to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Brothers In Arms: Furious 4 screens splatter the screen

Your comments on our articles.

Chainsaws, axes and jetpacks

Ubisoft's sent over ten screenshots for Brothers In Arms: Furious Four.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby roguezink » 09 Jun 2011, 17:36

On My God. These screens want to make me cry for what they look to have done with this franchise. It looks awful. Punch and Judy character likenesses and i think that's Bluto from Popeye fame...
roguezink 47

Postby aawells07 » 09 Jun 2011, 17:38

This and Call of Juarez have really surprised me by how far they are straying from what they originally were.
aawells07 43

Xbox Live: AAWELLS09
PSN ID: AAWELLS09
Steam: Exiled Torment

Re: Brothers In Arms: Furious 4 screens splatter the screen

Postby DoomGuy84 » 09 Jun 2011, 17:57

If this is a proper BIA game and not just some crappy spinoff then iam both amazed and pretty disgusted. How can they go from the old BIA games that got so much praise for their realism and attention to detal to something that looks like a House of the Dead or Left 4 Dead rip-off? I think the whole BIA community just started preparing for its funeral....
DoomGuy84 30

Postby MJ-Thriller94 » 09 Jun 2011, 17:59

I really enjoyed the Brothers in Arms series. But now, given these screenshots, it is another lost series in gaming. R.I.P Brothers in Arms :(
Currently playing: Crysis 3, The Godfather, Bioshock Infinite, Fifa 13
MJ-Thriller94 49

Xbox Live: bigbrain303
PSN ID: MJ-Thriller94

Postby gmcb007 » 09 Jun 2011, 18:06

I never play BIA before but I feel sorry for any devout fans who have basically been given the finger. This is really bizare that they pulled this move.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby DoomGuy84 » 09 Jun 2011, 18:21

I was really looking forward to the next game aswell. If they wanted to take the series 'in a new direction' then why not try a different setting? Vietnam? Iraq or Afghanistan? (ala Medal of Honor, not real life battles to avoid the criticism). Anything but this insult :evil:
DoomGuy84 30

Postby Drusus » 09 Jun 2011, 18:28

I've been with Baker company since the start of World War 2. Their story gripped me and never failed to tug my heart strings an keep me on the edge of my seat. One of the best story lines in any game series to date.

E3 came around and I saw this trailer, my heart sank.

Don't get me wrong, to do this kind of 'oh ain't war furrrrnnny!' kind of game doesn't offend me. Soldiers fought and died so we'd have the right to make things as silly as this free from persecution and censorship. To build a game series on the back of respect to them, to sell it as a monument to their struggle, as a reminder of what was gained and lost by those brave few and then to have the cheek to use that name to sell a game like this, that's when I have a problem.

Take the Brothers in Arms name off this game Ubisoft. If there's an ounce of decency in you, take it off and sell this game for what it is, a new game, a fun war romp, not a Brothers in Arms cash in that spews on its routes and fans.

I'll see the rest of you in every single thread that advertises this game until they take off the BIA name, so I'll be seeing you a lot unless I get kicked for fear of losing Ubisoft advertising.
Drusus 58

Postby Reanimation » 09 Jun 2011, 18:34

I might be the only one but am looking forward to seeing more of this game i think it could be heaps of fun but i just wished they had called Furious 4 instead of adding the BIA name, Which make no sense in my eyes
Reanimation 30
New user

Postby Drusus » 09 Jun 2011, 18:43

Reanimation wrote:I might be the only one but am looking forward to seeing more of this game i think it could be heaps of fun but i just wished they had called Furious 4 instead of adding the BIA name, Which make no sense in my eyes

I know right, that's the thing I just can't wrap my head around, it looks like Team Fortress 2 meets Left 4 Dead and that sounds stupidly fun to play, why annoy people by slapping a name on it that stands for gritty realism.

What's the difference between people fighting and dying to liberate your country and the village people?

Ubisoft sees no difference.
Drusus 58

Postby KMakawa » 09 Jun 2011, 19:12

This isnt a true BIA game guys, it is a spinoff just as much as Bad Company series is to Battlefield.
Its only using the nameplate.

To be honest, it looks rather interesting -- and im sure the serious BIA will be returning soon too.
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 64
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby davemerritt » 09 Jun 2011, 19:14

What an insult to the BIA name. Just call it the bleddy furious 4 and let it be the stupid and fun shooter that it will likely be.
davemerritt 24

Postby corkscru74 » 09 Jun 2011, 21:08

It's not that surprising really. Realism was a big selling point a few years back and lost of people jumped on the bandwagon creating a glut of similar games. Now developers are going the other route to try and differentiate themselves. Shortly you wont be able to move without bumping into a kerazy, bonkers, look-at-how-mental-we-are shooter.

I did love the first BIA, the simple squad controls, the attention to detail. But it was only a matter of time *sigh*
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Postby PandyBear » 09 Jun 2011, 23:50

Wtf is this s**t, and how do i delete it from existence? D:<
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear

Postby JC 88 » 10 Jun 2011, 01:26

Furious Four? What happend to Baker and his crew?
JC 88 3
New user

Postby MPH » 10 Jun 2011, 13:51

I love the BIA games. I'm going to go against the grain here and say I actually like the look of this. It looks like a total spin off and bat s**t crazy to boot.
MPH 54