to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Namco Bandai responds to Pac-Man perma-save outburst

Your comments on our articles.

Says it would take average gamers a long time to max out the bundle's offerings

Namco Bandai has sought to calm the fan flames over its decision to include the same permanent save feature into Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions that had Resident Evil: The Mercenaries fans foaming at the mouth.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Imaduck » 31 Jul 2011, 20:45

Wow, how f**king stupid can you get? Ubisoft hasn't done something immensely moronic in about 24 hours now, expect an update soon.
Imaduck 58

Postby jays club » 31 Jul 2011, 20:47

i was wondering what happens if you put amagnet on the cart wouldn't that remove the save data?
jays club 40

Xbox Live: jays club

Re: Namco Bandai responds to Pac-Man perma-save outburst

Postby Windowlicker79 » 31 Jul 2011, 21:27

jays club wrote:i was wondering what happens if you put amagnet on the cart wouldn't that remove the save data?

No.
Windowlicker79 55

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Postby rbt2 » 31 Jul 2011, 21:40

jays club wrote:i was wondering what happens if you put amagnet on the cart wouldn't that remove the save data?

Who gives a s**t?
No-one's gonna buy it anyway.
Well not me, at least!
I've bought Pac Man in most of it's iterations in some form or t'other and I've had a f**king gutful of it!!!!!
f**k off, Pacman.
You pill chomping f**k pig!
Your day is over.
You greedy c**t.
That is all.
I read you every day.
Fin.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Noobsaibot » 01 Aug 2011, 00:29

Your as likely to wipe game code as much as the save file. If it's even possible. Nothing drives even retailers to "unauthorized third party" reverse engineering devices quite like the perma-save decision.
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby The_Jaster » 01 Aug 2011, 01:29

If you are buying any non story driven game Brand new that has this perma-save function then it isn't a big deal & to anyone who didn't buy Resi Mercs because of the same perma-save issue then its a real shame cos you missed out on one 3DS's best games.................some have been moaning for more great games they get given some then they find something else to nitpick at. *shakes head*
"who gives a f**k about an Oxford comma" certainly not saswatch
The_Jaster 61

PSN ID: Shaolin_Jaster
Wii Code: 5818-5057-5763-4098
Steam: ShaolinJaster
xFire: 3DS FC: 4081- 5482 - 6750

Postby zelamy » 01 Aug 2011, 09:23

i wonder if shoving the game sideways up the president of namco's arse would reset the save.

probably not, but don't let that stop anybody.

and don't forget the case. :twisted:
zelamy 27

Postby liveswired » 01 Aug 2011, 16:21

No offence folks, but this game looks nothing more than shovelware, should've been an eShop release - I don't really care if it's perma-save or not. It's a perma-no-buy for me. :lol:
^_* ^_^
liveswired 50

PSN ID: liveswired
Wii Code: 3DS 4081-5530-7050
Steam: liveswired

Postby PMIKE5 » 01 Aug 2011, 20:44

Strange that companies like BioWare thrive on making games that rely on you playing it from the beginning again and again yet Bandai go for this strategy. While it's a clever stategy, it's only going to make gamers go to the pirates even more so.

Remember when Channel 4 had that hit TV show Lost? Well, Lost was doing so well that they were asking Channel 4 for too much money. So, Channel 4 sold it to Sky. Now while some people shelled out for the Sky dish to watch their favourite show, others discovered that they can get their favourite show online for the same amount of money they were paying channel 4 to show their favourite show. Nothing.

It was a clever stategy initially, but now those people who wouldn't normally pirate their favourite TV show do it all the time to all of their favourite shows, killing off the need to watch tv and play with their PCs.

If you're going to get clever, the public are going to find a practical and easy solution to the problem that will not only loop hole your clever scheme, it'll eventually kill your buisness.

Bandai, you have been warned.
My artwork. Hope you like it :)
My kindle comics
PMIKE5 46