to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Steel Battalion Heavy Armour - Kinect's saviour: Buttons?

Your comments on our articles.

First look at Capcom's odd mech resurrection

How do you make a sequel to a game that famously required nearly 40 buttons, on a platform that doesn't have any?... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Steel Battalion Heavy Armour - Kinect's saviour: Buttons?

Postby T00Ns » 16 Aug 2011, 22:41

No,no,no,no,no this is just wrong,the original Steel Battalion was an awesome game.Having the 40 button controller &getting used to it made it all the better.Bring back the controller.
T00Ns 34

Re: Steel Battalion Heavy Armour - Kinect's saviour: Buttons

Postby horngreen » 17 Aug 2011, 01:38

Keep dreaming. That kind of risk will NEVER be taken again by a game company. They days of something like that are long over. It's a shame the original hasn't climbed in value as I have a mint version in a closet. :lol:
horngreen 51

Postby MrPirtniw » 17 Aug 2011, 04:07

Hmm- well at the very least it sounds interesting! Enjoyed the first 2 Steel Battalions and although I'm not won over by the generic looking realistic style- this could be pretty cool. The button pressing would have to be very accurate though- if you hit the eject button by accident I can imagine a lot of nerd rage going on across the country.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby totakeke » 17 Aug 2011, 10:46

Hm, not so sure about this. Steel Battalion is one of the two reasons my original xbox is still hooked up to the tv (Along with Deus Ex:Invisible War). Although it would be nice to be able to play without all the bulk of the controller on your lap, as well as the possiblity of different 'mechs having different cockpit arrangements, it'll be hard to beat the satisfaction of snapping those switches to activate the mech and the knowing nod you got when another gamer came round and saw your mech cockpit next to the telly.
totakeke 55

Xbox Live: Nanotramp
PSN ID: Nanotramp
Steam: sh3man278

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 18 Aug 2011, 16:06

I always wanted to play the orignial but couldn't justify shelling out the money for it. So i'm really looking forward to this. Any shot at a more involving kinect game are fine by me.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66