Sony E3 press conference: All the news

Your comments on our articles.

Every big headline from PlayStation's L.A showcase

The dust has settled on Sony's E3 2011 conference and, although we might not have got a major, triple-A shock announcement, there was plenty on offer to get PlayStation fans excited.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sony E3 press conference: All the news

Postby Athrun888 » 07 Jun 2011, 07:15

The only thing I care to know about the Vita is if it's region locked or not, because if it is I'm not interested even slightly.

Either way both MS and Sony haven't impressed me, so I guess it's going to be down to Nintendo, as I expected. Though this time I'll be going in knowing anything they show off probably won't be released by next E3.
Athrun888 63

Re: Sony E3 press conference: All the news

Postby chunkysatsuma » 07 Jun 2011, 07:56

Wow, as a PS3 owner I feel incredibly let down.

We fixed the psn and bringing a few old games from the ps2 to the system, right enough about the PS3 LOOK AT OUR NEW HANDHELD!

So far the order looks set to be Sony worst e3, then Microsoft, then hopefully nintendo will entertain
chunkysatsuma 45

Postby Barry316 » 07 Jun 2011, 08:08

chunkysatsuma wrote:Wow, as a PS3 owner I feel incredibly let down.

We fixed the psn and bringing a few old games from the ps2 to the system, right enough about the PS3 LOOK AT OUR NEW HANDHELD!

So far the order looks set to be Sony worst e3, then Microsoft, then hopefully nintendo will entertain

Wow you really a fanboy or are just trolling. You've been in every MS E3 story calling everybody that didn't like it and running lists off with stuff they should like. Let's not forget your "inFamous 2 8/10 isn't a good score" stuff from last week.

If you own both a 360 and PS3 you shouldn't feel let down at all. You can pick the good stuff from both (Uncharted 3, Gears 3 etc) and leave the bad (Kinect Disney games, old PS2 games etc). It really is win-win for you. Hopefully nobody writes you a list of the things you should have liked, only fanboy's and trolls do stuff like that.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby El Mag » 07 Jun 2011, 08:28

Uncharted 3 and Uncharted on the PS Ryvita....

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby FlimFlam » 07 Jun 2011, 08:34

Barry316 wrote:
chunkysatsuma wrote:Wow, as a PS3 owner I feel incredibly let down.

Wow you really a fanboy or are just trolling. You've been in every MS E3 story calling everybody that didn't like it and running lists off with stuff they should like. Let's not forget your "inFamous 2 8/10 isn't a good score" stuff from last week.

If you own both a 360 and PS3 you shouldn't feel let down at all. You can pick the good stuff from both (Uncharted 3, Gears 3 etc) and leave the bad (Kinect Disney games, old PS2 games etc). It really is win-win for you. Hopefully nobody writes you a list of the things you should have liked, only fanboy's and trolls do stuff like that.

I think you may need to check the definition of troll fella to be fair. It usually regards a person saying something deliberately inflammatory in order to garner a backlash or start an argument. Chunkysatsuma just seems to be expressing disappointment, which to be honest, I am also feeling.

Microsofts conference was pretty good as a show I thought, but take out the multiplatform titles, Kinect and sequels, and they actually had very little new on display. I think it safe to say the days of big, console exclusive titles are on the wane... I had really hoped for something to blow me away, and neither Sony nor the big M delivered, though currently I think Microsoft are ahead. Just. I'm fully expecting Nintendo to kill it now though.
FlimFlam 45

Postby Barry316 » 07 Jun 2011, 08:50

FlimFlam wrote:I think you may need to check the definition of troll fella to be fair. It usually regards a person saying something deliberately inflammatory in order to garner a backlash or start an argument. Chunkysatsuma just seems to be expressing disappointment, which to be honest, I am also feeling.

Microsofts conference was pretty good as a show I thought, but take out the multiplatform titles, Kinect and sequels, and they actually had very little new on display. I think it safe to say the days of big, console exclusive titles are on the wane... I had really hoped for something to blow me away, and neither Sony nor the big M delivered, though currently I think Microsoft are ahead. Just. I'm fully expecting Nintendo to kill it now though.

