to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Halo composer would 'love to score movie'

Your comments on our articles.

'But it's unlikely Hollywood would come knocking' says Marty O'Donnell

Halo composer Marty O'Donnell would "certainly answer the phone" if somebody came to him asking for his services on a movie adaptation, he's said.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby StonecoldMC » 24 Mar 2011, 11:47

Halo has some of the best and most iconic scores in Gaming, I would say its a no brainer that Marty M could make the trasition to Hollywood movies.

When MS finally do greenlight the Halo movie, if Marty isnt doing the score for it, saying I would be miffed would be putting it mildly!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby c3dpo » 24 Mar 2011, 11:49

Dude is a f**king legend!!!!

Pure kudos for every track, I bought them all legit for once!!!!!

Marty Rocks
c3dpo 35

Re: Halo composer would 'love to score movie'

Postby Kroll_GB » 24 Mar 2011, 11:56

I'd be a little surprised if he turned that gig down.
Kroll_GB 33

Postby TimHotston » 24 Mar 2011, 11:58

"I would be surprised," he continued. "I feel like, knowing Hollywood just a little bit, they would most likely say, 'We have to have a tried and true Hollywood composer' and 'These themes are appropriate for games but not appropriate for movies.' Or something like that.

He's right they'll pick someone whose a "BIG" name to help sell the film, depite him composing the actual games...

Last year Microsoft was adamant that there will be a Halo movie at some point, even if the platform holder has to fund it itself.

That would make it more interesting, then Microsoft would make sure it had all the nessary TLC; as they would.hopefully take the film seriously so that it doesnt end up up like a Uwe Boll film :oops:
TimHotston 45

Postby altitude2k » 24 Mar 2011, 12:28

I find it hard to imagine a Halo score without Marty. His work on Halo Legends was absolutely astonishing - I can't believe that anyone would disagree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9aBi52CCWU

If Microsoft were funding it, I imagine there would be a better chance of it happening, but he's right - Hollywood just aren't risk-takers, they like to stick with what they know.
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby c3dpo » 31 Jan 2012, 16:21

Agreed all above, Marty O'D is the music master in videogames, throughout history IMO!

Only album I've actually paid for in years (yes every halo soundtrack)!!!!!!

I would deffintely be forced to pirate the halo movie if Marty wasn't behind the score! ;)
c3dpo 35