to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Skyward Sword: An adventure 25 years in the making

Your comments on our articles.

Taking to the skies with Link in this huge preview...

Dissenters would have you believe that Link's 25 years are a quarter century of conservative repeats. Boy finds sword, snaffles exotic kit, solves puzzles and saves princess. Re-release every four years with slightly shinier graphics.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Skyward Sword: An adventure 25 years in the making

Postby ste hicky » 30 Sep 2011, 19:55

I'm more excited for this than for Skyrim or Halo, It looks like a true return to top form for the series.

I keep getting a distinct Kefka vibe from Ghirahim too. Interesting.

anyway, 3 new trailers here. A new Japanese trailer, A new HD Tutorial trailer and a HD Romance trailer for good measure: http://hicky-hsgameview.blogspot.com/20 ... ilers.html

Here's Miyamoto's TGS presentation with English subs for those who missed it too: http://hicky-hsgameview.blogspot.com/20 ... ation.html
Last edited by ste hicky on 01 Oct 2011, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Re: Skyward Sword: An adventure 25 years in the making

Postby charliecheswick » 30 Sep 2011, 22:05

I read the first two paragraphs and they put a smile on an old bugger's face. It's 100% correct,you'ld think every Zelda game was exactly the same but nothing could be further from the truth. Every new Zelda brings something new and in turn,every game feels fresh. If anyone put a montage of all the Zelda games into single video ( please C&VG ) ,i think the naysayers would be shocked at just how different the games are. Only read the first two paragraphs as i don't want any spoilers....although i've been told there's a chuffin' rollercoaster in there somewhere,which i'm not sure was a wind-up but,well,think i'd like that! Not only my fovourite series of all time but also my most coverted.
charliecheswick 47

Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby a3HeadedMonkey » 01 Oct 2011, 01:29

Honestly, who still gives a f**k?
a3HeadedMonkey 69

Postby RumbleThunder » 01 Oct 2011, 05:41

Still trolling this site after all this time?

You must have some kind of passion if you visit the article and leave that you miserable bastard.

Looking forward to the Wii's swan song.
Epidemic!
Take no prisoners...
RumbleThunder 59

Postby ricflair » 01 Oct 2011, 10:55

I've not looked forward to a game this much, probably since TP.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby ste hicky » 01 Oct 2011, 13:46

a3HeadedMonkey wrote:Honestly, who still gives a f**k?
over a hundred people have checked the trailers i posted just from this page since last night so i'd say quite a few tbh.

thx for the views people and sorry for throwing (er...) links in but i sat on those trailers for a day and waited for them to hit here, they didn't.

hope you all enjoy em.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby Channel4 » 01 Oct 2011, 15:39

Looks like i'll finally be buying a Wii just for this game. It's strange that i've ignored the Wii for 5 years yet I could count the games I want for it on one hand, truly a complete failure of a console imo.
Channel4 38

Postby rbt2 » 01 Oct 2011, 21:27

a3HeadedMonkey wrote:Honestly, who still gives a f**k?

Flip Flop Flap!

That's what I see whencest (is thadda word? Akshooallie, is thadda word?) I ever read any of the old bollox that you spout!

Anyhoo, Ste, nice one, mate!

My Wii has been very little used in months but this will surely make all the barren months seem pointless soon.

Can't wait.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Kezwar » 03 Oct 2011, 12:15

ste hicky wrote:I'm more excited for this than for Skyrim or Halo, It looks like a true return to top form for the series.

Second that.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby Kezwar » 03 Oct 2011, 12:18

Channel4 wrote:Looks like i'll finally be buying a Wii just for this game. It's strange that i've ignored the Wii for 5 years yet I could count the games I want for it on one hand, truly a complete failure of a console imo.

Theres certainly not enough hardcore games on the system for sure, but I have about 10 top-notch games on the system. I'm content with that because the 360 and PS3 offer plenty in terms of hardcore games. Any Nintendo console is worth buying just for Zelda and Mario imo.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby BOBA21FETT » 29 Oct 2011, 15:21

This games gonna be off da hook!!
BOBA21FETT 22

Xbox Live: BOBA21FETT
PSN ID: BOBA21FETT