to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Crysis 2 review: Your questions answered

Your comments on our articles.

We tackle your specific enquiries

As you've probably seen, CVG's Crysis 2 review is now in - and we're quite the fans of Crytek's gorgeous (if occasionally bewildering) shooter. But what of your specific enquiries about the game? Here. We. Go.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby flowerday11 » 22 Mar 2011, 17:55

i recently read that the makers of timesplitters , freeradical, now work at crytek?! this news got my boxer's slightly moist but what i want to know is did they actually have anything to do with this game?

It doesn't look like it, just looks like another COD clone.
Be excellent to each other.
flowerday11 33

Xbox Live: doing_this_for_jesus

Postby Nightmare » 22 Mar 2011, 17:57

I don't know about you guys, but i'm really impressed that CVG listened to the community and answered the questions posted on an individual basis. Much appreciated.
Nightmare 39

Postby Nick33 » 22 Mar 2011, 18:01

You are quoted as saying this is the best looking console game in the launch Crysis 2 trailer, and you say here it looks better on 360. So you are saying 360 has a game that looks better than Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3. I don't belive that to be honest. There is nothing I have seen in Crysis 2 on consoles that looks better than the amount of crap going on in Killzone 3 with a silky smooth frame rate. Digital Foundry and others have said there are frame rate problems in the console versions of Crysis 2, one guy was so upset he said COD4 looked better than Crysis 2.

I'm just saying your comments about it being the best looking game ever on consoles is more hyperbole and lies, you shouldn't do it. It has nice lighting, that's about it.
Nick33 27

Re: Crysis 2 review: Your questions answered

Postby Tivan » 22 Mar 2011, 18:02

@ flowerday11 - Free Radical is now Crytek UK and the studio worked on the game's multiplayer component - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/29 ... rs-values/
Tivan
CVG Staff

Postby Nick33 » 22 Mar 2011, 18:04

flowerday11 wrote:i recently read that the makers of timesplitters , freeradical, now work at crytek?! this news got my boxer's slightly moist but what i want to know is did they actually have anything to do with this game?

It doesn't look like it, just looks like another COD clone.

They made the multiplayer, and Haze. So yeah...awesome :/
Nick33 27

Postby StonecoldMC » 22 Mar 2011, 18:05

Nick33 wrote:You are quoted as saying this is the best looking console game in the launch Crysis 2 trailer, and you say here it looks better on 360. So you are saying 360 has a game that looks better than Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3. I don't belive that to be honest. There is nothing I have seen in Crysis 2 on consoles that looks better than the amount of crap going on in Killzone 3 with a silky smooth frame rate. Digital Foundry and others have said there are frame rate problems in the console versions of Crysis 2, one guy was so upset he said COD4 looked better than Crysis 2.

I'm just saying your comments about it being the best looking game ever on consoles is more hyperbole and lies, you shouldn't do it. It has nice lighting, that's about it.

:lol:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Nightmare » 22 Mar 2011, 18:07

^ Played it before friday? check you out
Nightmare 39

Postby rustym » 22 Mar 2011, 18:23

Thanks for the mention and glad you cleared up 360 v ps3 debate, as long as ps3 version is not ugly compared (cough red dead) im ok with ps3 not being quite as good but leads me to think they didnt get to use all ps3's abilities if it doesnt outshine 360, uncharted 2, god of war 3 and killzone 2 and 3 are stunning games that show that ps3 has more raw power than 360 when used propperly, looks like crytek sh*t out on ps3 to me
rustym 29

Postby aawells07 » 22 Mar 2011, 18:41

@Nick33
lmao man o man ur what people online call people a "try hard" lol. I read an article on down the list of the main page and then saw ur comments which are funny and then everyone else responding to ur comments by saying "dont take this troll seriously" and pretty much laughing at you and i agree with them then i read this one and just knew you would be on here all upset and sad and bygolly there you are poor fella...... :lol:

Anyway the game is amazing and has a real sense of atmosphere and the sound is great just an all around great game well done Crytek
aawells07 43

Xbox Live: AAWELLS09
PSN ID: AAWELLS09
Steam: Exiled Torment

Postby blagger » 22 Mar 2011, 18:47

Nick33 is in epic pain over the high quality graphics.

So what if it looks better than killzone 3, it's still going to look great on ps3 as well.
blagger 55

Postby Dandelion » 22 Mar 2011, 18:52

It's not a COD clone because you can move left or right instead of just forward :mrgreen:
Dandelion 39

Postby kirankara » 22 Mar 2011, 18:57

Nick33 wrote:You are quoted as saying this is the best looking console game in the launch Crysis 2 trailer, and you say here it looks better on 360. So you are saying 360 has a game that looks better than Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3. I don't belive that to be honest. There is nothing I have seen in Crysis 2 on consoles that looks better than the amount of crap going on in Killzone 3 with a silky smooth frame rate. Digital Foundry and others have said there are frame rate problems in the console versions of Crysis 2, one guy was so upset he said COD4 looked better than Crysis 2.

cant say i think its better technically or artistically than kz3, but its still bloody good looking on both consoles, and they both have own unique artistic style, and thus hard to say which is better looking other than from perspective of own personal style preference. Kz3 is almost cartoon -esque , whilst crysis 2 goes for realism and is mainly hit rather than miss. I do think if instead of going for real time global lighting, theyd just used baked on lighting, then we might have a better looking game. They seemed to over reach on consoles.
kirankara 57

Postby ricflair » 22 Mar 2011, 19:18

I'm pretty sure that CVG quote came from last year when they looked at an early build.

Not that that idiot is really worth replying to.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby craiglackenby » 22 Mar 2011, 19:18

Okay... Thanks for the shout out and answering my main question, although I do agree this is will be the best looking multi plat as well as best looking 360 game, I just don't think technically it beats a Sony exclusive... but that's just my opinion.

I will take back most of the things I said about Crytek as they seem to have pulled it out of the bag and done a good job on the consoles. I'd be surprised if you even notice a difference while playing the game.

Can't wait until Friday... I would of pre-ordered but Game (or Royal Mail) still hasn't delivered Homefront, luckily I had the spare cash to buy another one. The only thing is I have to wait 15 days before it's classed as lost post so I can me money back :(
craiglackenby 45

Postby Rise_ofthe_Mike » 22 Mar 2011, 19:36

Okay, a couple questions...

First, is it graphically better on PS3 or 360?? Because I thought the smokier darker look of the PS3 was cooler than the almost to bright to see the clouds look on the 360. Also, is it better looking than KZ3?? You said it's a lot better looking than many other shooters out there...many other shooters doesn't mean all...and considering KZ3 is the best looking game out to date, one can assume that it's not as good as KZ3, right? I'm very interested in this and the way you guy's worded it...well, doesn't really answer the question.
Rise_ofthe_Mike 32

Next