to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Because it's out in the US already

Konami has released a launch trailer for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, rubbing in the fact that it won't be out in UK until February.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby TimHotston » 10 Nov 2011, 04:21

You know I bet there's a trophy in this for completing the games on the hardest difficulties, without being seen and with no kills in which case MGS2 = impossible, MGS3 = Bosses rock solid but I did it (The Pains the hardest) one of my proudest gaming moments :D as for Peace Walker well I never played it on higher difficulties (not sure it had them) but some of the levels were rock solid. I salute any person who gains a Platinum Trophy for this collection.
TimHotston 45
 
Posts: 375
Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 15:07
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby middle finger » 10 Nov 2011, 08:35

I don't give a s**t about trophies, but where is the best place to order it?
User avatar
middle finger 64
 
Posts: 3725
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 16:18
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby jim2wheels » 10 Nov 2011, 09:27

middle finger wrote:I don't give a s**t about trophies, but where is the best place to order it?


From me. I'll do you a good deal on the extremely rare Ultimate Collection. :D
Image
User avatar
jim2wheels 68
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 16:21
PSN ID: jim2wheels

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby middle finger » 10 Nov 2011, 13:03

I can give you Darksiders and Drive Angry on blu ray 3D for it, but you'll have to deliver it till next week.
User avatar
middle finger 64
 
Posts: 3725
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 16:18
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby slick loose » 10 Nov 2011, 13:20

TimHotston wrote:You know I bet there's a trophy in this for completing the games on the hardest difficulties, without being seen and with no kills in which case MGS2 = impossible, MGS3 = Bosses rock solid but I did it (The Pains the hardest) one of my proudest gaming moments :D as for Peace Walker well I never played it on higher difficulties (not sure it had them) but some of the levels were rock solid. I salute any person who gains a Platinum Trophy for this collection.


Hate to be Captain Buzzkill but the trophy list has already been released, there are no difficulty trophies in MGS2. The closest you are going to get is the 'Complete Stealth' trophy in which you have to 'Clear the game without entering alert mode (not including events where alert mode is mandatory)'.

Again, no difficulty trophies in MGS3...nor is the stealth trophy :?

If I'm honest, the trophies look pretty easy.
Image
User avatar
slick loose 67
 
Posts: 6430
Joined: 06 Aug 2008, 10:49
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: slickloose

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby jim2wheels » 10 Nov 2011, 13:32

middle finger wrote:I can give you Darksiders and Drive Angry on blu ray 3D for it, but you'll have to deliver it till next week.


Wow, you really want it bad don't you. :P
Image
User avatar
jim2wheels 68
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 16:21
PSN ID: jim2wheels

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby slick loose » 10 Nov 2011, 13:37

So far there is 5 reviews for it that I've found.
Game Informer

GamePro

IGN

1UP

Game Trailers

I might have to import this mutha!
Image
User avatar
slick loose 67
 
Posts: 6430
Joined: 06 Aug 2008, 10:49
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: slickloose

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby Vampyre » 10 Nov 2011, 14:21

Eh? Was gonna get this but where the bloody hell is MGS1? How's it the MGS Collection without it?
Vampyre 40
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 19 Jul 2007, 12:58
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby jim2wheels » 10 Nov 2011, 14:52

Only PS2 games can get a HD makeover as PS1 games would have to be completely remade from scratch.
Image
User avatar
jim2wheels 68
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 16:21
PSN ID: jim2wheels

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby gmcb007 » 10 Nov 2011, 17:47

slick loose wrote:
TimHotston wrote:You know I bet there's a trophy in this for completing the games on the hardest difficulties, without being seen and with no kills in which case MGS2 = impossible, MGS3 = Bosses rock solid but I did it (The Pains the hardest) one of my proudest gaming moments :D as for Peace Walker well I never played it on higher difficulties (not sure it had them) but some of the levels were rock solid. I salute any person who gains a Platinum Trophy for this collection.


Hate to be Captain Buzzkill but the trophy list has already been released, there are no difficulty trophies in MGS2. The closest you are going to get is the 'Complete Stealth' trophy in which you have to 'Clear the game without entering alert mode (not including events where alert mode is mandatory)'.

Again, no difficulty trophies in MGS3...nor is the stealth trophy :?

If I'm honest, the trophies look pretty easy.


Well technically the 'all dog tags' trophy will require you to play in multiple difficulties.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
User avatar
gmcb007 63
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 21:28
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby slick loose » 10 Nov 2011, 18:40

Oh yeah...forgot about that!
Image
User avatar
slick loose 67
 
Posts: 6430
Joined: 06 Aug 2008, 10:49
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: slickloose

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby Vampyre » 11 Nov 2011, 14:15

jim2wheels wrote:Only PS2 games can get a HD makeover as PS1 games would have to be completely remade from scratch.


Hmm. I was under the impression from a recent Edge article that these remakes have all been re-written from scratch anyway as there are all sorts of math, image, assets, etc problems with the original stuff. Perhaps that was just the stuff Bluepoint have done.
Vampyre 40
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 19 Jul 2007, 12:58
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby jim2wheels » 11 Nov 2011, 14:26

I think they would be charging a lot more than £25 quid if that was indeed the case.
Image
User avatar
jim2wheels 68
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 16:21
PSN ID: jim2wheels

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 11 Nov 2011, 14:35

Such a shame this was delayed in the UK. I was really looking forward to this.
User avatar
Very_Silver_Ownz 49
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 18:42
Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby slick loose » 11 Nov 2011, 14:38

Very_Silver_Ownz wrote:Such a shame this was delayed in the UK. I was really looking forward to this.

:?: :?: :?: :?:

You were JUST saying how s**t HD remakes are, I literally just replied to you in the Jak & Daxter thread! Make up your bloody mind...
Image
User avatar
slick loose 67
 
Posts: 6430
Joined: 06 Aug 2008, 10:49
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: slickloose

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Narcisus and 15 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]