World of Warcraft to get more frequent expansions

Your comments on our articles.

Activision speeds up development in response to players' increased skill levels

World of Warcraft players can look forward to more frequent updates and expansions for their favourite MMO in future.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Imaduck » 10 May 2011, 00:46

Yup, got to be because of players yeah? Nothing to do with money? :roll:
Imaduck 58

Postby AegisK » 10 May 2011, 00:56

Using the drug dealer euphemism:

Activision the Don demands that Blizzard the Dealer sell more crack on the streets more often because addicts are becoming resistant to the drug, so The Don invests a large sum of money to make more rocks to fuel habit and make more money.

That is essentially what the article is saying, so if you had read this first you could have saved yourself some time.
AegisK 36

Re: World of Warcraft to get more frequent expansions

Postby almanac2015 » 10 May 2011, 01:09

Bullshit. Bullshit, Bullshit. I haven't played WoW in a month (pesky exams getting in the way of Azeroth) but last I heard a new Raid didn't make it into Patch 4.1 (Raids pretty much always come out in a major patch) because players weren't getting through the new content fast enough.

I'm all for more WoW expansions. Well, I'm not hugely fussed in reality. But they could come up with a better reason than an obvious lie. They want more money. They can't think of any stories that will last two years.

EuroGamer Article to back up my opinion.
PSN: threepy
almanac2015 61

PSN ID: threepy

Postby groble » 10 May 2011, 01:41

I can picture it now "Hey Blizzard you know all those millions you're bringing in for us? make more!"
groble 27

Postby only_777 » 10 May 2011, 09:19

Imaduck wrote:Yup, got to be because of players yeah? Nothing to do with money? :roll:

The updates are free :roll:
The famous Dodgy Kebaab Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/dodgykebaab
only_777 62

Postby pRM8 » 10 May 2011, 09:50

Faster goddamnit, faster!!

Avoiding Destruction Since 1982...
The CVG Player strikes again!
pRM8 61

Postby only_777 » 10 May 2011, 09:58

almanac2015 wrote:Bullshit. Bullshit, Bullshit. I haven't played WoW in a month (pesky exams getting in the way of Azeroth) but last I heard a new Raid didn't make it into Patch 4.1 (Raids pretty much always come out in a major patch) because players weren't getting through the new content fast enough.

I'm all for more WoW expansions. Well, I'm not hugely fussed in reality. But they could come up with a better reason than an obvious lie. They want more money. They can't think of any stories that will last two years.

EuroGamer Article to back up my opinion.

You were given bad infomation, there is a new raid in 4.1, it's just not firelands.

Read the patch notes of 4.1 here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_4.1.0
only_777 62

Postby squatch » 10 May 2011, 10:09

In other words ''We arent making as much from WoW anymore, we need more expansions for our players to buy''
squatch 49

Postby ricflair » 10 May 2011, 10:21

only_777 wrote:
Imaduck wrote:Yup, got to be because of players yeah? Nothing to do with money? :roll:

The updates are free :roll:

But the expansions aren't are they, which is part what they're talking about.

I'd expect some stuff for free if I was paying a sub.
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby only_777 » 10 May 2011, 10:22

squatch wrote:In other words ''We arent making as much from WoW anymore, we need more expansions for our players to buy''

No, actually it's a response to the rage vented by top level players after patch 4.1 didn't deliver a top level raid dungeon but did make a lower end raid instance. Blizzard said that Firelands wasn't ready to launch.
only_777 62

Postby squatch » 10 May 2011, 10:28

In other news, Blizzard has announced a drop in subscriptions for WoW.
Then this news.

Coincidence much? I think not...
squatch 49

Postby spamtin » 10 May 2011, 11:28

I was one of the ones who bought cataclysm after being nearly out of wow for a year, and after a month or 2 theres nothing to do already cancelled again back in march the whole wow design has failed now and its being developed by a "B" team with a couple of experienced the "AAA" team is beavering away on titan.
You could quit wow today (save 5 months subscription buy some other better game or visit outside) replay in 5 months and catch up gear wise within a week or 2.
Not worth bothering with anymore imho.

Funny how blizzard just re-invited me back for a free week aswell, no thanks blizzard patch 4.1 looks craptastic doing the rehashed crap i did years ago pass firelands might have tempted me to have a look but after 2-3 weeks that would be a snorefest aswell.

The poster above is right subscriptions must be well down off the veterans of ye oldie wow, hence this stupid investor statement that there going to bring the expansions forward, and if there anything like the cut down cataclysm with only 5 levels instead of 10 and not a lot of new content they can go jump :).
spamtin 50

Postby STEVONYMO » 10 May 2011, 11:41

I too dropped WOW recently because I got fed up of sitting around with nothing to do but constantly run the same dungeons. Lots of my friends have dropped it as well and I smell the end on the horizon for this once great game. I guess they know that and that is why Titan is being worked on.
It was great in its day but WOW now smells a bit bad and is getting crusty around the edges.
STEVONYMO 39

Postby Laughlyn » 10 May 2011, 12:44

So an overhyped shallow game is gonna get more overhyped and shallow thanks to activison milking what they can from it. Its got s*** all to do with teh players levels and more to do with their profits, simple. they cant quite get to charging subs for CoD so lets leak out what we canfrom WoW.
I'll stick to Eve Online thanks. A far better MMO and a far better dev company
Laughlyn 55

Postby almanac2015 » 10 May 2011, 21:20

only_777 wrote:You were given bad infomation, there is a new raid in 4.1, it's just not firelands.

From what I see there are two more 5 man Heroic Dungeons being added. Am I being dense and missing something?
PSN: threepy
almanac2015 61

PSN ID: threepy