to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

BioWare teases Dragon Age artwork

Your comments on our articles.

DLC or another sequel?

BioWare has popped a trio of mysterious Dragon Age artworks on Facebook and Twitter, under the cheekily suggestive headine: "Are those griffins?"... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

BioWare teases Dragon Age artwork

Postby Moribundman » 27 May 2011, 14:50

After persisting with Dragon Age which was a good laugh, the sequel (and its 3 photocopied locations) really disappointed me. As the most obsessive, spologist Mass Effect fan, I completed DA1 several times and bought all the DLC :roll: but I got towards the end of the final act of DA2 and just got annoyed with it.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Re: BioWare teases Dragon Age artwork

Postby laminated0 » 27 May 2011, 15:09

Moribundman wrote:After persisting with Dragon Age which was a good laugh, the sequel (and its 3 photocopied locations) really disappointed me. As the most obsessive, spologist Mass Effect fan, I completed DA1 several times and bought all the DLC :roll: but I got towards the end of the final act of DA2 and just got annoyed with it.

I'm also a big fan of the mass effect series and Bioware in general, but ive heard a lot of bad things about dragon age 2 mostly from disgruntled dragon age 1 players on metacritic, having played DA 1 through twice and now starting awakening and have the other DLC for it, I just wondered compared to the first one is it REALLY that bad??
laminated0 36

Xbox Live: Jon Ryo

Postby The Big F » 27 May 2011, 15:30

After persisting with Dragon Age which was a good laugh, the sequel (and its 3 photocopied locations) really disappointed me. As the most obsessive, spologist Mass Effect fan, I completed DA1 several times and bought all the DLC :roll: but I got towards the end of the final act of DA2 and just got annoyed with it.

Haven't we beaten this dead horse enough by now?
The Big F 27

Postby G00N3R » 27 May 2011, 15:51

DA2 in itself is a fairly good game. The problem DA2 had, and the reason for all the hate, is that it does not compare favourably to DA:O or any other Bioware game. It is Bioware's worst game. But its still an 8/10 game. Its not an epic as everyone hoped, but it is still reasonably entertaining.

On topic: "requests to visit areas outside Kirkwall" sounds to me like this is more likely to relate to DA2 DLC, rather than DA3.
G00N3R 49

Postby MattyR95 » 27 May 2011, 16:40

Problem with dragon age 2 is that it isn't epic enough, DAO had you killing a archdemon, generals and loads of darkspawn but dragon age 2 was mostly templars and apostates/abominations. I also thought the lack of flemeth was a disappointment, i think she's the most interesting character in the series.
MattyR95 53

Postby aawells07 » 27 May 2011, 16:48

I too was extremly excited for DA2 and it was awesome at first i loved most of the changes they did on it and once i got proly half way thru and kept visiting the same locations over and over i just couldn go on and i was genuinly upset only because i had such high hopes for it. Looking at those pics its hard to say if its DLC or if its for DA3 also looking at them you can tell its got the invisible walls thing going on and i hate that about these games and the enviroments are empty with an exception of a box or two up against a wall or something youd think that since every area is so closed off that they would be packed with stuff making it seem as tho its a living and breathing world. I dont mean to bash it so much cus i do love the series i just wish they would fix a few things cause we need more great RPGs to play. :)
aawells07 43

Xbox Live: AAWELLS09
PSN ID: AAWELLS09
Steam: Exiled Torment

Postby PMIKE5 » 27 May 2011, 17:32

It's not like BioWare to ignore critisisms like the one DA2 got, so I'm quite hopefully for DA3.
My artwork. Hope you like it :)
My kindle comics
PMIKE5 46

Postby dragonjim » 27 May 2011, 18:58

I'm glad their continuing with the dragon age games, I thought the rpg fans on metacritic scared bioware off.
dragonjim 31

Postby The_KFD_Case » 27 May 2011, 20:17

Moribundman wrote:After persisting with Dragon Age which was a good laugh, the sequel (and its 3 photocopied locations) really disappointed me. As the most obsessive, spologist Mass Effect fan, I completed DA1 several times and bought all the DLC :roll: but I got towards the end of the final act of DA2 and just got annoyed with it.

Agreed. I stopped shortly after breaching Chapter 2 in DA2. That was probably over a month and a half ago. I haven't looked back once; that's unheard of for me and BioWare games in the past. Times are a changin', BioWare, so I'm not particularly interested in a DA3 release, and even less so if it's only to do with what will be overpriced DLC. Next.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby The_KFD_Case » 27 May 2011, 20:19

laminated0 wrote:

I'm also a big fan of the mass effect series and Bioware in general, but ive heard a lot of bad things about dragon age 2 mostly from disgruntled dragon age 1 players on metacritic, having played DA 1 through twice and now starting awakening and have the other DLC for it, I just wondered compared to the first one is it REALLY that bad??

In a word: YES!

It may not seem like it at first, but if you do end up playing DA2 you will start to notice the cracks in the veneer steadily. It's not a pretty sight unfortunately (not referring to the graphics btw).

If you do decide to take the plunge, I can only advice you to wait until you can pick it up for under ten quid. It really isn't worth more than that in my opinion.

P.S. If you're looking for fantastic action-RPGs I can recommend The Witcher 1 without any hesitation. The Witcher 2 is also quite possibly the single best RPG out on the gaming market at present time, and a contender for one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Even better, CD Projekt has announced that their next patch will remove the DRM from the game!
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby lmimmfn » 27 May 2011, 22:37

The Witcher 2 is one of the most amazing RPG's ever, i havnt finished it yet so i cant conclusively say its the best RPG i ever played.
I HATE fanboys, fanboy - "Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack."
lmimmfn 61

Postby Strider » 28 May 2011, 02:45

DA:O > DA2.

We've all sussed that and the fact the same location repeated itself. Hopefully they can do something better in DA3 because DA2 wasn't that good.
Strider 6
New user

Postby laminated0 » 28 May 2011, 13:21

Thanks for the replies to my question, I prolly pick it up on the cheap some time then when I can.

@ The_KFD_Case I don't think ive ever played the witcher but ill be sure to check it out when I get a chance, sadly i don't see any demo on xbox live though. But ill def check it out.

on topic for this though I expect it will be DLC first then after a few months a DA3 announcement or both possibley.
laminated0 36

Xbox Live: Jon Ryo

Postby El Mag » 28 May 2011, 13:38

laminated0 wrote:Thanks for the replies to my question, I prolly pick it up on the cheap some time then when I can.

@ The_KFD_Case I don't think ive ever played the witcher but ill be sure to check it out when I get a chance, sadly i don't see any demo on xbox live though. But ill def check it out.

on topic for this though I expect it will be DLC first then after a few months a DA3 announcement or both possibley.

The Witcher is only on PC. There's a chance the second might be going to 360 if a news story a few days ago is to be trusted.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby MJ-Thriller94 » 28 May 2011, 22:42

I need to get back into this game again, sorta just forgot all about it after a while. Would need to complete it before thinking of buying any DLC. But i agree that being in the same 3/4 environments is a bit of a bore, but i still think the game is a very good one.
Currently playing: Crysis 3, The Godfather, Bioshock Infinite, Fifa 13
MJ-Thriller94 49

Xbox Live: bigbrain303
PSN ID: MJ-Thriller94

Next