to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

WWE All Stars gameplay: Kane vs. Andre The Giant

Your comments on our articles.

Full match-up from the 'Big Man' class

THQ's released a new WWE All Stars gameplay video showing off two wrestlers from the game's 'Big Man' category going at it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby BenJy » 28 Mar 2011, 15:22

This game looks pure jokes! :mrgreen:
"A man chooses, a slave obeys" - Andrew Ryan.
BenJy 50

Postby PandyBear » 28 Mar 2011, 15:25

Certainly looks fun to play, but im a bit unsure about how "arcadey" the controls are. Are they simple Press direction and O to do a grapple move, or more SvsR direction + O, followed by yet a sub-menu direction + O. Also, any words on match types, blood and a create a superstar? :3
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear

Re: WWE All Stars gameplay: Kane vs. Andre The Giant

Postby ensabahnur » 28 Mar 2011, 15:35

PandyBear wrote:Certainly looks fun to play, but im a bit unsure about how "arcadey" the controls are. Are they simple Press direction and O to do a grapple move, or more SvsR direction + O, followed by yet a sub-menu direction + O. Also, any words on match types, blood and a create a superstar? :3
The demo's came out on PSN and Xbox Live last week so if your online you can find out yourself, but i'll save you the bother of downloading them by telling you they're shite! Dodgy controls and what feels like a random whoever hits first detector. Plus, even though its wrestling, it just too OTT.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby rudewon » 28 Mar 2011, 15:43

The demos on XBL now not sure about PSN. the controls are a let down or maybe I need to play it abit more. Y= strong grapple, X = quick grapple etc
rudewon 20

Postby allygray69 » 28 Mar 2011, 16:45

ensabahnur wrote:
PandyBear wrote:Certainly looks fun to play, but im a bit unsure about how "arcadey" the controls are. Are they simple Press direction and O to do a grapple move, or more SvsR direction + O, followed by yet a sub-menu direction + O. Also, any words on match types, blood and a create a superstar? :3
The demo's came out on PSN and Xbox Live last week so if your online you can find out yourself, but i'll save you the bother of downloading them by telling you they're shite! Dodgy controls and what feels like a random whoever hits first detector. Plus, even though its wrestling, it just too OTT.

downloaded and quickly deleted, awful awful game. Funny how they have made all the wrestlers look like cartoon super heros with the over the top pumped up muscles. Plus the moves r hilarious, they bounce up and down like they r fighting on a trampoline.
allygray69 57

Xbox Live: GrandTheftAlly
PSN ID: GrandTheftAli
Steam: allygray69

Postby Bright-Light » 28 Mar 2011, 17:29

I was really looking forward to this. But downloaded the demo at the weekend, and i must say it is one of the worst games i have ever played. The last WWE Legends (i think thats what it was called) was really good, but this is pure s**t.
Bright-Light 47

Postby Wakacha » 28 Mar 2011, 17:50

I thoroughly enjoyed the demo. The controls seemed fine for the most part the only problem I had with them was the counter, even though I (as far as I'm concerned) was on time it just didn't work half time. Maybe it has a very small window, I don't know.

Plus I kinda forgiving it for the problems I had with it when I launched Mysterio in the air, air juggled him for a bit and ended it with a powerslam. It was glorious.
"If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport." - Anonymous
Wakacha 48

Postby HITMANBAZZA » 28 Mar 2011, 18:19

I have played the demo and I enjoyed it!
Much better than LOW and far better than SVR2011!
I for one will be getting this on day 1!
HITMANBAZZA 29

Postby Henbonda » 28 Mar 2011, 18:33

Did I just see kane throw andre the giant up in the air and volley him out the ring!? this looks awful n a was gonna buy it but a dont think i'll bother now
Henbonda 19

PSN ID: Henbonda