to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

First Hitman Absolution gameplay leaked

Your comments on our articles.

Check out Agent 47's latest

The first bit of Hitman Absolution gameplay has leaked online.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Jun 2011, 15:46

Has Sam Fisher shaved his head? It kinda looked like Conviction at times. Luckily I loved Conviction... Anyway- new Hitman- Wooooo!
Last edited by MrPirtniw on 10 Jun 2011, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Wakacha » 10 Jun 2011, 15:47

Oh no. They've turned it into Splinter Cell Conviction!
"If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport." - Anonymous
Wakacha 48

Postby Sleepaphobic » 10 Jun 2011, 15:53

Let me guess. They need a broader audience right?
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Re: First Hitman Absolution gameplay leaked

Postby gmcb007 » 10 Jun 2011, 15:53

Pros:

• AI looks more realistic
  • Furniture and enviromental items look like they can be interacted with to be used as weapons.
  • Looks brillant in the visual department

Cons:

• That enemy indicator looks like something out of Conviction, feels out of place.
  • Hostage scene, hopefully there is no levels were you are forced to go guns blazing.

Still can't wait to see proper gameplay. Its a shame and a suprise there was no demo at E3.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 10 Jun 2011, 16:02

It looks like someone modded Blood Money at times. I don't quite know what to say really. The gameplay mechanics look like they'll work but it certainly has that forced to be seen look about it. If segments like the helicopter part from the E3 walkthrough that people saw aren't forced on us on a load of levels then it'll be fine but... yeah, they've turned this into Conviction sadly. I'd much prefer IO just come out and show us the proper walkthrough that only invitees saw, otherwise I am just going to go with the assumption that they didn't want fans to bitch and moan at the change.

Overall they've changed it unnecessarily much to my hate, but I was expecting a lot worse to be done.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby dragonjim » 10 Jun 2011, 16:40

It looks like the training mission to me. Anyway if it was just the same as blood money it wouldn't be a sequel.
dragonjim 31

Postby FlimFlam » 10 Jun 2011, 16:56

I must be the only person who liked Conviction the way it is apparently slated by everyone...

Options, options, options. Isn't that what Hitman is about? I understand there is a certain satisfaction in executing the perfect hit and getting away without suspicion, and it is doubtful IO have forgotten that. But Agent 47 is also, first and foremost, a total badass. If things do go wrong, you would expect him to bust out some killing.

The level shown I would wager is the opening scene or some other 'canned' part of the story where you have to act in a certain way because the situation demands it i.e. if you are trapped in a building and the cops know you are there and are searching in numbers, then a different approach to 'disguising yourself as a clown and dropping an air conditioning unit on someone' will be needed. I think if he is trapped, 47 would and should be able to go hardcore and get himself out of there in a flurry of extreme violence.

I have extremely high hopes for this and honestly believe IO would not abandon the kind of situations and gameplay that fans of the series hold so dear.

Also, visually I think it looks stunning.
FlimFlam 42

Postby AJB123644 » 10 Jun 2011, 21:39

gmcb007 wrote:Cons:

• That enemy indicator looks like something out of Conviction, feels out of place.
  • Hostage scene, hopefully there is no levels were you are forced to go guns blazing.

Yes, they can get rid of that enemy indicator for a start. It doesn't look bad from the footage however it shows very very little.

The only other thing though is the animation of picking up that statue head, he didn't move! How can it appear in his hand just like that and then perform a beautiful kill with it straight after. Perhaps this is early game footage.
AJ

Blog - www.ajb123644.blogspot.com

AJB123644 46

Postby BLARRG » 11 Jun 2011, 10:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VY_mIK ... re=related
Hitman Absolution Developer Interview & gameplay footage
Master System, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Wii, X360, PS3, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS

currently playing: GTAV, bravely default , Pokémon Y
BLARRG 45

Postby gmcb007 » 11 Jun 2011, 14:53

BLARRG wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VY_mIK3B4&feature=related
Hitman Absolution Developer Interview & gameplay footage

Thanks! Much better quality.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby WingZeroSys » 11 Jun 2011, 22:27

Why the hell have they removed newspaper clippings? They were pretty cool to read in the previous games.

So this is going to be a "My First" Hitman game? Meaning they've toned it down for newcomers just like Splinter Cell.

Why can't devs leave things well alone, why keep toning games down so it appeals to more people, oh it's because money talks.

Thankfully we have games like Demon's/Dark Souls for challenging/old school type games, this generation of gamers is getting worse, they're ruining our franchises.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 50

Postby kreemi » 13 Jun 2011, 10:09

WingZeroSys wrote:Why can't devs leave things well alone, why keep toning games down so it appeals to more people, oh it's because money talks.

No, its 'cause money makes good looking games. the man said i himself, they're broadening the difficulty not making Silent assassin easier..

I just wish they'd leave the 2D map in there. was a vital part of planning and execution. Other than that it looks sexy as hell!
kreemi 31

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 19 Jun 2011, 01:47

I have just read that... David Bateson will not be voicing 47 (apparently he hasn't even received a phonecall to let him know, pretty much explains why Bateson was quickly hushed when he blabbed about the game bringing big things) and Jesper Kyd will not be doing the soundtrack for the game.

This news confirmed by IO themselves, along with seeing that early gameplay, has pretty much put the chances of me buying this game down to 1%. Thank you IO, thank you Square Enix. You have gone and changed this series, in my opinion and a lot of Hitman fans, for the worst.

Now all I have to do is get disappointed with Thief 4 changing direction (and maybe even get disappointed with Deus Ex HR not being all that good).
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx