to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Microsoft hasn't signed new Alan Wake project

Your comments on our articles.

But MS games boss would like to work with Remedy again in the future

Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer has said it hasn't given the go ahead to Remedy on any new Xbox 360 Alan Wake related projects.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Microsoft hasn't signed new Alan Wake project

Postby StonecoldMC » 10 Jun 2011, 10:42

Jebus H Fecking Christ MS :evil: !!!

Get them signed up pronto!

Perhaps the reason it didnt sell like as expected is that you didnt bloody market the Game?! Ok, the Bright Falls web series was one of the best tie ins to a Game that Ive ever seen (true!), but where were the TV adverts? Releasing it around the same time as Red Dead, which was never off the bloody TV wouldnt have helped either.

I mean, Ive seen countless TV spots for COD bloody map packs, but you cant advertise an actual Game that you are publishing :shock: ?

Maybe its all a ruse and its going to get announced at GamesCon*?

Wake me up when this nightmares over :wink: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Re: Microsoft hasn't signed new Alan Wake project

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jun 2011, 10:55

microsoft doesn't gamble. especially with exotic games like this.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby TykerD3 » 10 Jun 2011, 11:00

It sold over 1 Million Grasshopper. So a sequel/prequel would do well. Shame that MS are getting all Softcore these days. Where is there new ips, new exclusives and daring to release sequels to decent games (like Alan Wake). MS have really annoyed me this E3.
Xbox Live Tag: Knifey McStab
Blowing Goats since 1978
TykerD3 54

Xbox Live: SteampunkZomb1e

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jun 2011, 11:07

1 million for a 5 year development cycle... not good enough is it. :wink:

COD map packs sell more than that.

you give them an exclusive and you get the cold shoulder. no way to be treated.

get sony on the horn.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby StonecoldMC » 10 Jun 2011, 11:23

svd_grasshopper wrote:1 million for a 5 year development cycle... not good enough is it. :wink:

COD map packs sell more than that.

you give them an exclusive and you get the cold shoulder. no way to be treated.

get sony on the horn.

If this were a Team from Ubisoft, Take Two or EA where there are literally hundreds and hundreds of people working on the Game, then yes it would be a problem. Remedy throughout the whole Wake developement never went over 60 staff. Mattias has already said that they were happy with the number that Wake sold, although they would of course have loved it to do Halo or COD numbers but that was never going to happen with the genre there were after.

I liken Wake to the original Dead Space (which also sold just over a million about a year after release), brilliant but flawed. I really do believe that Remedy given the opporrtunity could fix all of the little niggles that hampered Wake and give it a real boost, a la Dead Space to Dead Space 2 or Uncharted to Uncharted 2.

Im still confident that well see what happens next in the Wake saga, who knows what platforms its going to appear on though (although my gut feeling still says MS)?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby ingy » 10 Jun 2011, 11:31

Marketing was poor on this game, many people i know passed up on this through ignorance of the title, i almost missed it myself, glad i took the plunge though, it's a great game, it's kind of got an old school feel about it, which is great, no dual wielding or jet packs or needless leveling, no laser weapons and no day/night cycle that changes every 5 mins of gameplay....phew i'm done...anyway, please give us more asap.
ingy 63

Postby jtthegame » 10 Jun 2011, 11:32

i hope there does be another alan wake game. anyone with a 360 that don't have it should get it
jtthegame 35

Postby plightstar » 10 Jun 2011, 12:06

I hope someone picks up the series and makes a sequel or at least something that finishes the story. Just finished both DLC's and was left wanting more.
plightstar 34

Xbox Live: PLIGHTSTAR1
Steam: plightstar

Postby kmcroc » 10 Jun 2011, 12:16

@Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer WTF are you waiting to sign them to an exclusive partnership W/ MS/Xbox, please tell us your not going to let them leave like you did all the other developers that worked with MSG . enough already sign them .
kmcroc 39

Postby Imaduck » 10 Jun 2011, 15:27

"You! Get it doooone!"

f**k sake MS you lazy bastards!
Imaduck 58

Postby sweatyBallacks » 10 Jun 2011, 15:34

It ain't got much scope for Kinect, so its been jettisoned by MS.

All future MS exclusives will feature heavy Kinect implementation. Time to sell those Xboxes.
sweatyBallacks 45

Postby Black Mantis » 10 Jun 2011, 16:59

Isn't Peter Molyneux the guy to ask? He was put in charge of Microsoft's Europe division, or something like that. I remember him being quite vocal about Rare at the time. Anyway, we know from job listings that they have something in the works for 360, I just hope it's AW2.
Black Mantis 67

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 11 Jun 2011, 07:15

Imo along with halo 3, uncharted and oblivion Alan wake is one of the best games of the entire generation, I bloody loved every minute of it and pray for a second title in the series!
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby Yellow6 » 11 Jun 2011, 16:15

ingy wrote:Marketing was poor on this game, many people i know passed up on this through ignorance of the title, i almost missed it myself, glad i took the plunge though, it's a great game, it's kind of got an old school feel about it, which is great, no dual wielding or jet packs or needless leveling, no laser weapons and no day/night cycle that changes every 5 mins of gameplay....phew i'm done...anyway, please give us more asap.

Well said :)
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Yellow6 46

Postby verynaughtyboy » 11 Jun 2011, 17:03

TykerD3 wrote:It sold over 1 Million Grasshopper. So a sequel/prequel would do well. Shame that MS are getting all Softcore these days. Where is there new ips, new exclusives and daring to release sequels to decent games (like Alan Wake). MS have really annoyed me this E3.

I am worried about this very same thing. Where are the first-party developed core games? Doesn't seem that Microsoft are catering to the core market very well but instead are allowing the third-party developers to do this for them but of course these games are multi-platform. One recent core first-party game was Crackdown 2 and that suffered because Microsoft didn't invest in it enough and only permitted a short development period.

Compare this to Sony. I am looking forward to The Last Guardian, Starhawk and Uncharted 3 to just name a few and God only knows what Sony have yet to announce.

Microsoft... please invest in an Alan Wake sequel and some more core first-party titles.
I spend all my money on Games and Consoles. Any left over I just waste.
verynaughtyboy 41

Next