to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: Why I love it

Your comments on our articles.

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: Why I love it

Postby metallicorphan » 22 Oct 2011, 19:41

A brilliant game,and probably just behind Ocarina of Time as my favourite Zelda game,i was very happy when i finished it on my DS(with the GBA cartridge extension thing)
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: Why I love it

Postby IbanezLewis » 22 Oct 2011, 22:16

Easily my favourite Zelda game. I have no idea how many hours I've sunk into that game from when I was a kid.
IbanezLewis 56

Postby potnoodle1 » 22 Oct 2011, 22:45

Easily one of the best and most foundly remembered games of my SNES days. I've lost count of the amount of times I've played through it since then.
potnoodle1 52

Postby Laughlyn » 23 Oct 2011, 03:28

"The downside was that I became so imprinted on Zelda's top-down gameplay that I stuck firmly to the SNES, Game Boy and GBA titles. I missed out on the entire N64 and Wii canon because I found first-person Link deeply confusing"

i couldnt relate more to that section. i love top down Zelda games, I bought OoT 3D on release day, didnt even touch it. was too roped into Minish Cap i'd just gotten through letterbox off t'ebay on the same day. Criminally short but absolutly amazing, 3DS is sat on the bedside cabinet on charge all time gathering dust while my DSi XL gets hammered with 4 Swords (i have it on 3DS too but XL is more comfortable) I was about 9 when i first played teh original Zelda on my NES, a buddy stayed teh night and we were awake all night playing it to complete it, him drawing teh maps of teh dungeons room by room so we didnt get lost, me finally getting teh silver arrows n slaying Gannon (oh yes, 2 N's) only to be greated with the second quest which i've still never gotten round to finishing... Yet. I have the GBA version ordered and before my 32nd b'day i'm determined to finally get that second Triforce from Gannons mits :D
Laughlyn 55

Postby KesMonkey » 23 Oct 2011, 12:16

I only recently started playing through this again (GBA version). It really is one of the greatest games of all time, and easily my favourite Zelda title. None of the sequels have quite captured the 'magic' of this one (for me). It also has what is possibly the greatest music score of any game.
I like cake.
KesMonkey 62

Postby paulhudd » 23 Oct 2011, 14:39

This is defo my favourite Zelda, and yes, the best music of the series too! I've also have lost count on how many times I've gone through it. 3D release please!?
paulhudd 55

Xbox Live: myspacePAULHUDD
PSN ID: Phudd
Wii Code: some long number

Postby Lithium007 » 24 Oct 2011, 10:24

There are very few games I would buy over and over, and this may well be the number one
Lithium007 16

Xbox Live: Lithium007
PSN ID: Lithium007