First PES 2012 gameplay trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Over two minutes of in-engine footage

Konami's launched the first gameplay trailer for PES 2012 and sent over a few screens along with it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

First PES 2012 gameplay trailer

Postby budge » 03 Jun 2011, 17:55

I need a good footie game this year but there are so many quality games coming out i'm not sure i'll have the time to get stuck into a Master League or Be A Legend mode.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Re: First PES 2012 gameplay trailer

Postby videogames4life » 03 Jun 2011, 18:17

Looks quite good. In before fifa fanboys!
videogames4life 8
New user

Postby azz72 » 03 Jun 2011, 18:30

same old PES players move like stick men. :?
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza Horizon 2,AC Unity
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD
PC:Asseto corsa,Football Manager
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 52

Xbox Live: timson72

Postby rivariad » 03 Jun 2011, 19:09

konami ads everywhere, will they ever buy the rights?
rivariad 46

Postby verynaughtyboy » 03 Jun 2011, 20:12

I used to be such a Pro Evo fan boy - back when we called it Pro Evo and not PES. It was Pro Evo that convinced me to buy a PS2 and thus resume gaming after a period off of about two years. Since Fifa 09 though I have become a Fifa convert. Pro Evo does not seem as good as it used to and Fifa plays like a dream. With the license on top I just see no place for Pro Evo anymore; I don't have time for 2 footie games and Pro Evo is not enjoyable by comparison.
I spend all my money on Games and Consoles. Any left over I just waste.
verynaughtyboy 41

Postby le_don » 03 Jun 2011, 20:18

verynaughtyboy wrote:I used to be such a Pro Evo fan boy - back when we called it Pro Evo and not PES. It was Pro Evo that convinced me to buy a PS2 and thus resume gaming after a period off of about two years. Since Fifa 09 though I have become a Fifa convert. Pro Evo does not seem as good as it used to and Fifa plays like a dream. With the license on top I just see no place for Pro Evo anymore; I don't have time for 2 footie games and Pro Evo is not enjoyable by comparison.

Ditto, expect I started playing "PES" when it was called international superstat soccer: pro evolution, way back on the first playstation. I was a die hard fan, but pes 2008 was a buggy shambles and same as you, I had a look at FIFA 2009 and haven't looked back since. I think it's time for PES to keel over and die now.
le_don 50

Postby laminated0 » 03 Jun 2011, 20:42

le_don wrote:
verynaughtyboy wrote:I used to be such a Pro Evo fan boy - back when we called it Pro Evo and not PES. It was Pro Evo that convinced me to buy a PS2 and thus resume gaming after a period off of about two years. Since Fifa 09 though I have become a Fifa convert. Pro Evo does not seem as good as it used to and Fifa plays like a dream. With the license on top I just see no place for Pro Evo anymore; I don't have time for 2 footie games and Pro Evo is not enjoyable by comparison.

Ditto, expect I started playing "PES" when it was called international superstat soccer: pro evolution, way back on the first playstation. I was a die hard fan, but pes 2008 was a buggy shambles and same as you, I had a look at FIFA 2009 and haven't looked back since. I think it's time for PES to keel over and die now.

I don't agree, while I agree the fifa game is very good, I feel that if what you are suggesting were to happen fifa would not have any other real competition and therefore EA would probably start to become complacent with their games.

The new fifa trailer looks excellent but I have to say the same for this, it looks very very good, the fact that fifa and PES don't play the same I think is a very good thing, it allows the player a choice of two good football games they then can choose the one that caters to their preference.

I have played all the ISS games since deluxe also and I feel although PES 2008-10 weren't great that 2011 was a very good game in comparison to their earlier next gen efforts, looking forward to playing this whent he demo comes out in a few months :)
laminated0 36

Xbox Live: Jon Ryo

Postby verynaughtyboy » 03 Jun 2011, 21:19

I played ISS 64 back on the N64 and its 2 sequels. There were two teams working on N64 and PS1 versions of the game and it seemed the critics prefered the superior gameplay of the PS1 version from which Pro Evo came.

@laminated0
It's never good for a developer to have a genre covered exclusively I agree. That said, competition shouldn't exist just for the sake of it. Pro Evo just feels stuck at a certain point and isn't making the right progression. It definitely misses that license for one thing as that adds such an atmosphere to the whole experience. Pro Evo's gameplay is just second rate now and I wonder if it's because the game has to be developed over so many formats and Konami just don't have EA's resources. Perhaps Konami should focus on Ps3 / 360 versions of Pro Evo and get it back to its former glory.

