to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Microsoft E3 conference to face Apple competition tonight

Your comments on our articles.

Jobs to reveal iOS5 and iCloud at World Developers Conference

Gaming heads are firmly pointed towards the horrific mix of E3 pleasure and pain about to hit us this afternoon, starting with Microsoft at 5pm BST.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby sevvybgoode » 06 Jun 2011, 11:59

Human centipad?
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby benji85 » 06 Jun 2011, 12:00

Meh! I must say that I really feel that Apple do have their collective heads up their arse these days :roll:
benji85 41

Postby morikaweb » 06 Jun 2011, 12:00

I cannot belive it took the press this long to take notice. Apple is a gaming company with the most popular handheld gaming device. They essentially just fired a shot right across Microsoft's bow, and the press hasn't even noticed till now.
morikaweb 44

Re: Microsoft E3 conference to face Apple competition tonigh

Postby sakaspuds » 06 Jun 2011, 12:02

apple to join forces with sega to launch a new console? could happen
sakaspuds 42

Postby gmcb007 » 06 Jun 2011, 12:02

The sad thing is that Apple will horde the attention by the masses who seem to be awed by anything with their logo in it. I wouldn't be suprised if they spend the whole time going on how we lived in the dark ages and could hardly survive before their Ipad arrived to save us all from having to read books made out of paper!

Fingers crossed they don't try to enter the console market.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby morikaweb » 06 Jun 2011, 12:14

gmcb007 wrote:The sad thing is that Apple will horde the attention by the masses who seem to be awed by anything with their logo in it. I wouldn't be suprised if they spend the whole time going on how we lived in the dark ages and could hardly survive before their Ipad arrived to save us all from having to read books made out of paper!

I am confused, are you saying apple sucks because paper books rule and apple does not sell books? The sad thing is you don't even hate apple, people like you just latch on to anything popular and bash it to make yourself look big.
morikaweb 44

Postby MrRage » 06 Jun 2011, 12:20

gmcb007 wrote:Fingers crossed they don't try to enter the console market.

Ugh I can see it now iConsole :roll: all the iSlaves will wet themselves.
MrRage 36

Postby El Mag » 06 Jun 2011, 12:25

sevvybgoode wrote:Human centipad?

Sweet Jebus no! :shock:

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby gmcb007 » 06 Jun 2011, 12:30

morikaweb wrote:
gmcb007 wrote:The sad thing is that Apple will horde the attention by the masses who seem to be awed by anything with their logo in it. I wouldn't be suprised if they spend the whole time going on how we lived in the dark ages and could hardly survive before their Ipad arrived to save us all from having to read books made out of paper!

I am confused, are you saying apple sucks because paper books rule and apple does not sell books? The sad thing is you don't even hate apple, people like you just latch on to anything popular and bash it to make yourself look big.

No I was joking how they treat the Ipad like it was a revolutionary invention that changed the world for good and I was joking about how they act like reading books online saved us from the torment of physical paper books. Just a little joke so calm down!

I never said I hated apple, just the way they act about their products and no, I don't 'latch on' to this silly concept people like you have where people apparently hate things because its the latest fad. I actually find that quite sad to brand people like that.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby kreemi » 06 Jun 2011, 12:30

If apple was to do a console it would be casual as hell. iwii. it would be a real step back for them to focus on games.

maybe a media hub approach would be better. an HD box for your tv that streams to and from your iphone/ipad which then double up as controllers or whatever..

TV apps, Indie Games, internet.. could work. in any case like it or not, Apple innovate. So i'd be interested to see whats gonna happen.

Just not interested enough to drag me away from the MS conference.

Unless there's Elephants.
kreemi 31

Postby iucidium » 06 Jun 2011, 12:35

morikaweb wrote:I cannot belive it took the press this long to take notice. Apple is a gaming company with the most popular handheld gaming device. They essentially just fired a shot right across Microsoft's bow, and the press hasn't even noticed till now.

Thosee are not games, they're distractions with a little i before it. They press have only noticed because A) Little Tarquin owns one. B) Its the new mid-life crisis purchase of choice - second to a Mazda Miata and jailbait girlfriend.
I got a warning for saying what most people have probably thought.

I predicted the Wii U controllers use.

Pie lesu domine
Dona eis requiem
iucidium 40

Xbox Live: AMOUR DE CHEVAL
PSN ID: Iucidium
Wii Code: CANN OTBE BOTH ERED

Postby TykerD3 » 06 Jun 2011, 12:49

apple are trying to take attenetion away from MS as the New Xbox is to be revealed tonight......I joke (but wish it was REAL)
Xbox Live Tag: Knifey McStab
Blowing Goats since 1978
TykerD3 54

Xbox Live: SteampunkZomb1e

Postby lordirongut » 06 Jun 2011, 12:54

When Apple say that they have the 'most popular console' or 'most popular handheld' or whatever, the reality is that that mean cack all. Nintendo got it bang on - all those 'games' do is devalue gaming as a whole. I can count the list of iOS games that I'd actually play on one hand, and even then two of those are on the PSP and one is on the DS. Apple is the most arrogant, smug company going, and whoever said that their heads are up their arses has it spot on. I don't hate Apple because they are popular, I hate Apple because their products are overpriced and woefully inferior to the competition. £1000 for a 13" laptop with a last-gen i5 and integrated graphics? f**k off. Same goes for the iPhone, which is so much worse than a modern Android/Windows phone that it's not even funny. Don't even get me started on the badly designed, badly coded POS that is iTunes - even the most basic form of Windows Media Player is better.

I'm not expecting much from the MS Press Conference tonight, but if they show even one worthwhile product then it'll be damn more than the 'LOOK AT TEH SHINY SHINY' Apple Conference.
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 66

PSN ID: lordirongut

Postby gobbybobby » 06 Jun 2011, 13:05

sevvybgoode wrote:Human centipad?

No thats I-Human Centipad.
gobbybobby 45

Xbox Live: gobbybobby
PSN ID: gobbybobby
Steam: gobbybobby
Battle.net: gobbybobby
xFire: gobbybobby

Postby jtthegame » 06 Jun 2011, 13:08

Don't like Apple i tunes is a pain to use and am not really impressed with my ipod touch to be honest. i wouldn't ever fork out on a ipad. i will pay attention to ms,sony and nintendo but apple i don't really care about the next up grade of i pad or pod or iphone.
jtthegame 35

Next