to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

DmC: First gameplay trailer, new screens

Your comments on our articles.

Capcom delivers its E3 goods

Capcom has released the first ever gameplay trailer for Ninja Theory's DmC, a reboot of Devil May Cry that takes the series in a new direction.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

DmC: First gameplay trailer, new screens

Postby StokedUp » 07 Jun 2011, 20:41

I dont know if its because im currently re playing through Bayonetta but that trailer didnt look all that impressive, but Bayonetta is the best "hack n Slash" game out there (yes i do like it better than god of war 3).

But i will keep my eye on it because i do have faith in Ninja Theory.
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Re: DmC: First gameplay trailer, new screens

Postby mogel94 » 07 Jun 2011, 20:55

Looks interesting. I also don't mind the new look Dante that everyone got in a hissy over; but I supose thats because I never took any interest in the original DMC series.
mogel94 43

Xbox Live: SoggySage
PSN ID: Iski94I

Postby tekplyrx » 07 Jun 2011, 21:04

StokedUp wrote:I dont know if its because im currently re playing through Bayonetta but that trailer didnt look all that impressive, but Bayonetta is the best "hack n Slash" game out there (yes i do like it better than god of war 3).

But i will keep my eye on it because i do have faith in Ninja Theory.

Amen and +1 to the Bayonetta comment! best hack 'n' slash ever!!!

As to this well after playing all previous four parts, let's just say i've lost interest in devil may cry with this one.. cos no matter what bullshit they spit, the fact is Dante's ORIGINAL look contributed ALOT to the overall over the top action theme of devil may cry.. this wannabe here simply just doesn't.
tekplyrx 39

Postby RustySpoon80 » 07 Jun 2011, 21:44

What is it with reboots? If the original game is rubbish then maybe. But DMC has been pretty decent over the years.
Also, why does Dante's hair change white half way thru? Do we get classic Dante in there?
RustySpoon80 55

Postby sonic_uk » 07 Jun 2011, 21:47

If it plays anything like the other Dmc games I'm in, although everyone knows Ninja Gaiden is the best hack n' slash!
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby Riley_Freeman » 07 Jun 2011, 22:02

Dude looks like he hasn't eaten for days. :roll:
Riley_Freeman 36

Postby zombiesinmyhead » 08 Jun 2011, 09:40

Messages written in blood begin to seep through the walls and tell him 'their city is an illusion' and advise Dante not to accept the world as it is.

Ha! Emo poems anyone? I see they've given him a short back and sides now though. Looks a bit tougher that that floppy fringe look he had going on last time we saw him. I smell a hint of compromise.
"A widespread investigation of funeral homes, morgues, and hospitals has concluded that the unburied dead have been returning to life and seeking human victims. It's hard for us here to be reporting this to you, but it does seem to be a fact."
zombiesinmyhead 46