to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 3: Is it set in ancient Egypt?

Your comments on our articles.

Analysing the evidence... (spoilers inside)

Assassin's Creed 3 could be set in ancient Egypt, according to fresh evidence.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby bennyt » 16 Nov 2011, 18:28

Egypt?

Interesting. It would be stunning with the desert and pyramids in the background with dust whipping across the place

China would be cool as well
bennyt 28

Postby fustacluck » 16 Nov 2011, 18:28

Think C+VG should get themselves the animus edition. **SPOILERS COMING UP - PLEASE LOOK AWAY FOR TEN SECONDS**.

The awesome encyclopedia that comes with the animus edition of revelations has a section on revolutionary Russia, with the protagonist being Nikolai Orelov, ancestor of Daniel Cross, his quartermaster being Tesla and enemies including Tsar Nicolas II and Rasputin. Of course, this could be in Revelations itself, hence the spoiler warning, but revolutionary Russia would be an extremely rich setting, what with the Bolsheviks, Mensheviks, Naval rebellion, storm on the Winter Palace, Odessa steps, etc. and since the next AC is supposed to be the last for Desmond, handing over to his predecessor Daniel would make sense.
fustacluck 36

Xbox Live: fustak luck
PSN ID: fustacluck

Re: Assassin's Creed 3: Is it set in ancient Egypt?

Postby mothbanquet » 16 Nov 2011, 18:53

AC3 should be set in the year 1993, in Clacton-on-Sea. Epicness would surely ensue as our hero, Steve Hedges tries to free-run to the checkout queue at Tesco before all the old people get in front.
mothbanquet 8

Postby Whiplash x360a » 16 Nov 2011, 19:06

mothbanquet wrote:AC3 should be set in the year 1993, in Clacton-on-Sea. Epicness would surely ensue as our hero, Steve Hedges tries to free-run to the checkout queue at Tesco before all the old people get in front.
You just blew my mind...
Accolades:
Whiplash x360a 35

Xbox Live: Whiplash x360a

Postby Budly Moore » 16 Nov 2011, 19:34

Is'nt the setting a big spoiler? I don't find ancient Egypt a particularly exciting prosepect, Victorian London on the other hand?
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/mogwha][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/544/mogwha.png[/img][/url]
Budly Moore 49

Postby PMIKE5 » 16 Nov 2011, 19:48

Hmm, I thought it was going to be based during the American Revolution :S
My artwork. Hope you like it :)
My kindle comics
PMIKE5 46

Postby whitto74 » 16 Nov 2011, 19:58

noooo!!! please make it in china or asia. the embers video has set it up and going on that it could be mega! brilliant!
whitto74 19

Postby FAUNA » 16 Nov 2011, 22:08

The AC saga is simply one of the most amazing series of all time. AC 3 set in Egypt / Japan /China / Mongolia / Greece please. (Oh yeah, NO MORE SCREEN-TEARING PLEASE! It's unacceptable with today's standards)..
FAUNA 35

Postby Fr33Kye » 16 Nov 2011, 23:09

Beyond sick of europe and i'm glad they are moving on instead of wasting this franchise. Egypt would be a welcomed setting.
fustacluck wrote:Think C+VG should get themselves the animus edition. **SPOILERS COMING UP - PLEASE LOOK AWAY FOR TEN SECONDS**.

The awesome encyclopedia that comes with the animus edition of revelations has a section on revolutionary Russia, with the protagonist being Nikolai Orelov, ancestor of Daniel Cross, his quartermaster being Tesla and enemies including Tsar Nicolas II and Rasputin. Of course, this could be in Revelations itself, hence the spoiler warning, but revolutionary Russia would be an extremely rich setting, what with the Bolsheviks, Mensheviks, Naval rebellion, storm on the Winter Palace, Odessa steps, etc. and since the next AC is supposed to be the last for Desmond, handing over to his predecessor Daniel would make sense.

I thought russia would be wonderful as well....but i didn't really want to fight against those guys..It would be nice to see all of that in a game though.
Fr33Kye 70

Postby BenThomasFoster » 17 Nov 2011, 02:01

Fr33Kye wrote:Beyond sick of europe and i'm glad they are moving on instead of wasting this franchise. Egypt would be a welcomed setting.
fustacluck wrote:Think C+VG should get themselves the animus edition. **SPOILERS COMING UP - PLEASE LOOK AWAY FOR TEN SECONDS**.

I thought russia would be wonderful as well....but i didn't really want to fight against those guys..It would be nice to see all of that in a game though.

"Beyond sick of europe" well for one thing Italy is one country in the whole of europe, secondly Constantinople is arguably not a european style city , thirdly there has only been one time frame in which this has been set in Europe. Are you american?

I for one am just tired of the assassins creed formula milked to death. Although Egypt does sound good. There are to few games set in unique lands it's always mediveal setting #1 WW2 setting #1 Modern setting #1 Or Middle east setting #1

I for one would love to start seeing russia, india, japan or even north africa setting in these new games whether it be adventure or fps. Skyrim's the only game that comes to mind that successfully avoided generic medieval setting in recent games
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby G0NZA » 17 Nov 2011, 02:26

G0NZA 2
New user

Postby nb_nmare2 » 17 Nov 2011, 12:45

CVG wrote:ancient Egypt

If the game indeed focuses on Altaïr's son, that would mean it was set during the early 13th century. Considering the country was founded over 5000 years ago, Egypt 800 years ago could hardly be termed "ancient".

fustacluck wrote:Of course, this could be in Revelations itself, hence the spoiler warning, but revolutionary Russia would be an extremely rich setting

It's already been in used as an AC setting, in the comic book mini-series "The Fall" (which is the source of the information in the encyclopaedia).

Fr33Kye wrote:Beyond sick of europe and i'm glad they are moving on instead of wasting this franchise.

Err, they already have? Revelations is set in Constantinople, which is in western Asia.
nb_nmare2 58

Postby Fr33Kye » 17 Nov 2011, 15:06

nb_nmare2 wrote:
Fr33Kye wrote:Beyond sick of europe and i'm glad they are moving on instead of wasting this franchise.

Err, they already have? Revelations is set in Constantinople, which is in western Asia.

I'm aware of that, yet we have had the same protagonist for 3 games. If they had made a new person for Constantinople i wouldn't be disappointed. Too many games do the "european going to a foreign land" thing and avoid using anyone who strays from the accepted protagonist list.
Fr33Kye 70

Postby Fr33Kye » 17 Nov 2011, 15:07

[quote="BenThomasFoster"
"Beyond sick of europe" well for one thing Italy is one country in the whole of europe, secondly Constantinople is arguably not a european style city , thirdly there has only been one time frame in which this has been set in Europe. Are you american?

[/quote]
I'm sick of europe in this game, but i was also speaking in general. There is this general obsession with european history. It just gets annoying.
Fr33Kye 70

Postby nb_nmare2 » 17 Nov 2011, 17:37

Possibly because the vast majority of both gamers and game designers are either Europeans themselves, or are descendants of Europeans?

(Incidentally, there are plenty of games that are based upon Japanese history. Oddly enough the majority are designed by and for Japanese people.)
nb_nmare2 58

Next