As it stands now it just seems so pointless.
I spend all my money on Games and Consoles. Any left over I just waste.
verynaughtyboy 41

Postby sm0k3y2307 » 03 Jun 2011, 21:38

used to love pes when it ISS but since then its gone down hill drastically compared to fifa
sm0k3y2307 43

Xbox Live: sm0k3y2307
PSN ID: sm0k3y2307
Wii Code: 3DS 3265-6325-3204
Steam: kevjames

Postby Eclipse Dj » 03 Jun 2011, 23:06

laminated0 wrote:I don't agree, while I agree the fifa game is very good, I feel that if what you are suggesting were to happen fifa would not have any other real competition and therefore EA would probably start to become complacent with their games.

The new fifa trailer looks excellent but I have to say the same for this, it looks very very good, the fact that fifa and PES don't play the same I think is a very good thing, it allows the player a choice of two good football games they then can choose the one that caters to their preference.

I have played all the ISS games since deluxe also and I feel although PES 2008-10 weren't great that 2011 was a very good game in comparison to their earlier next gen efforts, looking forward to playing this whent he demo comes out in a few months :)

Nice to see someone comment with a bit of sense.

@verynaughtyboy - I actually preferred the N64 games to the PS1 as they actually had superior control, full 360 degree movement on the analog stick, which I believe was a 'new feature' in FIFA 10. It may seem pointless to you but I actually prefer PES gameplay to FIFA, especially the Wii version. Which is just so much fun and a joy to play that I even choose it over both FIFA and PES on 360. You're right about the license adding atmosphere though, you can't beat finishing in the top 4 and playing in the fully licensed Champions League, which incidentally 'rivariad' has all the real advertising boards you could wish for, yep even SONY PS3 on your 360.
Eclipse Dj 49

Postby Barca Azul » 04 Jun 2011, 01:01

rivariad wrote:konami ads everywhere, will they ever buy the rights?

Maybe they don't want to give money to currupt bandits!

I have to say its about the game play for me and years of PES make it impossible to like FIFA and I have tried it.

They need to fix the crossing and shooting still for me!

At least they will gain the rights to Manchester city this year as they are in the CL.
Barca Azul 63

Postby Noobsaibot » 04 Jun 2011, 01:17

PES 6, 7, 2008, 2009 and 2010 we're awful. However, 2011 was bloody fantastic and I have very high hopes for 12 too. As for licences, just download the WEBN option files (secretly supported by Konami) and you're good to go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9fWNRBXyM

Hopefully, they'll allow us to select all of the south & central American teams in exhibition. Hopefully, they'll add them to the master league too so we can buy any rising stars from Argentina and where have you. And how about a few extra editable teams so we can add new leagues like the MLS. Also add some more exotic teams like Sydney FC, Wellington Phoenix, Nagoya Grampus 8 and that Congo team that did well last year for a proper club world cup competition.
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby Imaduck » 04 Jun 2011, 01:24

Maybe it's just me but .... this looks dated :| Overall sort of visual-wise it looks like a game from early this gen. I was expecting it to be really sleek and overpolished considering the subject and the money involved.
Imaduck 58

Postby The_Jaster » 04 Jun 2011, 01:59

Now I'm not slating your opinion or anything but I find it rather odd that there is always one similar comment when it comes to a Fifa or PES article.
Now I know Fifa has improved lots but I still don't like the overall feel of it & not to mention its just way too easy even on the hardest settings.

This new PES looks a bigger step up to me though the one thing I am concerned about is the ball movements look like there a tad too heavy, also the license argument simply doesn't hold water anymore as there is a great online editing community for all your official kits/teams/players/badges also PES has the official European competitions license too, plus Master League is the best mode any football game the Fifa games get no where near it in my book.
"who gives a f**k about an Oxford comma" certainly not saswatch
The_Jaster 61

PSN ID: Shaolin_Jaster
Wii Code: 5818-5057-5763-4098
Steam: ShaolinJaster
xFire: 3DS FC: 4081- 5482 - 6750

Postby Cazy008 » 04 Jun 2011, 11:56

PES 2011 sucked and this looks like more of the same tbh.
Cazy008 50

Xbox Live: caz7595
PSN ID: Cazy008

Next