to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hitman: Absolution - First screens, trailer, details

Your comments on our articles.

E3 previews go live for IO revival

The curtain surrounding Hitman: Absolution has been drawn back even more with a triple threat of screens, footage and details finally being set free.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 07 Jun 2011, 15:16

Hmm hopefully this CG trailer is indicative of what the actual gameplay will include, such as the close quarters takedowns. One thing I always thought would have been a nice inclusion is 47's hand to hand skills. I am... pleasantly surprised as I was having doubts with the slow release of game details talking about having a more movie like storytelling idea and shoving in celeb voice actors

...but it is still only a CG trailer. I want to just be shown the gameplay and put me out of my misery with doubts that this is another series that will be royally raped for the benefit of getting more sales.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby svd_grasshopper » 07 Jun 2011, 15:18

they said they have made it more 'accessible' :(

AKA dumbed down. big shame, the toughness of this game was always what made it great.

i am imagining prompts and other intrusive shite. shame on them.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Re: Hitman: Absolution - First screens, trailer, details

Postby gmcb007 » 07 Jun 2011, 15:21

I hope that fighting was just added for the effect of the trailer. I want the good ol' open map and various ways to kill the bugger. Pleas IO don't pull the splinter cell conviction stunt.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Dylaz97 » 07 Jun 2011, 16:18

That trailer looks great I really hope they implement the hand to hand combat, and is it just me or did that woman sound like Diana? But anyway this looks amazing and I can't wait for it's release!(let's just hope they don't screw up and do what they did to Splinter Cell)
Dylaz97 4
New user

Xbox Live: The Digital Dog
PSN ID: Dylaz97

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 07 Jun 2011, 17:03

Dylaz97 wrote:That trailer looks great I really hope they implement the hand to hand combat, and is it just me or did that woman sound like Diana? But anyway this looks amazing and I can't wait for it's release!(let's just hope they don't screw up and do what they did to Splinter Cell)

Could hardly hear her to be honest but Diana is pretty much the only woman to know 47 with the exception of Mei Ling. Aaaand Diana Burnwood's voice actress has apparently been replaced with someone who's acting credits aren't exactly up there on the golden list of theatre and film, along with a bunch of other so called actors apparently.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Sleepaphobic » 07 Jun 2011, 17:21

OK was that Diana? WTF?

Not gonna lie that looked ridiculously badass but the greatness of the game was when you got in and out without anybody knowing.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby twistedfiend » 07 Jun 2011, 17:58

And all because the lady loves Milk Tray . . .
360 - Dreddnought
PS3 - Chillax666
Steam - Dreddnought
twistedfiend 43

Postby Houdini Splicer » 07 Jun 2011, 18:17

I hope they don't dumb it down at all, i do think that is Diana, she knows it's 47, the voice is similar and you don't see her face.
Houdini Splicer 30

Postby sulli456 » 07 Jun 2011, 18:24

gmcb007 wrote:I hope that fighting was just added for the effect of the trailer. I want the good ol' open map and various ways to kill the bugger. Pleas IO don't pull the splinter cell conviction stunt.

Personally i dont, i want some hand to hand, i always got frustrated with the old hand to hand clumsy punch when sneaking around and coming face to face with someone, i dont mean for them to make it primary i still want the other options but this one to be implemented as well. So you can do some swish hand to hand combat, if needed. But so there is still the option to sneak in and set up a trap to kill the target.

Also watching that trailer where the head was being dunked in water it made me want an interogation technique so you can find out where you target is and what they are doing or their routines. Just to add to the feeling so you can better plan.
sulli456 47

Postby PseudoDuck » 07 Jun 2011, 19:26

Yeah, I hope there's at least some form of close quarters takedown - 47 is an expert assassin and should know plenty of hand to hand combat. It's one thing that's always annoyed me in the games.

Obviously, you should still be penalised - because Hitman is about killing no one but the target, and getting there without being spotted - but sometimes it's nice to go all Rambo in a level and see if you can kill everyone.
PseudoDuck 35

Postby runadumb » 07 Jun 2011, 22:26

If they have turned 47 into bourne I'm well up for that! Re-playing through blood money the last week, damn it's good. Although 47 is almost useless up close, at least, he WAS useless up close :lol:
runadumb 61

Postby gmcb007 » 07 Jun 2011, 22:39

sulli456 wrote:
gmcb007 wrote:I hope that fighting was just added for the effect of the trailer. I want the good ol' open map and various ways to kill the bugger. Pleas IO don't pull the splinter cell conviction stunt.

Personally i dont, i want some hand to hand, i always got frustrated with the old hand to hand clumsy punch when sneaking around and coming face to face with someone, i dont mean for them to make it primary i still want the other options but this one to be implemented as well. So you can do some swish hand to hand combat, if needed. But so there is still the option to sneak in and set up a trap to kill the target.

Also watching that trailer where the head was being dunked in water it made me want an interogation technique so you can find out where you target is and what they are doing or their routines. Just to add to the feeling so you can better plan.

I agree completely with what you said. I really should have worded it better. Apologies. What I ment to say I hope they are not adding missions where you just bomb in and go all Chuck Norris( you know how Spinter cell went) I just hope its still a primary stealth based game.

The interrogation idea would actually be very good to add. It would definitley add some more tatic to your mission.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby The Bossman » 08 Jun 2011, 00:01

More than likely a trailer to draw in the masses, better not be like that in game. I can't see IO fundamentally changing our gameplay paths as drastically as this. I can't deny it looks fun, but this isn't what Hitman is about. It's about choice. It's about exploration, and finding the right path to kill your targets quietly. Not smashing random twonks faces in with doors and busts.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222