to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Medal of Honor hinted by Battlefield 3 insert

Your comments on our articles.

Leaflet included with BF3 hints at new MoH sequel next year

Is EA working on a new Medal of Honor game for 2012? It would seem likely given the relatively positive response to the 2010 revival title, and now even EA's hinting at it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Medal of Honor hinted by Battlefield 3 insert

Postby dicky1993 » 24 Oct 2011, 00:45

i loved Medal Of Honor it was really down to earth and was brilliant fighting in a real ongoing war for once.
Include me plunging a knife into osama bin laden whilst singing a verse from killing me softly and i'll buy it day 1.

but in all sense it was a great game:) :D
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Re: New Medal of Honor hinted by Battlefield 3 insert

Postby KMakawa » 24 Oct 2011, 01:42

People really hated the game because of its multiplayer side of things, with spawn trapping and whatnot.. but ultimately the goings on of DICE's multiplayer side hasnt got anything to do with Danger Closes singleplayer. I for one, really enjoyed Medal of Honor, i think the campaign was a tad short, but it was full of atmosphere and stuff that shooters have been missing.

In terms of Danger Close.. some of the team behind it hadnt made a game since the last which was in 2007. For some of them to return to the industry to create a singleplayer that they did.. They have my kudos for it, it takes quite a bit to do what they did. MOH was last in 2010, 2 years for MOH 2 .. thats quite respectable, and can't wait to see whats next. A few mistakes have been learned, I wont judge the first game, it'll obviously have problems.. the judging starts in MOH2 (to see where they've grown as a dev team).
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 64
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby sibear » 24 Oct 2011, 01:47

I agree. The campaign in MOH was better than any of the other military shooters by miles. Not only was it a real ongoing war but it was based on a real mission that went badly wrong. The only thing that I thought was a slight let down was the lack of destruction in the MP. I loved the slide and peak moves in the campaign too.
sibear 47

Postby JJM-NUKE » 24 Oct 2011, 02:02

It has the PlayStation network symbol on it and this normally means that the title will be downloadable, so don't expect a retail game.
JJM-NUKE 36

Postby SpandexArmstrong » 24 Oct 2011, 04:16

So this will be EA's COD killer for 2012? Lol
SpandexArmstrong 45

PSN ID: Me0wgRavY

Postby EddieNES » 24 Oct 2011, 04:36

I think the 1 just stands for Tier 1. Right?
EddieNES 27

Xbox Live: EddieNES
PSN ID: EddieNES

Postby Papzotic » 24 Oct 2011, 05:18

JJM-NUKE wrote:It has the PlayStation network symbol on it and this normally means that the title will be downloadable, so don't expect a retail game.

I'm pretty sure it means you can play online... on PSN. :|
Papzotic 29

Postby KieranTC » 24 Oct 2011, 07:20

Who writes these articles?

CVG, the existence of MOH2 was confirmed earlier this year by Greg Goodrich, head of Danger Close on the MOH Blog...........and you reported on it!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/28 ... ger-close/

A tiny piece of research would also lead you to realise the "1" in the picture represents the Tier 1 group from the reboot, not another reboot.

The level of journalism on this website has gone down hill big time.
KieranTC 35

Xbox Live: K T C
PSN ID: KieranTC

Postby MJ-Thriller94 » 24 Oct 2011, 08:04

God i hope so. I cant wait for the next Medal of Honor. The campaign was the best in a war shooter since Call of Duty 2. I loved it, only recently completed it there this Saturday past, for the 4th time. It felt so realistic and as if you were part of a greater thing, not just one man on a mission, you felt like a team man. And so many people sh!t on the multiplayer. It wasn't bad, i enjoyed it, was a good balance between Cod and Battlefield without becoming a carbon copy of either one. When i heard about a new one in the works i got excited so now i can't wait for a new one being released. And at least it aint a yearly release title hahaha :lol:
Currently playing: Crysis 3, The Godfather, Bioshock Infinite, Fifa 13
MJ-Thriller94 49

Xbox Live: bigbrain303
PSN ID: MJ-Thriller94

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 24 Oct 2011, 08:05

I already got stung by Medal of Honor last year, one of the worst games I bought this gen. And the campaign was f**king utter garbage.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby moogiesboy » 24 Oct 2011, 09:27

Loved medal of honor, I have to confess, and I'd be all over a sequel like like a tramp on chips.
moogiesboy 51

Xbox Live: lazyboyjones
PSN ID: neutronbomb
Battle.net: lazyboyblue

Postby kakah » 24 Oct 2011, 09:47

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:I already got stung by Medal of Honor last year, one of the worst games I bought this gen. And the campaign was f**king utter garbage.

I played the first level and it was one of the worst games I have played - total tripe!
kakah 40

Postby rustym » 24 Oct 2011, 10:15

I agree. The campaign in MOH was better than any of the other military shooters by miles. Not only was it a real ongoing war but it was based on a real mission that went badly wrong. The only thing that I thought was a slight let down was the lack of destruction in the MP. I loved the slide and peak moves in the campaign too.

I heard loads of bad stuff about 1st MOH so I avoided it until about march thi year got it for bout 15quid and loved it, I personally liked it better than MW1 and 2
rustym 29

Postby DoomGuy84 » 24 Oct 2011, 11:41

I'd be up for another MOH. I ended up renting the last one because of its average reviews and i think it was the right decision because i completed the single player on hard in a couple of days. Had fun with the tier 1(?) mode where you shot enemies for time bonuses and seeing where you were on the online leaderboards was good. The multiplayer was just spawn, die, spawn, run for a few seconds, die though.
DoomGuy84 30

Postby eastldn » 24 Oct 2011, 11:52

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:I already got stung by Medal of Honor last year, one of the worst games I bought this gen. And the campaign was f**king utter garbage.

this
eastldn 43