to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Test Drive Unlimited devs go on strike as layoffs hit

Your comments on our articles.

Staff at Eden Games allege "mismanagement" by parent Atari

Employees at Test Drive Unlimited 2 developer Eden Games have held a "symbolic day strike" after receiving news that the majority of them will be laid off in June.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Test Drive Unlimited devs go on strike as layoffs hit

Postby Gaseous Snake » 11 May 2011, 19:36

TDU2 was awful, which was a shame, because the original was (and is) the best racing game I've ever played. And for that, I say;

Sack the lot!

Or, alternatively;

Double their wages!

In fact;

Split the guys up, and do one of the above for each group!

That'll make them make a good game.

Okay, maybe it won't, but you get my point.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35

PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Test Drive Unlimited devs go on strike as layoffs hit

Postby Imaduck » 11 May 2011, 21:26

They did f**k up enormously with 2 from what I've seen. It's sort of their own fault.
Imaduck 58

Postby Noobsaibot » 11 May 2011, 21:53

Gaseous Snake wrote:TDU2 was awful, which was a shame, because the original was (and is) the best racing game I've ever played. And for that, I say;

Sack the lot!

Or, alternatively;

Double their wages!

In fact;

Split the guys up, and do one of the above for each group!

That'll make them make a good game.

Okay, maybe it won't, but you get my point.

Agreed to an extent. TDU2 is definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I'm very sure it was down to Atari rushing it out but, considering that it was already delayed a couple of times, it looks entirely like incompetence from the devs.
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby Ais4Audi » 12 May 2011, 08:41

Thats the problem when you release a game without test time and rely on the world to do it for you free then patch later... It was a shocking game, missed opertunity and its not a surprice most are loosing there jobs as they have killed the serries now.
Ah, your brother is away, so she's sinking your fangs into you, Naota. Fondling around, fooling around! Fooly Cooly!!!
Ais4Audi 19

Xbox Live: ais4audi
PSN ID: ais4audi

Postby clayf1ghter » 12 May 2011, 09:02

I like it put about 40 hours in so far though unfortunatly I own it on the ps3 and have just about exhausted everything you can do in single player, damn you psn!!
clayf1ghter 46

Postby sonic_uk » 12 May 2011, 14:32

The first game was brilliant, the second game would have been if there were more cars (including getting the licence for Lamborghini to be in the game) and more to actually do. There are a list of daft design decisions as long as my arm and the case was not helped when the hackers got their dirty cheating little hands on it and spoilt it for everyone at launch. The poor QA testing didn't help either, nor did MS/Sony's utter contempt at releasing the patch a month after it was submitted to them (some games have patches released on day one). All in all a great shame for a game that held so much promise but failed to deliver for some reasons both in and out of Eden/Atari's control.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56