Top 5 X-Men games of all time

Your comments on our articles.

A round-up of our favourite games featuring Marvel's mutants...

The X-Men have had a bit of a rough ride in the realm of video games, we haven't counted them all up but we're pretty sure games based on or featuring Xavier's gifted do-gooders have come out looking like mangle mutations more often than heroic luminaries.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Top 5 X-Men games of all time

Postby Ror1984 » 07 Oct 2011, 15:15

No X-Men on the Megadrive?

CVG, I am disappoint.
Currently playing - 360: Skyrim // Wii: Skyward Sword // PS3: - // PSP: Dissidia Duodecim // PS2: - // 3DS: Tales of the Abyss + Resi Revelations // Windows Phone: - // Vita on pre-order \o/
Ror1984 50

Xbox Live: KHROMAsynthetik
Steam: khromasynthetik

Re: Top 5 X-Men games of all time

Postby ensabahnur » 07 Oct 2011, 15:41

Ror1984 wrote:No X-Men on the Megadrive?

CVG, I am disappoint.
Yeah, Clone Wars was a great megadrive game and it was the only one from the 16 bit era where you could play as Magneto after you had defeated him, as far as i'm aware.

Never got a chance to play Mutant Apocalypse for the SNES, i'm pretty sure it was never released in the UK.

And i would have had Children of the Atom or X-Men vs Streetfighter on there before MvC2, yes MvC2 was the better game but it isn't an X-Men game its a Marvel game.

And i'm with you coolpro, X-Men Legends 3 would be pretty sweet and would wash away the sour taste of Ultimate Alliance 2.
Last edited by ensabahnur on 07 Oct 2011, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby coolpro » 07 Oct 2011, 15:43

X-Men Legends 1 & 2 are brilliant games! What the reinvention of Gauntlet should have been.

The end of 2 left open an option of a Legends 3 but we were given Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 instead which were a massive mix of comic book lore that became confusing for even the most well read comic book geek!

Amazing how Activision did get it right in the first place but then inevitably c0cked it up in the end!!

I still google X-Men Legends 3 from time to time in the hope of a roomer on the radar but I think sadly it will probably never happen ... bumsy!
coolpro 48

Postby Fr33Kye » 07 Oct 2011, 18:02

I loved x-men legends...And now i really want an awesome x-men game. I don't think you have to play as your favorite x-men in order for it to be a great game. It could be an rpg about your journey to the academy and fighting bigotry and eventually training and having your own story. Anyway i never got to play x-men origins but now i feel bad for raven software...
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Laughlyn » 08 Oct 2011, 12:33

suprised children of teh atom wasnt in there, a proper x-men fighter and is still a brilliant fighter (as is marvel super heroes) i still have them on my saturn upstair, i always wanted x-men v street fighter and marvel super heroes vs street fighter but i think they were just import only and with the ram cart to get them running arcade perfect. shame teh saturn was overlooked by teh psone co sit was an amazing platform for the 2d fighters. i'm still hoping SEGA get there arse in gear and give us a new fighters megamix, no tatty blurry hd, i want a proper new game, may get SEGA a bit of attention ove rtekken and soul calibur.
Laughlyn 55

Postby Ror1984 » 08 Oct 2011, 15:42

Laughlyn wrote:suprised children of teh atom wasnt in there, a proper x-men fighter and is still a brilliant fighter (as is marvel super heroes) i still have them on my saturn upstair, i always wanted x-men v street fighter and marvel super heroes vs street fighter but i think they were just import only and with the ram cart to get them running arcade perfect. shame teh saturn was overlooked by teh psone co sit was an amazing platform for the 2d fighters. i'm still hoping SEGA get there arse in gear and give us a new fighters megamix, no tatty blurry hd, i want a proper new game, may get SEGA a bit of attention ove rtekken and soul calibur.

The Saturn is one of my favourite consoles of all time. It was THE fighting system for me - COTA, Alpha 2, VF2, the incredible Fighters Megamix, Last Bronx. But it wasn't just fighters, you had the Panzer games (Zwei and Saga are both in my all time top ten), NiGHTS, Sega Rally and Daytona and so many others. It's a shame it was so criminally overlooked, as was the Dreamcast, one of my other favourites.

Laughlyn, I think I would explode if they announced a Megamix 2 :|
Currently playing - 360: Skyrim // Wii: Skyward Sword // PS3: - // PSP: Dissidia Duodecim // PS2: - // 3DS: Tales of the Abyss + Resi Revelations // Windows Phone: - // Vita on pre-order \o/
Ror1984 50

Xbox Live: KHROMAsynthetik
Steam: khromasynthetik