to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

EU PlayStation Store update: Battlefield 3, InFamous 2

Your comments on our articles.

All this week's content detailed...

Sony has detailed this week's PlayStation Store update.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

EU PlayStation Store update: Battlefield 3, InFamous 2

Postby ensabahnur » 26 Oct 2011, 14:55

£49.99 for Battlefield is an improvement on the some of the prices PSN has been pushing for the last few big releases but its still far too much.

I just paid £32.85 for the LTD edition from shopto, taking into account the £4 i had lying on my account from recommendations the full price should have been £36.85.

Anyone who pays these shocking PSN prices should have (MUG) attached to their gamer tag.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Re: EU PlayStation Store update: Battlefield 3, InFamous 2

Postby TheLastDodo » 26 Oct 2011, 15:14

Agreed but that would undercut retail and heaven forbid they upset retail.

I can't think of a single advantage to buying BF3 from PSN.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby jim2wheels » 26 Oct 2011, 15:47

TheLastDodo wrote:Agreed but that would undercut retail and heaven forbid they upset retail.

Less wear and tear on the Blu-Ray drive? I'm scrapping the barrel, obviously. :wink:
jim2wheels 67

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby TheLastDodo » 26 Oct 2011, 16:05

jim2wheels wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:Agreed but that would undercut retail and heaven forbid they upset retail.

Less wear and tear on the Blu-Ray drive? I'm scrapping the barrel, obviously. :wink:

Scrape the barrel before you scrap it jim, otherwise scraping may prove tricky :wink:

Less wear and tear is the only advantage I can think of.

You can get it earlier online, get it cheaper, you get pre-order content, you can rent it, you can trade it afterwards, takes up less HDD space.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby Solm » 26 Oct 2011, 17:42

Still no Oddworld HD will it ever be released :cry:
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 52

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby sonic_uk » 26 Oct 2011, 18:37

Sure, download an inferior version of Battlefield 3 for more than a tenner than the boxed retail version which includes a physical disc, case, instructions and any other extras that you get to keep forever. Sounds like a bargain :roll:

I remember when this digital distribution first came into play and we heard all the crap about "how it would be cheaper as there are no retail shipping costs involved" or "as there are no instructions or box to manufacture, the digital version would be much cheaper to produce and those costs will be reflected in the pricing structure". I called crap on the whole thing back then and it looks as though I was sadly right. The sad thing is there must be a profit in it as there must be some stupid mugs wiling to pay ridiculous amounts of money for it.

jim2wheels wrote:

And more wear and tear on your Hdd instead? :?
Last edited by sonic_uk on 26 Oct 2011, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Own...Xbox360(Slim), Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, Xbox360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 53

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 26 Oct 2011, 18:41

ensabahnur wrote:£49.99 for Battlefield is an improvement on the some of the prices PSN has been pushing for the last few big releases but its still far too much.

I just paid £32.85 for the LTD edition from shopto, taking into account the £4 i had lying on my account from recommendations the full price should have been £36.85.

Anyone who pays these shocking PSN prices should have (MUG) attached to their gamer tag.

I think I know why they price these games so high on PSN/XBL. Some people share the cost between a group of friends for example putting some money each which makes it look like people are actually buying these games.

Its the only way I can think of why :|
Very_Silver_Ownz 49

Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Postby Padua » 27 Oct 2011, 08:26

Agreed on the crazy pricing - A digital version should be much cheaper or they should ship you the physical box too!

Something that I picked up from Kotaku - (the above list is far too long and dull to read - please present it better CVG :idea: )

The Infamous 2 DLC is actually STAND-ALONE. Yeah - you don't even need to own Infamous 2 to enjoy it :mrgreen:
Cole is is a vampire and is trying to save his soul before dawn :shock:
It is only £6 something if your a Plus subscriber (20% discount for one week only) and has a video preview on the store.
Padua 61

Postby jim2wheels » 27 Oct 2011, 12:52

sonic_uk wrote:And more wear and tear on your Hdd instead? :?

Anyone can the replace the HDD (2 min job), couldn't say the same about a disc drive. I was only jesting though...
jim2wheels 67

Postby sonic_uk » 27 Oct 2011, 19:04

jim2wheels wrote:
sonic_uk wrote:And more wear and tear on your Hdd instead? :?

Anyone can the replace the HDD (2 min job), couldn't say the same about a disc drive. I was only jesting though...

Yeah, I was joking dude! But yeah, you could replace the disc drive too in theory if you know someone who can repair these things or take it to a shop who does console repairs! Does seem a bit silly though, I cannot see any reason why anyone would pay more than a tenner more for an inferior digital version. Crazy.
Own...Xbox360(Slim), Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, Xbox360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 53

Postby jim2wheels » 27 Oct 2011, 20:00

Sorry matie, your usage of smilies bamboozled me. :)

Some muppet buys em, otherwise they wouldn't bother. Preying on the old and the stupid I reckon. Completely outers maaan.
jim2wheels 67