Pandora's Tower

Your comments on our articles.

Enough to turn you vegan

So you're having a bit of a public party and everyone's having a lovely time, but then monsters bust the place up. Annoying. Should you go home and have an early night, or will you take off with a random stranger and a manky old dwarf with glowing eyes who carries a skeleton on his back? A skeleton in a cooking pot.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Pandora's Tower

Postby Fr33Kye » 09 Jul 2011, 20:39

I'll admit i only skimmed the review, but it sounds like a game that would have been better on ps3.
Fr33Kye 71

Re: Pandora's Tower

Postby Nitramuse » 09 Jul 2011, 21:18

Fr33Kye wrote:I'll admit i only skimmed the review, but it sounds like a game that would have been better on ps3.

Agreed. Or X360 for that matter. I wonder why developers are choosing to release such -potentionally good games- to a kid and grandma infested console...I can't imagine this will sell well...Could be wrong, though...
3DS Friendcode: 1805-2153-7566
Nitramuse 43

Postby TechnoWolf » 09 Jul 2011, 22:00

Nitramuse wrote:
Fr33Kye wrote:I'll admit i only skimmed the review, but it sounds like a game that would have been better on ps3.

Agreed. Or X360 for that matter. I wonder why developers are choosing to release such -potentionally good games- to a kid and grandma infested console...I can't imagine this will sell well...Could be wrong, though...

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Kill.

The game is made by Nintendo btw.
TechnoWolf 61

Postby Fr33Kye » 09 Jul 2011, 22:02

Yea it's published by nintendo. Which is a shame because it could be a better game if it was on ps3 and 360 with move support. I'm sure square or sony would publish a game like this.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby charliecheswick » 09 Jul 2011, 23:18

Looks like your secret is out dude! :lol:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/studi ... 27294.html
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby Fr33Kye » 09 Jul 2011, 23:35

Haha WHAT?! O_o I am impressed and confused. I've watched it 8 or 9 times. Still confused.

Have people discovered....no..it can't be...
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Balladeer » 10 Jul 2011, 08:33

Okay, so this wasn't great, but why exactly would this have been better on another console? I imagine it would have got 71% whatever it was released for. And the Wii is fast becoming the home of such mad Japanese curios as this.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby AJDarkstar » 10 Jul 2011, 10:01

I do so love the sound of Wii-hating PS3/360 fanboys lamentations that there are actually decent games on the Wii after all, they just can't admit it. Mega LOL!
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby Balladeer » 10 Jul 2011, 10:50

That I would understand (and ridicule). But this wasn't a great game. Read the review and you'll see that it had some pretty crippling flaws. So why people think it would instantly improve on an HD console bewilders me.

Balladeer 78

Postby charliecheswick » 10 Jul 2011, 14:09

Oh lord. Ferkin' Polish beer. Seemed a good idea at the time! :D

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/commu ... 4143b.html
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby Yellow6 » 10 Jul 2011, 15:05

Nitramuse wrote:I wonder why developers are choosing to release such -potentionally good games- to a kid and grandma infested console...I can't imagine this will sell well...Could be wrong, though...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love your use of "infested" :D

You gotta help me!
What's wrong?
I have an infestation of Grandma's!
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Yellow6 46

Postby Fr33Kye » 10 Jul 2011, 16:27

I think it would be better on the ps3 and 360 because the art style is something better lends itself to more power. It would simply look better. It also seems that the game really needs two analogs for the camera mess, with move being optional. Two of the negative points are framerate is never all that good and combat deserves a better engine. I don't think either of those would be their on a ps3/360.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Balladeer » 11 Jul 2011, 08:15

That... is actually entirely fair.

I will pick you up on one thing, though. I don't know how the controls work, but either the chain should be effectively controlled by the Wiimote or they should have used the Classic Controller for that second analogue stick. There's nothing worse than developers just using the 'Mote and 'Chuk for the sake of it. Your other points are valid.

Balladeer 78

Postby Fr33Kye » 12 Jul 2011, 05:43

WOOO!! AGREEMENT! Yea although people say that if this motion control or other control methods arent standard, they wont be supported, but i dont think that's a bad thing. If they are standard then developers will feel pressured to use the features, and i truly believe that if it doesn't add to a game it takes away from it. So while keeping them optional may mean a slow burn(Move), it also means that games that would be negstively affected by motion or touch wont use them. This is why the new emphasis on using motion or touch screens to do what is already being done is worrying. Because gamers who are satisfied with that free publishers from any responsibility to actually change their games. Gamers hold lots of power so if they buy the same types of games with just a novel control scheme that's what we will get. So potentially great games may be weakened by utilizing a control scheme and innovation will be meaningless. It's even more worrying that nintendo are at the helm.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Fr33Kye » 12 Jul 2011, 06:00

Sorry for the double post but there is a character limit. Hence no paragraphs.
Nintendo are more likely to use the controller to do the same thing under the guise of innovation. They may find a new way to play mario kart, but it's still mario kart, they may use it for zelda, but link will still go through dungeon's to find items to progress( or however it works). At the end of the day mario will be mario, zelda will be zelda, and mario kart will be annoying. We'll see what becomes of the collaborations with 3rd party. I hate to keep harping on this, i feel lile yahtzee. Idont hate the idea of motion control at all, or a touch screen( sooo many motion control ideas), but does it really matter if tale of two cities is written on the side of a moving horse?

I just cant stop talking about that.
Fr33Kye 71

Next