to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

F1 2011 video shows safety car, new rules

Your comments on our articles.

Developer diary no.4 whizzes in

Codemasters has sent over a new developer diary that shows off F1 2011's safety car and new rules.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby rivariad » 16 Sep 2011, 11:28

yea everythin looks cool, but still doesnt look good as Formula One Championship Edition, that game is freakin awesome still cant believe its a 2007 game
rivariad 46

Postby ingy » 16 Sep 2011, 11:29

The tyre degradation sounds great, but surely only if you have tyre wear switched on.

How many of you switched that on in the last title?
If you did, you would have noticed that it added a second or two to the lap times, and made a big difference to strategy, but like i said how many of you were even aware.
ingy 64

Re: F1 2011 video shows safety car, new rules

Postby Adam81uk » 16 Sep 2011, 12:25

ingy wrote:The tyre degradation sounds great, but surely only if you have tyre wear switched on.

If you did, you would have noticed that it added a second or two to the lap times, and made a big difference to strategy, but like i said how many of you were even aware.

I'd give people a little more credit, i'd be suprised if the vast majority of people weren't aware of it. People that buy an f1 game tend to be more of a hardcore bunch and so for someone to not check the settings in such a racing game would be very unusual. And for those that might not have been aware, rest assuered they would have been on the internet finding out just why the tyres were not degrading; its a huge part of f1 afterall.
Adam81uk 40

Re: F1 2011 video shows safety car, new rules

Postby sulli456 » 16 Sep 2011, 12:34

ingy wrote:The tyre degradation sounds great, but surely only if you have tyre wear switched on.

I had it on, i wanted damage, tire degredation, fuel the lot. So i didn't notice it added any time, it was on from the beginning

The safety car sounds cool, but if it is anything like 2010 i will never see it. I have done 1 and 3/4 seasons, and there is barely ever a DNF or a yellow flag, apart from for me when i spin off in to the gravel. I always am getting frustrated by the fact that no one is ever crashing. Hopefully with the addition of the safety car they have made the other drivers more prone to mistakes rather than AI that put in consistant laps that rarely change. I have heard they are more racey and more like opponents but that does not mean they will be making little mistakes that cause a massive crash. And when a front wing snaps off, how about it stays on the track for a bit, so i can actually get a puncture, Give the safety car a proper reason, so people avoid going over debris and so people can clean it off the track.
sulli456 47