to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assault Horizon demo does big numbers, shows off with traile

Your comments on our articles.

Namco stunner out next week

The Ace Combat: Assault Horizon demo, available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, has been downloaded more than 1.2 million times in less than a month, Namco Bandai's said.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assault Horizon demo does big numbers, shows off with traile

Postby Drusus » 06 Oct 2011, 21:03

Wow 1.2million people at least 50% of those must be big fans of the series like me. So that's around 600,000 hearts broken when they realised it'd been turned into 'Call of Sky Duty Arcade Mega Mix' subtitled 'Hey look my plane can turn on a sixpence woooooooooooo!'
Drusus 56

Re: Assault Horizon demo does big numbers, shows off with tr

Postby ileatyoualive » 06 Oct 2011, 21:57

^ yeah i agree.

Being a big time fan of the series, i just dont find the 'so-serious' tone they have been taking over the years gels well.

My personal faves are Ace Combat 2 + 3 (jap version for 3)
The soundtrack alone for AC2 is too much.

AH just felt weird. Doesnt even feel like an Ace Combat game.
I really want to like this new version, but part of me wonders im playing some slow ass helicopter trying to shoot some random sh!t i dont care about.

Thrilling..........................................not.
ileatyoualive 57

Postby dog_man_STAR » 07 Oct 2011, 10:36

Drusus wrote:Wow 1.2million people at least 50% of those must be big fans of the series like me. So that's around 600,000 hearts broken when they realised it'd been turned into 'Call of Sky Duty Arcade Mega Mix' subtitled 'Hey look my plane can turn on a sixpence woooooooooooo!'

Not worth downloading then? Is it an outright shite game or disappointing as a long time fan of the series?
Also wasn't the series originally called 'Air Combat' or am I thinking of something else?
Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
dog_man_STAR 46

Xbox Live: buttermnkey
PSN ID: muttley84

Postby Killermancarro » 07 Oct 2011, 12:36

It's manic to say the least. Within the first 10 seconds I felt like I had downloaded a migraine with a side of epilepsy
Killermancarro 46

Postby budge » 07 Oct 2011, 12:49

I dowloaded it and immediately deleted it after being prompted to press the RB and LB together which basically makes you automatically tail the enemy like a supremely ace pilot and just press fire! I remember playing the Ace Combat's on the PS2 where you had to dogfight yourself and it was pure arcadey fun. What happened? :?
Los Rojiblancos
budge 65

Postby sonic_uk » 08 Oct 2011, 09:21

After I realized how to change the controls so that I could do a barrel-roll (the default setting keeps leveling your plane so you cannot do this) I really enjoyed the demo. I found the last Ace Combat game too slow paced for my liking and love the new action approach to the series. I'm a big fan of the H.A.W.X games as well and am really looking forward to this game now. After playing the demo I placed my preorder for the Limited Edition and am really looking forward to playing the game next week when it comes out.
Own...Xbox360(Slim), Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, Xbox360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 53