to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Rainbow Six details leak?

Your comments on our articles.

Grittier story, focus on tactics and stealth rumoured

The long-rumoured new Rainbow Six game will tell a contemporary tale based in New York.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby AJB123644 » 03 Jun 2011, 11:13

"While the gameplay is based on some classic Rainbow Six mechanics, there is a cover system that takes you out of the first-person perspective and into the third,"

This somewhat saddens me as whilst I don't particularly mind this mechanic it can be very very annoying at times. In Rainbow Six 2 I have had more than several occasions where I've been in the third person mode and the angles when trying to shoot at people have been completely wrong yet if I were in first person I'd have clear shots. However, until more details are released officially I will reserve judgement.

A more tactical game sounds great anyway. I still yearn for SWAT 5.
AJ

Blog - www.ajb123644.blogspot.com

AJB123644 46

Postby svd_grasshopper » 03 Jun 2011, 11:18

was sounding good... the 'old school' bit to try and ease in the cinematic story bit.

SWAT don't get to see the story, that was half the fun... they are 'blind' and act on the facts. it's a mission - it was good that way.

now i guess we get to see things blowing up and dramatic hostage taking :x
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Re: New Rainbow Six details leak?

Postby clayf1ghter » 03 Jun 2011, 11:30

Oh New York again what a suprise yawn!!

Still glad they're making another one enjoyed the last couple love how mentally loud the guns are in these games
clayf1ghter 45

Postby PandyBear » 03 Jun 2011, 12:31

I thoroughly enjoyed both Vegas 1 and 2. Especially 2 with its character customisation and such. My biggest complaint though was the 2 player splitscreen co op, the graphics looked bloody awful in places. And the lack of squad commands for player 2 was a bit of a shame really, with P2 not being in control of a second team or some such.

Can't wait to see what details come out soon though, really want to run around with my old silenced TMP and spray and pray :D
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear

Postby ingy » 03 Jun 2011, 12:45

Please please please, don't turn the multiplayer into a run 'n' gun Cod clone, and keep fixed spawns as this is essential for team play.

Oh and keep the massive recoil too, and and,....well you get what i mean, keep it Rainbow!
ingy 64

Postby LkS » 03 Jun 2011, 17:26

When are we going to get a proper R6 game (e.g. Rogue Spear 2) and not this cover shooter drivel Ubisoft you f**king anti-innovation, anti-gaming, PC fanbase ignoring useless f**king faggots?
LkS 31

Postby gmcb007 » 03 Jun 2011, 17:34

You know, i'd be more happier with a remake of the original one.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby theblkwhsp » 03 Jun 2011, 19:39

I think developers are finally learning that just because it's on console doesn't mean it has to be dumbed down and arcadey. While it doesn't sound like I'm gonna be planning routes on a pre-mission map anytime soon, I welcome the talk of tactics. I love Rainbow Six. By the way, anyone who likes the game should try to read the book; it's excellent. Classic Clancy.
theblkwhsp 25

Postby thirdwatch » 03 Jun 2011, 20:31

As long as it keeps coop split screen campaign and the maps too that'll be great. There's a dearth of decent split screen shooters and Las Vegas 2 was brilliant because you could use your points to unlock new outfits and guns.
thirdwatch 22

Postby thecreator » 03 Jun 2011, 23:26

OMFG about time!!!!! rainbow six vegas was one of my best games ever, absolutely played it to death and still do. Always liked it better than COD and had some of my best gaming moments playing online using the cover button, bring back Campus!!
thecreator 25

Postby Jensonjet » 04 Jun 2011, 01:07

The first Rainbow Six on the original Xbox still remains my favourite in the series. I'd be happy if it's that good. I be extremely happy if they've dropped that rubbish Unreal engine and moved onto something that could run at 60 frames a second. I'll be in heaven if co-op campaign and terrorist hunt return.
Jensonjet 47