to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Rare to demo new Kinect voice tech tonight?

Your comments on our articles.

'Xbox Pause' is just the beginning, apparently

Kinect's voice capabilities will reportedly be a large focus of a Rare presentation during Microsoft's E3 conference this evening.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Stryker89 » 06 Jun 2011, 11:13

Shoo, Rare!
Stryker89 60

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby sevvybgoode » 06 Jun 2011, 11:14

Ive been pretty disappointed in the voice chat so far. If used as a mike during partys or even during the rare moment of Kinect video chat the sound quality is gash.

Fix that before adding features for games that loads of people will probaby not use anyway.
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Re: Rare to demo new Kinect voice tech tonight?

Postby SpandexArmstrong » 06 Jun 2011, 11:22

F**k it, every RARE article makes my blood boil these days!
The creators of some of our favourite classic games reduced to mere mother goosery!
If I had a chance to slap any development studio in the face (one by one), it'd be RARE.
Money well spent Microsoft:)
SpandexArmstrong 45

PSN ID: Me0wgRavY

Postby PandyBear » 06 Jun 2011, 11:24

sevvybgoode wrote:...even during the "Rare" moment of Kinect video chat the sound quality is gash..

Fixed ;)
Rare, when will we see some proper games from you? None of this gimmicky motion shite and Avatar items, Gimme some Conkers!
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear

Postby Dewin » 06 Jun 2011, 12:06

"pew pew"
Dewin 49

Postby kreemi » 06 Jun 2011, 12:19

Xbox, give me my money back.
kreemi 31

Postby ingy » 06 Jun 2011, 13:35

Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, was a brilliant, innovative game shamefully ignored by most people, a real joy to play.

Now imagine if the vehicle building part of the game was controlled with your hands, while leaving the rest of the game to the std controller,....eh ..now there's an idea.

Or what about a point and click adventure, surely that would work great with kinect, that's just a couple of ideas off the top of my head, so why can't developers see the same possibilities instead of trying to shoehorn the controls into an FPS or creating yet another crap dance/sport piece of dullness.
ingy 64

Postby dangermou5e » 06 Jun 2011, 14:06

ingy wrote:Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, was a brilliant, innovative game shamefully ignored by most people, a real joy to play.

Now imagine if the vehicle building part of the game was controlled with your hands, while leaving the rest of the game to the std controller,....eh ..now there's an idea.

Or what about a point and click adventure, surely that would work great with kinect, that's just a couple of ideas off the top of my head, so why can't developers see the same possibilities instead of trying to shoehorn the controls into an FPS or creating yet another crap dance/sport piece of dullness.

Nuts and Bolts was a jem of a game, I picked it up for my boys to play only to end up addicted to it myself.

People just done seem to want to give these types of games a chance much like Viva Pinata 1 and 2, All they see is the cute visuals and instantly think its not for them.
360GT=ngc dangermouse
PSNGT=uk_danger
---------------------------------------------
Gaming since 1982 Atari 2600 1st game= Pole Postion oh yeah!!
dangermou5e 60

Xbox Live: NGC dangermouse
PSN ID: uk_danger

Postby sevvybgoode » 06 Jun 2011, 14:18

dangermou5e wrote:
ingy wrote:Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, was a brilliant, innovative game shamefully ignored by most people, a real joy to play.

Nuts and Bolts was a jem of a game, I picked it up for my boys to play only to end up addicted to it myself.

People just done seem to want to give these types of games a chance much like Viva Pinata 1 and 2, All they see is the cute visuals and instantly think its not for them.

+1

Unfortunately unless a game has shotguns nowadays its not considered "core"... (god how i hate that term). Nuts & Bolts was a fantastic game with tonnes of replay value but it got completely missed by most. It is a real thrill when your crazy contraptions ace a level and once youve unlocked a fair few components you can be really quite inventive.

I really liked the way the collectables had a purpose with the crates in the hub. Instead of unlocking artwork the thrill of finding yet another jet engine to make your wall of doom travel at unmanagable speeds was second to none.
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode