to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fallout: New Vegas 'Lonesome Road' DLC delayed

Your comments on our articles.

Pushed back to unspecified date due to "circumstances beyond our control", says Bethesda

Bethesda has delayed the release of Fallout: New Vegas' next DLC expansion entitled 'Lonesome Road'.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fallout: New Vegas 'Lonesome Road' DLC delayed

Postby Whiplash x360a » 10 Aug 2011, 22:22

Reason for delay? They're removing bugs that make it unplayable like Dead Money or Honest Hearts...
Accolades:
Whiplash x360a 35

Xbox Live: Whiplash x360a

Re: Fallout: New Vegas 'Lonesome Road' DLC delayed

Postby JJM-NUKE » 10 Aug 2011, 22:26

I really want this, it will add so much to the main story. Sad to see this news.
JJM-NUKE 36

Postby freds1 » 10 Aug 2011, 22:49

Inevitable, their DLC always is delayed. It's not surprising.

Though why did they put LR's achievements up on Steam then? Jumped the gun a bit there I think.
No need to be careful what you wish for, you probably won't get it.
freds1 55

Postby gmcb007 » 10 Aug 2011, 23:06

Absolutely no suprise there. The effectiveness and quality of New Vegas DLCs have been quite poor. I mean they even released a patch to fix a patch! I hope Obsidian are never given to chance to touch Fallout again after the mess they've caused. Seriously every time they announce a DLC you know no to get your hopes up because they always delay it.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 62

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby martez87 » 11 Aug 2011, 02:15

Since the latest patch, the game has been crashing every 5 minutes for me (On PC). It's unbearable, near enough every time I fast travel or enter a new cell it crashes. It wasn't even this bad last time I played it back in November. The worst thing is, I can't even rollback the update because its all automated through Steam. :cry:
martez87 7

Postby Cogglesz » 11 Aug 2011, 02:22

Got the new dlc Old World Blues, havn't tried it out yet but the past 2 dlcs have been alright with me (pc) though i do sometimes have a weird glitch that prevents it from loading a save, must be some mod problems.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 58

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby freds1 » 11 Aug 2011, 03:02

martez87 wrote:Since the latest patch, the game has been crashing every 5 minutes for me (On PC). It's unbearable, near enough every time I fast travel or enter a new cell it crashes. It wasn't even this bad last time I played it back in November. The worst thing is, I can't even rollback the update because its all automated through Steam. :cry:

I know what you mean, it's not quite every 5 minutes but for me after a certain amount of time has elapsed it's usually going from inside to outside locations and it'll crash pretty much gauranteed. So I have to quick save every time before I go outside. It was never that bad before the latest update, and using the same mods. And that's another problem with Steams automatic updates, you can't pick and choose the ones you want if you have problems with the latest. Not a fan of that.

To be honest, after I've bought and finished LR to finish the story I'm done with New Vegas for good. Then it's hello Skyrim.
No need to be careful what you wish for, you probably won't get it.
freds1 55

Postby GTCzeero » 11 Aug 2011, 09:21

Every Obsidian project needs a publisher brave enough to lock the doors to the building, not letting the development staff out until they promise to fix all of the most glaring bugs in the game.

I mean, I know this generation is bad for developers not fixing or even finishing games before they release them, but Obsidian (and to a lesser extent, Bethesda) are something else entirely.
GTCzeero 30

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 11 Aug 2011, 13:08

It's just one big fat glitch.

Currently own: PS4, PS3, PS2, Vita, Wii, Xbox 360, NES, SNES, Megadrive
KK-Headcharge78 60

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881