Uncharted 3 review - 98% in OPM Spain, 'a masterpiece'

Your comments on our articles.

Third Uncharted 3 review pours on the praise

The third Uncharted 3 review has hit the net and Naughty Dog will be pleased to hear that it's more of the same.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Uncharted 3 review - 98% in OPM Spain, 'a masterpiece'

Postby Atinetro » 20 Oct 2011, 09:34

9.8? Pfft. Expected more!
Atinetro 46

Xbox Live: Atinetro
PSN ID: Atinetro
Steam: Atinetro
Battle.net: nick.hanchet@live.co.uk

Re: Uncharted 3 review - 98% in OPM Spain, 'a masterpiece'

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:01

The term "masterpiece" gets thrown around way too often these days. Yes Ive not played the retail game myself but can guarantee Uncharted 3 doesn't offer the leap which Uncharted 2 did from its predecessor. Sure, Uncharted 2 was an above-average game topped with some great moments but it was also so very flawed. PS3 owners seem already to be hanging their hat on this game being a once in a lifetime experience...my thinking is it will simply be more of the same in the Uncharted franchise.

P.S I am a PS3, Wii and DSi owner this gen.
higgins78 42

Postby YouStoleMyKill » 20 Oct 2011, 10:17

“Yes Ive not played the retail game myself but can guarantee Uncharted 3 doesn't offer the leap which Uncharted 2 did from its predecessor. ”
Naughty Dog already said their is a leap from uncharted 2 to uncharted 3 but not as big as the leap from uncharted drakes fortune to uncharted 2 because it simply cant be done on the ps3 they would need the ps4 to do it.
YouStoleMyKill 37

PSN ID: Connor_mufc_1985

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:23

YouStoleMyKill wrote:“Yes Ive not played the retail game myself but can guarantee Uncharted 3 doesn't offer the leap which Uncharted 2 did from its predecessor. ”
Naughty Dog already said their is a leap from uncharted 2 to uncharted 3 but not as big as the leap from uncharted drakes fortune to uncharted 2 because it simply cant be done on the ps3 they would need the ps4 to do it.

So who are you listening to...Naughty Dog's PR team? The "leap" made from Uncharted to Uncharted 2 was NOT anything more than making the game more dramatic with better set-pieces, the technical side remained largely unchanged besides a bit of polish. People can say what they like about Nintendo's first-party support but what you never hear them using as an excuse is hardware.
higgins78 42

Postby ChotaDon » 20 Oct 2011, 10:25

higgins78 wrote:The term "masterpiece" gets thrown around way too often these days. Yes Ive not played the retail game myself but can guarantee Uncharted 3 doesn't offer the leap which Uncharted 2 did from its predecessor. Sure, Uncharted 2 was an above-average game topped with some great moments but it was also so very flawed. PS3 owners seem already to be hanging their hat on this game being a once in a lifetime experience...my thinking is it will simply be more of the same in the Uncharted franchise.

Well considering Uncharted 2 is currently the best game this gen, I couldn't careless if it isn't a big leap from its predecessor.
ChotaDon 23

Postby Blue Odeyssey » 20 Oct 2011, 10:31

@Chotadon You sir just hit the nail directly on the head.
Blue Odeyssey 30

Postby MrPirtniw » 20 Oct 2011, 10:33

ChotaDon wrote: Well IN MY OPINION Uncharted 2 is currently the best game this gen, I couldn't careless if it isn't a big leap from its predecessor.

Fixed.

Uncharted 2 forced me to buy a PS3 and I'm sure Uncharted 3 is going to be great- but my fave game this gen is going to be a mish mash of Mass Effect 1/2, Deus Ex 3, Castlevania and Reach (for the multiplayer). I wonder what they'd be like combined... No, It's too erotic. I musn't.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:38

ChotaDon wrote:
higgins78 wrote:The term "masterpiece" gets thrown around way too often these days. Yes Ive not played the retail game myself but can guarantee Uncharted 3 doesn't offer the leap which Uncharted 2 did from its predecessor. Sure, Uncharted 2 was an above-average game topped with some great moments but it was also so very flawed. PS3 owners seem already to be hanging their hat on this game being a once in a lifetime experience...my thinking is it will simply be more of the same in the Uncharted franchise.

Well considering Uncharted 2 is currently the best game this gen, I couldn't careless if it isn't a big leap from its predecessor.

The "best game this gen"!? Is that the official or unofficial line? Be serious, how first can you compare a game such as Uncharted 2 with a game such as Virtua Fighter Online for example. Also, that you make such a statement tells me you MUST have played every other game released this gen across ALL platforms.
higgins78 42

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:40

MrPirtniw wrote:
ChotaDon wrote: Well IN MY OPINION Uncharted 2 is currently the best game this gen, I couldn't careless if it isn't a big leap from its predecessor.

Fixed.

Uncharted 2 forced me to buy a PS3 and I'm sure Uncharted 3 is going to be great- but my fave game this gen is going to be a mish mash of Mass Effect 1/2, Deus Ex 3, Castlevania and Reach (for the multiplayer). I wonder what they'd be like combined... No, It's too erotic. I musn't.

Sorry to interrupt you in the middle of your little wet-dream but WTF!?
higgins78 42

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:40

Blue Odeyssey wrote:@Chotadon You sir just hit the nail directly on the head.

Ohh look...best friends.
higgins78 42

Postby Barry316 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:43

He likes Uncharted, you don't SHOCK HORROR....differing opinions on the internet, whatever next.

Must really bother you though seeing that half the comments on this story are from you.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:48

Barry316 wrote:He likes Uncharted, you don't SHOCK HORROR....differing opinions on the internet, whatever next.

Must really bother you though seeing that half the comments on this story are from you.

Thank you for this contribution. Give yourself a pat on the back did you?
higgins78 42

Postby Barry316 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:54

Oh i see you're one those types, just craving a little attention and lonely. Carry on.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby higgins78 » 20 Oct 2011, 10:56

Barry316 wrote:Oh i see you're one those types, just craving a little attention and lonely. Carry on.

Thats right. Even as I'm typing this I am sitting in an empty house sobbing uncontrollably...another self-congratulatory pat on the back for you.
higgins78 42

Postby YouStoleMyKill » 20 Oct 2011, 11:03

“So who are you listening to...Naughty Dog's PR team?”
The article i read was by the uncharted 3 game director Justin Richmond and I think its fair to say he knows a lot more than you on uncharted / ps3's limitations dont you?
YouStoleMyKill 37

PSN ID: Connor_mufc_1985

Next