Driver San Francisco

Your comments on our articles.

The wheel deal

Remember the hazy days of 1998? B*Witched had two UK No.1s. ITV's Airline was pretty much the most popular thing on the goggle box. And Godzilla was the third-highest grossing movie of the year.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Driver San Francisco

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 26 Aug 2011, 15:12

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! I'm a driver fan. finally my prayers have been answered. well kind of. it could do with out the the zany life on mars stuff but other than that. next friday can't come soon enough.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Re: Driver San Francisco

Postby ND1988 » 26 Aug 2011, 15:21

been playing both the demos for this game since they came out on xbox

TAG is sooo good, this demo has stopped me playing batman arkham asylum for the last week! cant wait till the second of sept!
ND1988 30

Postby ensabahnur » 26 Aug 2011, 15:29

I tried playing the demo a few times but could just not get into it, pity as i loved the first 2 games. Maybe one to stick on my Lovefilm list.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby Nod Nolan » 26 Aug 2011, 16:10

I hope the bank holiday doesn't scupper getting the game delivered on thursday 1st rather than release day.

It seems that the game is getting 8's across the board.
Nod Nolan 33

Postby steagz » 26 Aug 2011, 17:11

imagine if grand theft auto 5 came out and everything was completely different to what grand theft auto is supposed to be about. imagine we all play the demo and its unlike anything we have ever seen in a gta game before. things like we can get from 1 car to the other without haveing to even get out of the vehicle we are currently in. and the driveing section of the game is like crazy taxi crossed with burnout. and we all said we thought the new grand theft auto 5 demo was s**t because its nothing like a gta game is supposed to be. but then all these major game websites give review scores on it like 8/10 and we are all commenting saying how can it be rated so high when we have all played the demo and the demo was s**t. YER MAN LEAVES 40 QUID IN WALLET UNTILL SAINTS ROW THE 3RD COMES OUT
steagz 22

Postby Black Mantis » 26 Aug 2011, 17:42

I definitely was surprised at how good the demo was, so I'll be picking this up sooner or later.
Black Mantis 67

Postby pRM8 » 26 Aug 2011, 18:50

I was quite disappointed by the demo, maybe worth a punt but not until after the other games I have on pre-order.
Avoiding Destruction Since 1982...
The CVG Player strikes again!
pRM8 61

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 26 Aug 2011, 18:52

As a long time Driver fan I have to say having played the demo, it's finally killed the series good and proper for me. Driver for me was about raw driving and handling with the amazing film director mode giving you the ability to recreate or create all sorts of possible car chases. San Fran feels like a poor man's Burnout copy or something. Driver just isn't Driver when it contains coma super powers, arcadey handling and boost ability in every car, even if it's got some stupid new gimmick for an excuse. Maybe if they'd named it something original and cut the link in name to the classic series, I wouldn't be so annoyed but.. yeah, this has just killed it for me. I'm not having anything to do with this silly new direction. Won't stop Ubisoft throwing out the sequels building on this awful new mechanic though I bet :roll:
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby dannyhulse » 26 Aug 2011, 20:18

Demo dissapointed me big time, though judging by reviews so far, I have to question whether the Demo was a good representation of the full game.

Either way this game is comfortably in my "To Rent" list.
dannyhulse 47

Postby HOLLSTARFTW » 26 Aug 2011, 22:28

Demo wasn't wheely good.
Doubt it's worth £40
HOLLSTARFTW 12

PSN ID: HOLLSTARFTW
Steam: HOLLSTARFTW

Postby budge » 27 Aug 2011, 08:16

steagz wrote:imagine if grand theft auto 5 came out and everything was completely different to what grand theft auto is supposed to be about. imagine we all play the demo and its unlike anything we have ever seen in a gta game before. things like we can get from 1 car to the other without haveing to even get out of the vehicle we are currently in. and the driveing section of the game is like crazy taxi crossed with burnout. and we all said we thought the new grand theft auto 5 demo was s**t because its nothing like a gta game is supposed to be. but then all these major game websites give review scores on it like 8/10 and we are all commenting saying how can it be rated so high when we have all played the demo and the demo was s**t. YER MAN LEAVES 40 QUID IN WALLET UNTILL SAINTS ROW THE 3RD COMES OUT

A bit of a bizarre rant but yeah, i'll be skipping this and buying SR3 because i thought the Driver demo was a tad boring.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby Ali_ » 27 Aug 2011, 08:19

ND1988 wrote:been playing both the demos for this game since they came out on xbox

TAG is sooo good, this demo has stopped me playing batman arkham asylum for the last week! cant wait till the second of sept!

Same here. My only fear is that people won't "get" the multiplayer. There seem to be too many folk that refuse to give it a few tries and just condemn it from one quick go. But it's one of the most refreshing and downright fun online driving games in a very long time. Such a refreshing change from the cold sterility of GT and Forza.
Ali_ 58

Postby Sammy_bham » 27 Aug 2011, 12:09

Is anyone even aware that this was being released?

is anyone buying it?
"Life is a negotiation... we all WANT. So we give, to get what we want..." - Mordin Solus
Sammy_bham 38

Xbox Live: bale1986
PSN ID: sam4sonia

Postby nihilism » 27 Aug 2011, 18:40

didnt even mention 60 Frames Per Second which is quiet an achievement on consoles considering its an open world game.
nihilism 24

Postby humanhand » 27 Aug 2011, 18:46

Sammy_bham wrote:Is anyone even aware that this was being released?

is anyone buying it?

Unfortunately, I think it's a pass considering all of the massively good games coming out in the next 4 months.
Check it Out! Season 2 on tv NOW!

playing: Mortal Kombat PS3 and Vita, Max Payne 3, Resistance Burning Skies, Mario Tennis Open
gaming since between 1985 -1993 and 1999 - present
humanhand 46

Xbox Live: humanhand
PSN ID: humanhand
Wii Code: 5097 5406 0203 1031

Next