Bayonetta director fantasises about spin-off title

Your comments on our articles.

Hideki Kamiya ponders Cutie J follow-up

Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya has admitted to fantasising about taking his much-loved franchise further with an equally sexy spin-off.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby GTCzeero » 23 May 2011, 11:27

Having played Bayonetta, I'd say that much is obvious...
GTCzeero 31

Re: Bayonetta director fantasises about spin-off title

Postby The_KFD_Case » 23 May 2011, 11:38

Despite all my expectations I found Bayonetta to be (for the most part) a blast of fun! That said, listening to some of the story concepts that various Japanese developers throw out, along with the accompanying names, and one might be forgiven for thinking a portal has opened up in the fabric of space and time to whisk one back to fifth grade creative writing classes. (Note: That's NOT a good thing when applied to grown adult game developers.)
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby FASELI » 23 May 2011, 14:07

Bayonetta is an excellent piece of entertainment and currently the best in it's genre, yeah that's right Kratos hit the road you poorly painted monkey! I can't wait for a sequel but to be fair all of Platinum Games' software is of a really high quality. It is a tad Japanese old school but quite frankly all these war themed FPS games bore the bloody tits of me.
Hate never sleeps but it sure can hibernate.
FASELI 38

Postby boskersrevenge » 23 May 2011, 14:18

Cut to the chase and call it "Stabby Minge - Shotgun Legs" and we're gold.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby ensabahnur » 23 May 2011, 15:12

boskersrevenge wrote:Cut to the chase and call it "Stabby Minge - Shotgun Legs" and we're gold.
Sounds like a sure-fire hit!!
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby Imaduck » 23 May 2011, 16:10

"Bayonetta director fantasises " that pretty much sums up why I could never get into that sort of game, it's pretty pervy and juvenile.
Imaduck 58

Postby sevvybgoode » 23 May 2011, 18:13

Any game related to Bayonetta automatically gos into the must buy list for me... I dont even buy games outside of XBLA anymore thanks to Lovefilm so thats high praise indeed!
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby FAUNA » 23 May 2011, 21:01

BAYONETTA & VANQUISH are two of the best games ever conceived. I want a PS3/360 'OKAMI SPIRITUAL-SUCCESSOR' next from Kamiya-san. If they do make a BAYONETTA sequel, I want a PREQUEL SET IN THE ANCIENT DAYS TELLING THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE WITCHES & THE SAGES. Or a PREQUEL WITH RODIN (my favorite character besides Balder) AS THE LEAD SHOWING HIS ORIGIN STORY OF HOW HE BECAME A FALLEN ANGEL...
FAUNA 35

Postby jim2wheels » 23 May 2011, 21:12

Imaduck wrote:"Bayonetta director fantasises " that pretty much sums up why I could never get into that sort of game, it's pretty pervy and juvenile.

Agreed.
jim2wheels 70

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby El Mag » 23 May 2011, 22:29

FAUNA wrote:BAYONETTA & VANQUISH are two of the best games ever conceived. I want a PS3/360 'OKAMI SPIRITUAL-SUCCESSOR' next from Kamiya-san. If they do make a BAYONETTA sequel, I want a PREQUEL SET IN THE ANCIENT DAYS TELLING THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE WITCHES & THE SAGES. Or a PREQUEL WITH RODIN (my favorite character besides Balder) AS THE LEAD SHOWING HIS ORIGIN STORY OF HOW HE BECAME A FALLEN ANGEL...

I can remember the days i used to randomly shout in the middle of a sentence because of excitement and/or being high. It was good times, the vicar never saw the funny side though and told me to stop smoking the wacky terbacky in the confession booth.

I could never get into Bayonetta. I had to force myself to even finish it, it was all just too much.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby mandas » 24 May 2011, 02:48

Love Bayonetta but that Cutie costume looks like the Phantom of the Paradise mask. I'd like a spin off or another one myself.
mandas 1
New user