Homefront: Review round-up

Your comments on our articles.

The scores on the doors

The vast majority of the world's Homefront review scores are now in - and make for interesting reading material.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Homefront: Review round-up

Postby fitterthanmost » 18 Mar 2011, 19:05

"UK lads' mag Zoo plumped for the highest rating of any major UK outlet - although its praise-filled 9/10 verdict was matched by Official PlayStation Italy."

ok so what did the sun newspaper rate this game? and what about Gardeners weekly did they rate this game too??

please CVG this game is crap stop trying to force feed this to the buying public, consumers deserve more from game sites instead you try to lead us down dark alleys,

we always pick up the pieces after with bugs patches and expensive DLC that should have been there from the start. fallout new vegas should never been allowed to have been sold at all!

this site suks
**REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH SALT**
fitterthanmost 33

Xbox Live: LONDONVILLAN

Re: Homefront: Review round-up

Postby Killermancarro » 18 Mar 2011, 19:22

@fitterthanmost you suck, and your boring. go away.

no worries cvg i got your back!

watched the first 10 mins last night, looks pretty cool. even though connor looks/sounds like could get a little tidious...
Killermancarro 46

Postby fitterthanmost » 18 Mar 2011, 19:39

Killermancarro wrote:@fitterthanmost you suck, and your boring. go away.

no worries cvg i got your back!

watched the first 10 mins last night, looks pretty cool. even though connor looks/sounds like could get a little tidious...

you sound like you work for CVG you c@£k
fitterthanmost 33

Postby Mental » 18 Mar 2011, 19:51

@fitterthanmost, wtf is your problem? Man, even your username makes you sound like a dick.

Anyway, I rented the game today (didn't want to buy it because of its short play time) and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There are some cool set pieces, but if you are tired of shooters this probably won't cure that because it is a hell of a lot like CoD.
Mental 35

Postby fitterthanmost » 18 Mar 2011, 19:57

Mental wrote:@fitterthanmost, wtf is your problem? Man, even your username makes you sound like a dick.

Anyway, I rented the game today (didn't want to buy it because of its short play time) and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There are some cool set pieces, but if you are tired of shooters this probably won't cure that because it is a hell of a lot like CoD.

and your name is?
fitterthanmost 33

Postby wasted-again » 18 Mar 2011, 20:07

@fitterthanmost, wtf is your problem? Man, even your username makes you sound like a dick.

Funny, I thought it said "fatterthanmost".
wasted-again 33

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 18 Mar 2011, 20:29

I thought it said 'fathammerpost' tbh
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby JammyJames » 18 Mar 2011, 21:30

To bring the article back on topic you big bunch of bellends :D

I finished the campaign earlier and was pretty impressed to be honest, good gameplay, engaging story, BUT, my only downside was the A.I was a bit dippy at times and it was far too short.
Trying the multiplayer now and it's very good, very similar to battlefield with a whiff of COD thrown in. So if you're a fan of either franchise, you should find something for your liking.
JammyJames 44

PSN ID: BIGJ99

Postby azz72 » 18 Mar 2011, 22:22

Got it this morning and only played bout 45min but quite impressed so far,I'd recommend it.
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza Horizon 2,AC Unity
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD
PC:Asseto corsa,Football Manager
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 52

Xbox Live: timson72

Postby extracurricular » 18 Mar 2011, 22:38

just done the first two levels, really enjoying it.

unfortunately it keeps saying the server is down on the multiplayer so i havent been able to try that yet :?
extracurricular 34

Postby alan666 » 19 Mar 2011, 00:10

i bet writing the reviews took longer than playing through the single player campaign :roll:
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby skidpro » 19 Mar 2011, 01:12

If I bought this on PS3 I wouldnt complain too much...BUT I got it for my xbox this time and hell, Wish I bought the PS3 version, when you pay £40 a year and cannot get onine due to errors created by no beacon and THE HOMEFRONT SERVERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT PLEASE TRY LATER....I go back to Killzone 3, is it me or do devs do half baked online games these days and then release patches all the goddamn time to fix their mistakes, gone are the days are total recall of faulty game discs or errors.......
skidpro 20

Xbox Live: Skidpro
PSN ID: skidpro
Steam: skidpro

Postby craiglackenby » 19 Mar 2011, 01:21

I'm enjoying single player and multi player and I'm really shallow when it comes to games with s**t graphics, HF hasn't been to much of a problem. It is a fuckin' jag-fest though and that can get distracting in parts. Some scenes in the game you would be mistaken it was cell shaded.

I'd recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty if your used to FPS' as normal is like easy. Also you get 2 trophies per chapter too.
craiglackenby 46

Postby The_KFD_Case » 19 Mar 2011, 01:41

I think Fitterthanmost has a valid observation. This whole Homefront business seems to be milked thin by CVG this week. Short on worthy games news material, CVG? I have noticed that this website seems to have taken a turn for the worse in regards to sensationalistic "journalism" over the past year, in so far as my perception goes. A shame really.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby The_KFD_Case » 19 Mar 2011, 01:41

alan666 wrote:i bet writing the reviews took longer than playing through the single player campaign :roll:

:lol:
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Next