Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Your comments on our articles.

"You say it, Xbox finds it"

Microsoft's announced live TV, YouTube and Bing for Xbox Live, as it promises it will increase the amount of content on the service "by a factor of ten" this year.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Mandatory Grape » 06 Jun 2011, 18:13

b-b-bing! OH YEA! sux 2 be using der ps3.

I thought they already had live TV with the sky player?
User avatar
Mandatory Grape 36
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 31 May 2011, 21:13

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby shiwayb » 06 Jun 2011, 18:28

Proper YouTube Support is gooooood!

Hopefully it supports Full HD Videos :D
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2842130498.png = 120 Mb.

AlienWare ALX Area 51 PC + 30" Dell Monitor
Samsung 52" Full HDTV
Cambridge Audio Amp + Kef Speakers
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
Wii U
3DS XL
iPhone 5S
User avatar
shiwayb 55
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: 23 Aug 2004, 14:17
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Io BALLiSTiC oI
PSN ID: Io-BALLiSTiC-oI

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 06 Jun 2011, 19:03

Hmmmmm

I don't think so.

If anyone can tell me what this has to do with having a games console i would love to know, Theres no way this will work properly and the whole presentation was just filled with buzz words and grand expanses upon simple concepts.

Not at all impressed by this microsoft presentation,I was hoping for something more than sequels upon sequels and on rails Kinect childrens games.

Better get a big blanket because it's a cold cold year instore.
Image
User avatar
Megatrons_Fury 51
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 15:54

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby altitude2k » 06 Jun 2011, 19:13

Megatrons_Fury wrote:Hmmmmm

I don't think so.

If anyone can tell me what this has to do with having a games console i would love to know, Theres no way this will work properly and the whole presentation was just filled with buzz words and grand expanses upon simple concepts.

Not at all impressed by this microsoft presentation,I was hoping for something more than sequels upon sequels and on rails Kinect childrens games.

Better get a big blanket because it's a cold cold year instore.


It's called E3 for a reason. Electronic Entertainment Expo. It's not EGE and it never has been.
Image
User avatar
altitude2k 64
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:58
Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Noobsaibot » 06 Jun 2011, 19:15

Mandatory Grape wrote:b-b-bing! OH YEA! sux 2 be using der ps3.

I thought they already had live TV with the sky player?


We've had live TV for a while but nothing in the US so far. I watched it all and I don't recall hearing Youtube being mentioned. :?
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Image
User avatar
Noobsaibot 67
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: 31 Dec 2001, 01:24
Location: Ireland
Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby shiwayb » 06 Jun 2011, 19:25

Noobsaibot wrote:
Mandatory Grape wrote:b-b-bing! OH YEA! sux 2 be using der ps3.

I thought they already had live TV with the sky player?


We've had live TV for a while but nothing in the US so far. I watched it all and I don't recall hearing Youtube being mentioned. :?



Wait, you missed the huge YouTube logo and the "coming to Xbox 360?"

o_O
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2842130498.png = 120 Mb.

AlienWare ALX Area 51 PC + 30" Dell Monitor
Samsung 52" Full HDTV
Cambridge Audio Amp + Kef Speakers
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
Wii U
3DS XL
iPhone 5S
User avatar
shiwayb 55
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: 23 Aug 2004, 14:17
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Io BALLiSTiC oI
PSN ID: Io-BALLiSTiC-oI

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Coulson1990 » 06 Jun 2011, 19:43

Love the fact xmen first class on was on there. Pirate Microsoft!
Coulson1990 44
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 16:51
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby shiwayb » 06 Jun 2011, 19:47

Coulson1990 wrote:Love the fact xmen first class on was on there. Pirate Microsoft!



Erm, Trailer Perhaps?

...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2842130498.png = 120 Mb.

AlienWare ALX Area 51 PC + 30" Dell Monitor
Samsung 52" Full HDTV
Cambridge Audio Amp + Kef Speakers
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
Wii U
3DS XL
iPhone 5S
User avatar
shiwayb 55
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: 23 Aug 2004, 14:17
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Io BALLiSTiC oI
PSN ID: Io-BALLiSTiC-oI

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Padua » 06 Jun 2011, 19:48

I might finally be tempted to buy a 360 because of Kinect TV integration alone... ok and because of Kinect Sesame Street :oops: It always had the makings for the best TV remote ever. I expect to see Kinect being built into TV sets in a few years.

Not so sure about voice commands though. I have tried voice search several times on my cellphone with Google.
When it works its stunning... although when it doesn't it is spectacularly bad.

"XBOX BING THEASAURUS"

? "Did you mean: TYRANNOSAURUS?" :|
User avatar
Padua 63
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 13:14
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: ACD1306

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby jtthegame » 06 Jun 2011, 20:13

you tube will make a nice extra. most my time on the xbox is games i do use things like sky player so it is good they are bring more and more features to xbox.
jtthegame 35
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 14:49

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Houdini Splicer » 06 Jun 2011, 20:22

Youtube is good, i wish there was a dedicated youtube program for my ps3, instead of having to use the web browser, the live tv also sounds good, mind you, * its pretty useless if you already have freeview built in to your tv and even worse if you have cable tv in the same room as your xbox, but it's still good to have nonetheless

*edit: unless it has more choice of channels than you can get on freeview.
Houdini Splicer 30
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 21:01
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby ThePriceisRight » 06 Jun 2011, 20:38

"Youtube is good, i wish there was a dedicated youtube program for my ps3 "
There is a you tube app for ps3.
Last edited by ThePriceisRight on 06 Jun 2011, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
ThePriceisRight 12
New user
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 09:14
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: RICEMACK1
PSN ID: Ricemack

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby simsc3 » 06 Jun 2011, 22:00

This is one way to watch Channel5 and C4 shows on my xbox... Now only if the BBC was on you tube...IF ONLY????
simsc3 52
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 25 Jan 2004, 23:04
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby Barca Azul » 06 Jun 2011, 22:48

ThePriceisRight wrote:.
Houdini Splicer wrote:Youtube is good, i wish there was a dedicated youtube program for my ps3,
There is a you tube app for ps3.


I've got youtube on the PS3.

Bing sucks big time though, but does that mean it will have a browser now? That's good.

Borrowed some more idea's from Sony then. All good for everyone.
User avatar
Barca Azul 63
 
Posts: 6428
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 18:39
Location: Spain

Re: Live TV, YouTube, Bing coming to Xbox Live

Postby jinjos » 06 Jun 2011, 23:09

got sky to watch tv and pc for youtube. weres the games microsoft?
jinjos 11
New user
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 Apr 2011, 12:56


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]