Zelda: Skyward Sword: Scaling new heights or head in the clo

Your comments on our articles.

We get hands-on to find out...

Having played with the puzzle pieces - Link's incredible sword controls and motion magic kitbag - it's time to insert them into the bigger picture. And pictures come none bigger.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Zelda: Skyward Sword: Scaling new heights or head in the clo

Postby sepewrath » 07 Nov 2011, 22:34

Cant wait to play it.
sepewrath 29

Re: Zelda: Skyward Sword: Scaling new heights or head in the

Postby azz72 » 08 Nov 2011, 08:33

^^ me to, but it will have to wait until xmas as Skyrim will have my attention :lol:
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza Horizon 2,AC Unity
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD
PC:Asseto corsa,Football Manager
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 52

Xbox Live: timson72

Postby Knight » 08 Nov 2011, 09:15

azz72 wrote:^^ me to, but it will have to wait until xmas as Skyrim will have my attention :lol:

I went with Zelda first. Skyrim will take me much longer to complete.
I've managed to ovoid all Zelda spoilers over the past few months, just scroll down to read the replies. Exciting times!
Knight 55

Postby higgins78 » 08 Nov 2011, 09:32

azz72 wrote:^^ me to, but it will have to wait until xmas as Skyrim will have my attention :lol:

Ive already played Skyrim and didn't particularly like it, sure it was going under the name Oblivion but I reckon besides a "graphical upgrade" its the same basic game. What we have with Skyward Sword is a once in a lifetime game, a game built exclusively to take advantage of 1 systems mechanics, not only a "new" Zelda but a NEW Zelda. I cant honestly think of a better game to be playing over the Christmas period...
higgins78 42

Postby BOBA21FETT » 08 Nov 2011, 11:08

This games gonna be too too good!! :mrgreen:
BOBA21FETT 22

Xbox Live: BOBA21FETT
PSN ID: BOBA21FETT

Postby corkscru74 » 08 Nov 2011, 14:09

higgins78 wrote:Ive already played Skyrim and didn't particularly like it, sure it was going under the name Oblivion but I reckon besides a "graphical upgrade" its the same basic game. What we have with Skyward Sword is a once in a lifetime game, a game built exclusively to take advantage of 1 systems mechanics, not only a "new" Zelda but a NEW Zelda. I cant honestly think of a better game to be playing over the Christmas period...

Seriously? You're comparing Zelda to Skyrim and saying the latter doesn't innovate? I'm a Zelda fan but even I have to admit they borrow heavily from previous incarnations! Whenever I play a new Zelda title I get deja vu!

What's more ridiculous is that the open nature of the Elder Scrolls games means that I doubt two people have had the same experiences while playing Oblivion, let alone a different title in the series.

This isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black, it's more like the pot calling the kettle a pot! :lol:
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74