Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Your comments on our articles.

Modern Warfare gets its air support

It's almost impossible in these post-Modern Warfare times to imagine any game that's simply about arcade thrills, without every possible bell and whistle tacked on. Namco's years-old Ace Combat was all about uncomplicated dogfights, largely leaving your pilot's back-story grounded as you imagined, in your own head, being Top Gun's Maverick.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Postby DoomGuy84 » 11 Oct 2011, 12:16

Really enjoyed the demo, i actually thought the chopper level was more exciting than the jet one although it took me a while to get used to the apache controls. Not a big fan of the DFM though, it takes a bit of the realism away but Ace Combat is an arcade game at heart. This will definately be getting purchased at some point!
DoomGuy84 31

Re: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Postby PandyBear » 11 Oct 2011, 14:52

After watching the vid, i would kill for a new Desert Strike game, set like this :D
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear

Postby Ellscore » 11 Oct 2011, 15:31

PandyBear wrote:After watching the vid, i would kill for a new Desert Strike game, set like this :D
DoomGuy84 wrote:Really enjoyed the demo, i actually thought the chopper level was more exciting than the jet one although it took me a while to get used to the apache controls. Not a big fan of the DFM though, it takes a bit of the realism away but Ace Combat is an arcade game at heart. This will definately be getting purchased at some point!

Really agree with these comments. They could scrap the fighter jet stuff and concentrate on the apache missions. Thought the sommersault evade was fun at first but a bit over the top 25 evades later. Would definitely, definitely day one purchase buy into a franchise of the apache missions.
Ellscore 35

Postby PandyBear » 11 Oct 2011, 19:49

Ellscore wrote:
PandyBear wrote:After watching the vid, i would kill for a new Desert Strike game, set like this :D
DoomGuy84 wrote:Really enjoyed the demo, i actually thought the chopper level was more exciting than the jet one although it took me a while to get used to the apache controls. Not a big fan of the DFM though, it takes a bit of the realism away but Ace Combat is an arcade game at heart. This will definately be getting purchased at some point!

Really agree with these comments. They could scrap the fighter jet stuff and concentrate on the apache missions. Thought the sommersault evade was fun at first but a bit over the top 25 evades later. Would definitely, definitely day one purchase buy into a franchise of the apache missions.

I completely forgot about this: Apache Air Assualt It got fairly average reviews across the board, might be worth having a look at mate ;)
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear