to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Next Fable will 'amaze' gamers - Molyneux

Your comments on our articles.

Update: BAFTA Fellow admits Fable 3 wasn't "up-to-date"

Update: To be 100% clear, Peter did NOT announce or refer to "Fable 4" at any stage during CVG's interview, but discussed his ambitions for the next step in the franchise. Things be getting twisted.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby rockstarsean » 18 Mar 2011, 12:47

Oh come on Pete, really?
rockstarsean 36

PSN ID: rockstarsean

Re: Next Fable will 'amaze' gamers - Molyneux

Postby altitude2k » 18 Mar 2011, 12:48

It's not as if Pete has been known to over-promise before.
altitude2k 64

Xbox Live: aLTiTuDe
PSN ID: altitude2k
Steam: altitude2k

Postby unacomn » 18 Mar 2011, 12:49

No. No, just no. No, you don't have the right to hype your games anymore, let alone a Fable game.

Speaking of which, how's about another Theme Hospital, or even a The Movies 2?
unacomn 38

Postby jtake9 » 18 Mar 2011, 12:49

"we're going to make something that stands head and shoulders up with anybody else out there"

Please let this mean they are making Black and White 2 so i can once again use my leash to bring my creature to my deity.
jtake9 25

Postby Vantigard2S » 18 Mar 2011, 12:52

Something tells me he might be lying...
Vantigard2S 2
New user

Postby jonbwfc » 18 Mar 2011, 12:52

He just can't help himself can he? <shakes head>
jonbwfc 58

Postby MattyR95 » 18 Mar 2011, 12:52

He has probably said the same about every fable game and only the first one was any good (IMO).
MattyR95 54

Postby ricflair » 18 Mar 2011, 12:55

The headline's a tad misleading. Although I actually think alot of the guy, so maybe I'm biased.

"I have a very clear idea where Fable will go in the future. Trying to be diplomatic, I think that whatever we do next with Fable, we should just amaze people with the quality."

Saying they should amaze gamers with the quality is a bit different from saying it will amaze gamers.

I still haven't picked up Fable 3 after reading how short it was. Fable 2 is one of my favourite games this gen though.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby zombiesinmyhead » 18 Mar 2011, 12:56

He's preparing his climb-down early!

I think he gets off on it. He must be into public humiliation and some pretty twisted stuff I don't even know about! Or want to, for that matter...
"A widespread investigation of funeral homes, morgues, and hospitals has concluded that the unburied dead have been returning to life and seeking human victims. It's hard for us here to be reporting this to you, but it does seem to be a fact."
zombiesinmyhead 46

Postby Black Mantis » 18 Mar 2011, 12:59

ricflair wrote:The headline's a tad misleading. Although I actually think alot of the guy, so maybe I'm biased.

"I have a very clear idea where Fable will go in the future. Trying to be diplomatic, I think that whatever we do next with Fable, we should just amaze people with the quality."

Saying they should amaze gamers with the quality is a bit different from saying it will amaze gamers.

I still haven't picked up Fable 3 after reading how short it was. Fable 2 is one of my favourite games this gen though.

The title's definitely misleading. You should pick up Fable 3 if you liked Fable 2 that much, I personally think it's better and lasted me longer as well. Must be pretty cheap in places too.
Black Mantis 67

Postby StonecoldMC » 18 Mar 2011, 13:00

ricflair wrote:The headline's a tad misleading. Although I actually think alot of the guy, so maybe I'm biased.

Nail. On. The. Head*.

*Apart from not having picked up Fable 3 :lol:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby spam23 » 18 Mar 2011, 13:04

Just don't shove a load of untested experimental features together and call it a game. Make it possible to lose a fight, there's no sense of accomplishment by successfully pressing a button 20 times. Don't promise things you can't deliver. Make sure you don't release a game that can leave you floating in the sky unable to move after fifteen hours of questing. If you stick with having weapons that change based on what you kill, don't make 80% of the enemies in the game skeletons, or everyone will end up with the same 'uniquely' morphed weapons again.

Listen up Molyneux you creative dick.
If you feel affected by any of the issues raised in the above post please contact GFWL and tell them they suck.
Joined CVG 16th Feb 2001
spam23 51

Xbox Live: Xen Withanex
PSN ID: luttman23
Steam: luttman23

Postby Imaduck » 18 Mar 2011, 13:10

Fable 3 is actually possibly longer campaign-wise than 2. The story is pretty cool to my mind, I enjoyed it. Overall, I'd say there isn't as much to do, but there's still a lot and some great DLC. Not as good as 2 but still really good, does some things better than 2.

Looking forward to the next Fable. I honestly don't give a f**k about the haters. He aims really high, normally gets pretty close and delivers a really great game. Unique style, unique and beautfiul world, great humour and characters. Count me in.
Imaduck 58

Postby r0zm4n » 18 Mar 2011, 13:10

It's not the technical side that's the problem, it's pretty enough and the mechanics work fantastically well. What 2 had that 3 didn't was true character. You *cared* in 2, 3 crashed the World you'd come to know after a depressingly short period of time and trudged on through an awkwardly implemented latter phase at the expense of all that makes the fable series great (character, spectacle and humour).

Make the next one double the length and if you kill the damn dog I will eat this Ipad and phone I found *cough* :D
r0zm4n 40

Postby chubster2010 » 18 Mar 2011, 13:18

"If we go on, we're not just going to make another Fable, we're going to make something that stands head and shoulders up with anybody else out there - the best of the best - in terms of its technology, its drama and its storytelling."

Oh Peter...will you never learn?

Someone at Lionhead needs to buy a cork that is roughly the same size as Pete's mouth.

I mean, the guy is obviously an important figure, but he really doesn't do his studio - or his games - any favours with quotes like this.
Last edited by chubster2010 on 18 Mar 2011, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
chubster2010 27

Next