The First Templar: God of War meets Assassin's Creed?

Your comments on our articles.

Should Ubisoft be looking over its shoulder?

This is the second game we've looked at this issue whose very title sets bells ringing and makes Ubisoft look over their shoulders, but The First Templar is more of a traditional hack-'n'-slasher than any of the jaunts enjoyed by Desmond's ancestors.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The First Templar: God of War meets Assassin's Creed?

Postby craiglackenby » 12 Mar 2011, 19:06

Most of them environments look sterile to me but I'm not going to write it off because of that. We''l have to see what the meta score is.
craiglackenby 45

Re: The First Templar: God of War meets Assassin's Creed?

Postby Zanasea » 12 Mar 2011, 20:11

Sterile? At least it looks better than Dragon Age 2. I saw the game at Gamescom last year and it looked decent. I may try it out when it releases.
Zanasea 24

Postby Marlonjb » 12 Mar 2011, 20:34

Interest faded for this as soon as I saw the term "Co op" I'll give it a much closer look before it's released.
If people are talking behind your back it's only because they cant talk to your face. PS3, Xbox360 Elite and Wii Owner so the lame ass "Fanboy" BS wont work on me. Do not bother!
Marlonjb 38

Postby orgasmatron » 12 Mar 2011, 20:49

When I saw the trailer it looked almost identical to AC. But that was the trailer. It even has the same jump. But it's more fantasy with some "monsters" or what it supposed to be. Too bad they don't make it for ps3 'cause my computer lacks too much of the system requirements. If they make it to ps3 I buy it.
orgasmatron 31

Postby The_KFD_Case » 13 Mar 2011, 14:12

This game piqued my interest a while back. Graphically it doesn't look set to break new ground, yet it looks decent IMO. What I'm far more interested in is how the story, voice work, and combat/movement controls pan out. I'm cautiously optimistic.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby Imaduck » 14 Mar 2011, 00:07

I may be wrong, but I was pretty sure I saw an IGN preview of this and it was an absolute mess. Not that I trust IGN, but when you see it in video form there's no hiding.
Imaduck 58

Postby jimbob555 » 14 Mar 2011, 19:37

I believe IGN did a quick preview of it and they said it was mega broken. They said it was still in dev but just everything about it felt broke.
jimbob555 69

Postby solamon77 » 15 Mar 2011, 05:04

I for one am looking forward to this. I'm always like the idea of a God of War-ish game featuring co-op. I'm sure reviews are going to be hard on The First Templar, but as usual, they will be comparing it to games with 3 times the budget, and it's publisher doesn't have massive advertisement dollars invested in their magazine/website (am I suggesting some sources might be biased? :wink:).
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77