to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Batman: Arkham City DLC problems hit early adopters

Your comments on our articles.

Warner looking into missing Catwoman codes

A number of day one Batman: Arkham City purchasers have reported numerous problems accessing the game's add-on content.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Batman: Arkham City DLC problems hit early adopters

Postby metallicorphan » 19 Oct 2011, 10:39

hopefully everything will be cool when i pick up my copy on Friday
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Re: Batman: Arkham City DLC problems hit early adopters

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Oct 2011, 11:19

Publisher Warner says it's still working on sorting out the missing Catwoman codes.

The bloody irony here is incredible!

The missing DLC, which accounts for 10% of the Game (if reports are right) is also missing for every customer who buys the Game new but doesnt have an internet connection. Where do they tune in Warners?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby GTCzeero » 19 Oct 2011, 11:41

Warner Bros can't get anything right lately, can they?

Though I should point out that I'm fairly biased in this matter, as my PS3 isn't connected to the net I can't play 10% of the game I'm purchasing new (the collectors edition even!) simply because WB want to punish someone else for buying used (except people in the US who buy used at gamestop get the code anyway). Even worse, I won't be able to complete the Riddler sidequests because of that missing content.

Add in the myriad retailer exclusive and various pre-order DLC available already, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to suggest that this isn't about fighting used games sales, but rather it's WB bleeding s much money as they can out of the consumer for a game that is going to sell exceptionally well anyway.

I'm still getting the game of course, its just that what amounts to Warner Bros hideous attempts at console DRM has soured my anticipation for the game I've been looking forward to more than any other title for the last year or so.
GTCzeero 31

Postby ensabahnur » 19 Oct 2011, 11:43

Hmmm, could it be possible that this "unlucky" few are actually people who aren't too happy with the online pass system and are possibly trying to bag a few extra codes so other people in their household can get the full experience on separate systems?

Or so they have a fresh code for when they go to sell them on?

Just seems that one of the highest profile games to use this system seems to be the only one that's had this problem of codes not being printed on the card.

Or am i just getting cynical in my old age?
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby ensabahnur » 19 Oct 2011, 11:49

GTCzeero wrote:
Though I should point out that I'm fairly biased in this matter, as my PS3 isn't connected to the net I can't play 10% of the game I'm purchasing new (the collectors edition even!) simply because WB want to punish someone else for buying used (except people in the US who buy used at gamestop get the code anyway). Even worse, I won't be able to complete the Riddler sidequests because of that missing content.

Actually the Catwoman trophies/achievements are classed as DLC, and her Riddler sidequests are not included in the original trophy set either so the game can actually be 100% trophied. But it still sucks that its been removed for this reason.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby jim2wheels » 19 Oct 2011, 12:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

That's all I have to say on the matter.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby Terranova1 » 19 Oct 2011, 13:04

ensabahnur wrote:
GTCzeero wrote:

Actually the Catwoman trophies/achievements are classed as DLC, and her Riddler sidequests are not included in the original trophy set either so the game can actually be 100% trophied. But it still sucks that its been removed for this reason.

Yes you maybe able to 100% complete trophy / achievement wise but in order to meet and take down the riddler you have to get every riddler trophy and clue in the game and some of them can only be gotten with Catwomen those with no Internet connection or those that want to get it pre-owned and not pay for the pass, they will never be able to see the riddler as it currently stands, that's what is f'd up about this whole catwomen pass thing.
Terranova1 35

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 19 Oct 2011, 13:34

ensabahnur wrote:Hmmm, could it be possible that this "unlucky" few are actually people who aren't too happy with the online pass system and are possibly trying to bag a few extra codes so other people in their household can get the full experience on separate systems?

Just seems that one of the highest profile games to use this system seems to be the only one that's had this problem of codes not being printed on the card.

Yeah thats the most likely whats gone on here :?
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby CraigoCorleone » 19 Oct 2011, 15:22

ensabahnur wrote:Hmmm, could it be possible that this "unlucky" few are actually people who aren't too happy with the online pass system and are possibly trying to bag a few extra codes so other people in their household can get the full experience on separate systems?

Like it!
CraigoCorleone 18

Postby damoxuk » 19 Oct 2011, 18:48

My Steelbook edition just shipped from Tesco so hopefully have it tommorow :)
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby AJDarkstar » 19 Oct 2011, 19:18

GTCzeero wrote:Warner Bros can't get anything right lately, can they?

Add in the myriad retailer exclusive and various pre-order DLC available already, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to suggest that this isn't about fighting used games sales, but rather it's WB bleeding s much money as they can out of the consumer for a game that is going to sell exceptionally well anyway.

I'm still getting the game of course, its just that what amounts to Warner Bros hideous attempts at console DRM has soured my anticipation for the game I've been looking forward to more than any other title for the last year or so.

I expressed my concerns to a mate about this recently. What about the new 360 disc format - can they be played on a console not connected to the net? I bet MS makes people download the update and burn it to disc or copy it to a flash drive to be installed that way. Leaving the content off of the disc is heinous - it should be on there with an unlock code (but then I guess it could be hacked).

DRM only ever seems to punish the genuine buyers, the pirates will just find a way around it.
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby SuperCinos » 19 Oct 2011, 21:06

Well Rocksteady/WB just stuck a big fat middle finger up at the rental market.

Last I checked this was a legitimate and legal method of playing games. Nice to see the big publishers treat it (and the customers that use it) with respect.
SuperCinos 53

Postby gmcb007 » 19 Oct 2011, 21:48

SuperCinos wrote:Well Rocksteady/WB just stuck a big fat middle finger up at the rental market.

Last I checked this was a legitimate and legal method of playing games. Nice to see the big publishers treat it (and the customers that use it) with respect.

I know. They seem too greedy to realise that not everbody in current times can afford to run out and buy it on day one. If they want to make money off rentals then why don't they just sell rental copies to these stores at a certain costs so us gamers don't get penalised. Hell i'm pretty sure a lot of people use the rental service to 'test drive' a game and then they go out and buy it.

Unfortunately WB are just exploiting the popularity/demand of the game for their own benefits just like a certain FPS publisher likes to do.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby CraigoCorleone » 20 Oct 2011, 13:01

So many games are released where the content is already on the disc but you need to go online to download a 60kb unblocker to activate it.
CraigoCorleone 18

Postby TheLastDodo » 20 Oct 2011, 13:12

Catwoman stuff worked fine for me, put the code in, downloaded the bundle (217 MB)
TheLastDodo 77

Next