to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Saints Row: The Third

Your comments on our articles.

Dumb and dumber

At its best, Saints Row is funny, imaginative and gleefully entertaining. At its worst, it's lazy, generic and a technical mess. If it struck a consistent balance between the two, you could forgive its shortcomings, but the bad all too often outweighs the good.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby dicky1993 » 14 Nov 2011, 13:28

i'll catch it month or 2 later, just got gears for £20, arkham city for £20, battlefield 3 limited edition for £25 and rage for £15!

it pays to wait ;)
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby BG88 » 14 Nov 2011, 13:37

Muvafukas duno da review. this is a fly on the wall documentry , there might be some glitches but there are in cod and you boys got your dicks out over that waste.

this game is for the hood Thugz who have masterd the art of having a cold heart ya herr, this game aint for gamers its for real road men. Il be keeping my preorder me and some bloods are gunna be playin this friday night with a couple of saints ho's like Amy Childs on our lap, drinkin dat 40oz and pouring cristal champaign on a bitch, got got dat fine kush aswell .

Hold tight all the internet warriors.
BG88 24

Re: Saints Row: The Third

Postby phate666 » 14 Nov 2011, 13:47

BG88 wrote:Muvafukas duno da review. this is a fly on the wall documentry , there might be some glitches but there are in cod and you boys got your dicks out over that waste.

this game is for the hood Thugz who have masterd the art of having a cold heart ya herr, this game aint for gamers its for real road men. Il be keeping my preorder me and some bloods are gunna be playin this friday night with a couple of saints ho's like Amy Childs on our lap, drinkin dat 40oz and pouring cristal champaign on a bitch, got got dat fine kush aswell .

Hahahahaha!
"You gonna eat that stapler?"

"Wanna split it?"
phate666 50

Xbox Live: PillowyBarbecue
PSN ID: phate666

Postby fionn1 » 14 Nov 2011, 13:51

You sir above are clearly not ghetto
fionn1 45

Xbox Live: Breenington

Postby Moribundman » 14 Nov 2011, 13:54

BG88 wrote:Muvafukas duno da review. this is a fly on the wall documentry , there might be some glitches but there are in cod and you boys got your dicks out over that waste.

I am uncertain as to whether irony is being employed...

"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby slick loose » 14 Nov 2011, 13:55

Moribundman wrote:

I am uncertain as to whether irony is being employed...

Same here, either he is a funny and clever man...or an idiot, hmm. :?
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby ensabahnur » 14 Nov 2011, 13:59

From the 8.5 Gamespot review

Previous Saints Row games required you to do activities to earn enough respect to proceed to the next story mission. In The Third, you're never held back from advancing through the story, or from doing just about anything else.

CVG's review

These 'activities' range from mildly amusing, to utterly mind-numbing, and you have to do all of them at least once, and sometimes twice, to advance the story.

Seems pretty conflicting to me. But who's got it right?

Still even the CVG review hasn't put me off this game. I love causing sandbox mayhem with a friend and SR's still the only way to get this done.
Last edited by ensabahnur on 14 Nov 2011, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby richardgeefe » 14 Nov 2011, 14:01

word up on the jam satire.

also - are road men traffic wardens?
richardgeefe 22

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 14 Nov 2011, 14:28

Sounds a lot like th last one was for me. there were times when it was absolutely brilliant, and other's where it made me want to put my fist through the tv out of pure frustration.

Still you had me at Gimp pulled chriot.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby infamous76 » 14 Nov 2011, 15:01

well i played the first 2 stages last night and it was fun - but i dont like the sound of being forced to do the sodding side missions.

still buying it on release day regardless of what they say in the review - no point having xbox live gold and not play co op games is there
infamous76 37

Postby BG88 » 14 Nov 2011, 15:02

to all those wondering about my last post, im just having a bubble, but I am looking forward to this game. realy i will be drinking tea while wearing my postman pat Pyjamas .

Also to the person who wanted to know what a Road man is, its someone whos on the streets dealing and bringing in bags of money, while us mugs pay tax .

Anyone know how far we can customise our game ? Iv got 5 characters iv made and it would be good if they can all roll with me on the game, check out my little crew. http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/brutalgn5 .
BG88 24

Postby ensabahnur » 14 Nov 2011, 15:09

BG88 wrote:to all those wondering about my last post, im just having a bubble, but I am looking forward to this game. realy i will be drinking tea while wearing my postman pat Pyjamas .

Also to the person who wanted to know what a Road man is, its someone whos on the streets dealing and bringing in bags of money, while us mugs pay tax .

Anyone know how far we can customise our game ? Iv got 5 characters iv made and it would be good if they can all roll with me on the game, check out my little crew. http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/brutalgn5 .
And he's made a "Road Man" in there as well.

No woman with curlers in her hair wearing a bath robe and bunny slippers though. :?:

I thought it was common practice to include one of those.

http://saintsrow.com/profile/Sk1dmark76
Last edited by ensabahnur on 14 Nov 2011, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby BG88 » 14 Nov 2011, 15:25

ensabahnur wrote:
BG88 wrote:to all those wondering about my last post, im just having a bubble, but I am looking forward to this game. realy i will be drinking tea while wearing my postman pat Pyjamas .

And he's made a "Road Man" in there as well.

No woman with curlers in her hair wearing a bath robe and bunny slippers though. :?:

I thought it was common practise to include one of those.

http://saintsrow.com/profile/Sk1dmark76

Year everyone needs a Road Man , I like your Dirty Slut character haha.
BG88 24

Postby Flamestrike » 14 Nov 2011, 16:14

To be fair, going on past iterations it was never any secret that The Third was going to divide opinion. A lot of the criticisms in this review were also leveled at Number 2 and I played number 2, warts 'n all, over and again.

Day one sale right here. Can't wait. 8)
Flamestrike 35

Postby kingdon2 » 14 Nov 2011, 17:36

dicky1993 wrote:i'll catch it month or 2 later, just got gears for £20, arkham city for £20, battlefield 3 limited edition for £25 and rage for £15!

it pays to wait ;)

Where did you get these games at that price? It would be good to know. Want to pick up Arkham City.
kingdon2 6
New user

Next