Oh i know what a troll is, and i'm afraid to say he's showing the classic signs. It's one thing to express disappointment. but it's another to do multiple reassurance posts and telling others what they should like in the MS stories yesterday. Case in point

chunkysatsuma wrote:To the 11 million people who bought Kinect this conference was brilliant

To fans of Halo this conference was brilliant

To casual fans this was brilliant

To the internet snarks this was TEH LAME

chunkysatsuma wrote:I loved it, much better then anticipated and they still didnt show off all their exclusives (no arcade games shown though since announced on xbox marketplace etc)

CVG have set this up for weeks now as the weakest press conference, they cant back down now, I have always maintained though if this is the weakest then great, it means the other two will have been fantastic :D

Notice the "didn't show off all their exclusives" part, surely the same could be said of this show ?.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby boskersrevenge » 07 Jun 2011, 08:53

Half the time it's hard to tell where the trolls begin and the supposed sane ones end.

Let's just all hold hands and get boners, I mean, enjoy video games... *cough*

Didn't see the conference, what with it being past my bedtime but from what I've seen Sony had a solid showing. Dunno what people actually expect, really, as I see this gen in the 3rd quarter but things are a little bit more organic than that. Next year's E3 may well be very similar to this, even with the impending Nintendo console, I think that will be the lever to which MS and Sony may act but this is all very big in the "ifs" dept. .

Billions have been invested by Sony and MS in this gen and people think they're going to add billions more with a new console just because they feel it's time?

I won't expect new hardware from them until 2014. Earlier I wouldn't say no to but even if the new Nintendo rocks our socks off 3rd party games will be capped at 360/PS3 so Nintendo may well have their work cut out for them to get exclusives to entice the "core" on over.

Anyway, clear and solid direction for Sony over the next year.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby Houdini Splicer » 07 Jun 2011, 08:57

Some interesting news, but i'm glad i didnt stay up and watch it.
Houdini Splicer 30

Postby Barca Azul » 07 Jun 2011, 08:58

Fairly disappointing for me also.

No agent, GTA, little on Uncharted based on what's on here.

I'm buying an expensive 3D tv Sony, what are you offering me?
Barca Azul 63

Postby El Mag » 07 Jun 2011, 09:01

boskersrevenge wrote:Let's just all hold hands and get boners, I mean, enjoy video games... *cough*

So you wake up every morning with a boner too!

....i mean, what? yeah games cool, fistbumps and stuff *whistles*
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby gothchild » 07 Jun 2011, 09:01

The 3DTV thing wasn't a bad idea, even if it's a bit silly with such a small size for 3D..
But a bit too much on Vita, needed more on PS3 imo.
Everyone sucks, just don't tell them
gothchild 55

Postby Sleepaphobic » 07 Jun 2011, 09:48

Vita? Seriously? I though that was a joke.
Remember when E3 was all about getting blasted in the face (Not in that way) with a million new games we never heard about before? If that's not coming back then ya I think E3 should probably die.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby Codename4p » 07 Jun 2011, 10:28

No GTA 5 or MGS 5 or God of War 4!?

yea not a bad show. very impressed with PSVita shall more than likely invest. The list of games attract me enough and hopefully they will be launch titles. If they are I can see it doing a hell of alot better than the 3DS.
I came here to have me ass kicked and my bubble gum stolen. So I am definitely out of gum.
Codename4p 33

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 07 Jun 2011, 11:32

Wasn't as bad as Microsofts but wasn't great either to be honest. Guess its upto Nintendo to save E3.
Very_Silver_Ownz 49

Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Postby kirankara » 07 Jun 2011, 11:39

i was most disappointed that Sony didnt anounce any upgrades to the psn network to match those that live already has, it's a bit silly they dont implicate these things like x game chat etc, as its not huge changes to make, and would seriously increase the viability of psn to many users.(not myself, its not a huge deal to me, but still makes sense)
kirankara 57

Next