to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dragon Age: Origins serves suffer 'unidentified failure'

Your comments on our articles.

Players hindered by errors over the weekend, BioWare searching for the reason why

BioWare has held its hands up and admitted it has no idea why the Dragon Age: Origins servers ran into widespread issues over the weekend, but is working on it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Rise_ofthe_Mike » 12 Apr 2011, 23:47

I was having trouble logging into my cereberus account on ME2 for 360 yesterday. Wonder if it's connected in some way?
Rise_ofthe_Mike 32

Postby newsinthefield » 12 Apr 2011, 23:48

Skynet...

It begins.
"So says Mr. Stewart."
newsinthefield 31

Re: Dragon Age: Origins serves suffer 'unidentified failure'

Postby shadowsblaze » 13 Apr 2011, 18:21

"As BioWare explains: "Over the April 9, 2011 weekend, some of our Dragon Age: Origins content servers experienced an as yet unidentified failure."

"As a result, users began to experience error messages when attempting to access their downloadable content, indicating that the DLC was unauthorized," it added, saying, "We apologize for the inconvenience and are currently investigating and working to resolve the issue on our end.""

It wasn't just Dragon Age: Origins. Mass Effect 2 on the 360 had the same issues - would not recognise the download packs on the hard drive and refused to load my saved games as a result. Managed to overcome that particular problem by disabling the EA auto log on feature in the options menu and rebooting. As long as you don't automatically log in to the EA server network when you start the game, you're fine.
shadowsblaze 55