The First Templar

Your comments on our articles.

Quest for the Holy fail

We're staring into the cold, dead eyes of a French noble lady. As her fish-lips flap, her phoned-in speech flows from the TV speakers, and she stares disinterestedly over the right shoulder of our hero. We forget his name. Were we ever told?... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The First Templar

Postby orgasmatron » 25 Jun 2011, 19:29

You were too kind with the review. It was a 0. It sucked. Trying to be assassins creed because the story in ac is against the bible and then the religious suckers want to give a game about a quest of a thing that don't even exists and never had. The religions brainwashes people and the people can't see it.
orgasmatron 31

Re: The First Templar

Postby solamon77 » 26 Jun 2011, 01:55

This game in no way tried to be Assassins Creed. I would like to remind everyone that they don't hold the copyright to the Knights Templar.

With that said, I have to say this game isn't actually all that bad. My wife and I played it split-screen and had a pretty good time.It's not extraordinary by any means, but it's not broken. As was mentioned, it only had a fraction of the budget of AAA titles and therefore shouldn't be judged against them. I wonder if the reviewer played much of this game before reviewing. A couple things said in the review make me suspect not.
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby Yellow6 » 26 Jun 2011, 06:22

solamon77 wrote:This game in no way tried to be Assassins Creed. I would like to remind everyone that they don't hold the copyright to the Knights Templar.

Ssshhhhh, don't give them ideas :lol:

solamon77 wrote:With that said, I have to say this game isn't actually all that bad. My wife and I played it split-screen and had a pretty good time.It's not extraordinary by any means, but it's not broken. As was mentioned, it only had a fraction of the budget of AAA titles and therefore shouldn't be judged against them. I wonder if the reviewer played much of this game before reviewing. A couple things said in the review make me suspect not.

A reviewer not playing much of a game he's reviewing?
On this site?
Surely not!
.....Where's my emoticon for heavy sarcasm?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Yellow6 46

Postby Ominous » 26 Jun 2011, 12:34

The studio ( Haemimont Games ) are Bulgarians. We are not even catholics in Bulgaria. We're orthodox, and we even fought agains one of the crusades' armies, who were pilaging and generally f**king up the country back in the middle ages. So I highly doubt the game was intended as a catholic and crusader glorification. I guess it was intended to bank on the popular themes of the day, though ( knights and medieval themes in general ). That being said, the developer has almost ONLY got games set in medieval or fantasy settings, so that's their "strength".
Being the first action 3d game for them I'd say it doesn't look that bad. Also other sites have given it an average grade.
I'm not trying to say the game is good and you should buy it, I'm just saying it's your choice whether to do or not, and some crazy conspiracy theories are just silly given some background. Just for the record, I think the review ( although very negative ), if read between the lines, gives a good idea of the game.
Ominous 23