and SONY.

How does Sony come into this, considering SR isn't their property? Make sure you aim your weapon correctly before firing at innocents. This was up to THQ and not Sony, them giving away exclusive stuff on PS3 doesn't take or add to Sony's bottom line. You should know that Europe because of your multilingual region takes a bit before just making a decision about what to release over there, considering the amount of things that get censored in different countries in the same region you do the math. Don't go separating the UK from the rest of EU, you're all in the same boat. AU really gets it the worst as all sorts of political stuff holds things back concerning gaming.

Pretty much anything that gets the green light in the US, will just about automatically get it for CA and Mexico. EU well you have no less than 10 governments to get your stuff passed in order to get it out
SavageEvil 51

Postby Imaduck » 18 Nov 2011, 01:12

I imagine games like SR3 and GTA will really help current day Mexico for the better :roll:
Imaduck 58

Postby TroubleMaker411 » 18 Nov 2011, 11:03

SavageEvil wrote:
TroubleMaker411 wrote:A nice bit of backtracking from THQ!

How does Sony come into this, considering SR isn't their property? Make sure you aim your weapon correctly before firing at innocents. This was up to THQ and not Sony, them giving away exclusive stuff on PS3 doesn't take or add to Sony's bottom line. You should know that Europe because of your multilingual region takes a bit before just making a decision about what to release over there, considering the amount of things that get censored in different countries in the same region you do the math. Don't go separating the UK from the rest of EU, you're all in the same boat. AU really gets it the worst as all sorts of political stuff holds things back concerning gaming.

Pretty much anything that gets the green light in the US, will just about automatically get it for CA and Mexico. EU well you have no less than 10 governments to get your stuff passed in order to get it out

If you had read my post, I said publishers AND SONY
While I understand that censoring etc can be an issue, as can the fact there are different govermnets to contend with, this is not some new content that needs to be rated, this is a free game that is already available in these countries. I cannot see how there is any justification for it beyong THQs bottom line, and as such (Being downloadable from the store) SONY's

I also "aim my weapon" at SONY because they are the one that promised the content. whether or not it's removal was their fault or choice, it is their customers that are being shafted and I expect a company like that to at least acknowledge it's removal or inclusion. I expect the same from THQ/Volition, which is why I made the point of mentioning both in my post, not just SONY.

The UK/EU thing, fair enough, I removed it as part of the EU and that is my mistake and not one I done on purpose. I will let you have that. :)
TroubleMaker411 31

Postby Toasted_PSP » 18 Nov 2011, 11:56

TroubleMaker411 wrote:I also "aim my weapon" at SONY because they are the one that promised the content. whether or not it's removal was their fault or choice, it is their customers that are being shafted and I expect a company like that to at least acknowledge it's removal or inclusion. I expect the same from THQ/Volition, which is why I made the point of mentioning both in my post, not just SONY.

The content PS3 was getting as an exclusive was a multiplayer mode for the multiplayer section of this game. There was an announcement and quite a few articles around the web about THQ when they announced that the multiplayer mode had been scrapped (Along with it the exclusive multiplayer mode for the PS3). You cant blame Sony or THQ because you didnt follow the new on the game.
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby TroubleMaker411 » 18 Nov 2011, 12:41

Toasted_PSP wrote:
TroubleMaker411 wrote:I also "aim my weapon" at SONY because they are the one that promised the content. whether or not it's removal was their fault or choice, it is their customers that are being shafted and I expect a company like that to at least acknowledge it's removal or inclusion. I expect the same from THQ/Volition, which is why I made the point of mentioning both in my post, not just SONY.

The content PS3 was getting as an exclusive was a multiplayer mode for the multiplayer section of this game. There was an announcement and quite a few articles around the web about THQ when they announced that the multiplayer mode had been scrapped (Along with it the exclusive multiplayer mode for the PS3). You cant blame Sony or THQ because you didnt follow the new on the game.

I am pretty sure, please do correct me if I am wrong, that news of the missing multiplayer mode didn't surface until Monday, the day before release of the game in the US. (and long after the game had been pressed with, or without the extra content)
Also, again please correct me if I am wrong, that THQ didn't announce anywhere that the content was removed. Please do put me straight if I am incorrect.
then, after release, after THQ had taken a bashing on alot of game sites, this new deal was announced, the day AFTER release and my original point was that it felt like back trackking to cover some ass!

I follow gaming news almost religiously. And while in the flurry of games coming out, SR3 was low on my list, I still read up everything I saw on it.
TroubleMaker411 31

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 18 Nov 2011, 18:46

I will be getting this soon in about 2 weeks. I wish I could get the game today but no money :/
Very_Silver_Ownz 49

Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Postby Toasted_PSP » 18 Nov 2011, 20:55

TroubleMaker411 wrote:I am pretty sure, please do correct me if I am wrong, that news of the missing multiplayer mode didn't surface until Monday, the day before release of the game in the US. (and long after the game had been pressed with, or without the extra content)
Also, again please correct me if I am wrong, that THQ didn't announce anywhere that the content was removed. Please do put me straight if I am incorrect.
then, after release, after THQ had taken a bashing on alot of game sites, this new deal was announced, the day AFTER release and my original point was that it felt like back trackking to cover some ass!

I follow gaming news almost religiously. And while in the flurry of games coming out, SR3 was low on my list, I still read up everything I saw on it.

There was no direct announcement that the PS3 exclusive content was cut from the game, but the PS3 content was an exclusive multiplayer mode. THQ announced awhile ago now that the multiplayer component for Saints Row 3 had been totally removed from the game so they could focus on the Cooperative side which they thought more people where interested in.

So in a way you are right, nobody mention that the PS3 exclusive content was going to be missing, but as that content was going to be a multiplayer mode, it was no surprise when the PS3 content was also missing when the game features no multiplayer.
Toasted_PSP 64