to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

FIFA 12: 'It's a huge challenge'

Your comments on our articles.

Analysing FIFA 11 and the future of football games...

FIFA 11 has sold over three million copies in the UK alone - out performing its nearest rival, PES, by almost 10:1.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby BenThomasFoster » 26 Feb 2011, 21:50

PITCH CONDITION/DEFORMATION NOW IT'S A VITAL ASPECT OF MODERN GAME! and fix the bloody bugs with matchmaking
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby Blue Odeyssey » 26 Feb 2011, 21:58

I really don't understand Fifa, I absolutely love the game for the first 4 months but after this honeymoon period I find it just gets frustrating, perhaps it is just me overplaying it but its the same with every iteration. Not that im complaining, 4 months is more than you get with most games.

Certainly looking forward to Fifa 12 just hope they change the button layout so change player isn't the same button as chip shot.
Blue Odeyssey 30

Re: FIFA 12: 'It's a huge challenge'

Postby chronicwombat » 27 Feb 2011, 00:42

im glad to hear them talking about the "hardcore" of fifa fans, of which i am one. but i think its important to just mention something about their reference to hardcore just in case people who dont play fifa too much see that and think they mean the usual definition of "hardcore gamer". a lot of members of dedicated fifa sites would come into ea's definition of hardcore fifa player, but a lot of them, from my experience are not big 'gamers'. we are talking a lot of people here who are 'hardcore' about football and find that fifa is the best recreation of the game that they (and i) love. a lot of my friends list, mainly people from fifa gaming sites, will only play fifa and play it religiously day in and day out, hardly playing any other game.

i think this is an important distinction to make because of what ea are saying. its not just people who are into the challenge of games who want fifa made harder, its people who just love the sprt of football and want to see as realistic a game as possible. they've nailed so much of it they just need the balls to keep upping the realism (and by that i dont mean adding s**tty player stories to manager mode). the "majority" that they are talking about are probably chavy idiots or 10 year olds. theres loads of em about unfortunatley :(

*sorry for those last couple of sentences* :P
chronicwombat 36

Postby Ellscore » 27 Feb 2011, 00:55

BenThomasFoster wrote:PITCH CONDITION/DEFORMATION NOW IT'S A VITAL ASPECT OF MODERN GAME! and fix the bloody bugs with matchmaking

Not totally convinced on that one.
Ellscore 35

Postby halfaworldaway » 27 Feb 2011, 03:09

FIFA 11 was a disaster, drastically changed from FIFA 10 gameplay, where no matter how hard you try to pass the ball it will not go where you want it to go, team mates deliberately running the opposite direction to where you would expect them to go, not finding space, poor presentation and no proper manager mode.

On the other hand EA made a stellar game for the World Cup, a game with a fantastic online mode, "Online World Cup" and also the separate online leagues was genius, Gameplay was perfect, I could play as Northern Ireland and still beat the likes of Germany, England, Brazil & Spain depending on the player in control, on the other side i could loose easily to Kazakhstan, it was done to player skill in the end.

Needless to say i am still playing the World Cup game while FIFA11 gathers dust.

I have owned and played all fifa games since it was released in 1994 and FIFA 11 is by far one of the worst yet, only beaten bay the poor FIFA64, I will not be buying FIFA 12 unless i see some marked improvement.
halfaworldaway 7

Postby joemikey » 27 Feb 2011, 10:46

FIFA 11 is the best FIFA I've played for sure. The slower pace and the difficulty of keeping the ball gave me a greater sense of pleasure when I scored a goal. I always seem to get bored of FIFA within a few months, but it's different with this FIFA. I just hope they try and continue to develop this game to what it should be; the closest representation of football without making it unplayable.
joemikey 36

Postby rikkicm » 27 Feb 2011, 13:29

Here's an idea sort the onlien out, I have been able to finish 1 whole game with any others being kicked out '10 was better online wise for me becuase I could actually get on it. Plus the matchmaking is useless I have stopped even bothering with the online version becuase it is screwed
rikkicm 22

Postby sevvybgoode » 27 Feb 2011, 14:02

Better AI.. That is all.
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby fps_d0minat0r » 27 Feb 2011, 14:07

what they need is a new graphics engine.
even if you dont have 60 frames per sec, atleast dont make it drop below 30.
fps_d0minat0r 31

Postby hi0marc » 27 Feb 2011, 14:42

Get the manager mode to the best it should be.
Throw more stats at me. Sports fans adore stats.
Some more stadiums. I play in that bloody ivy ground 99% of the time atm.
hi0marc 41

Postby JFC2294 » 27 Feb 2011, 16:27

It wont if you can pass across goal like every does online and also
Give live season for free if you buy the game new
Fix the virtual pro cheating aka download someones save who has 100% accomplishments
A real career mode fifa 11 career mode is very basic and dull
A better rank system that gives you a bigger negative bones for going as one of the top teams
JFC2294 33

Xbox Live: JC2294
PSN ID: JFC2294
Steam: jj2294

Postby marcofarlio » 27 Feb 2011, 19:39

PItch condition is a good idea, playing at the DW Stadium should be life like and bobbly for example.

I have never understood how the lower star teams are always made weak, players like Akinbiyi could power off anybody, juts because they play lower league football doesn't make them weaker than Messi! Though this could be a main factor of making a good/poor team.

I just hate throw ins and the preassure in game is alright as it is, in fact it is fundamental for the game to even work!
marcofarlio 30

Xbox Live: Mark Farley

Postby Sleepaphobic » 27 Feb 2011, 20:30

Screw "making the game for everyone", that's just bs and the reason why Madden is also becoming a joke.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby Headsrinker » 28 Feb 2011, 11:21

halfaworldaway

FIFA 11 was a disaster, drastically changed from FIFA 10 gameplay, where no matter how hard you try to pass the ball it will not go where you want it to go, team mates deliberately running the opposite direction to where you would expect them to go, not finding space, poor presentation and no proper manager mode.

I own Fifa2010 and Fifa2011 and can 100% hand on heart say that 2011 was improved from the 2010 version. Your taking cr*p mate. It seems to me that you are: (a) rubbish at Fifa (b) rubbish at Fifa, and (c) you guessed it, RUBBISH AT FIFA
Headsrinker 49

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Postby Dr_Ungglebutter » 28 Feb 2011, 20:13

I've been a PES man all my life and usually dead against FIFA (apart from on the SNES) but i am seriously considering FIFA 12. From what I am constantly told 11 was superb. Maybe it'stime to stop being so stubburn and go for FIFA. That is unless the good men at Konami come up trumps. Here's hoping!

http://playitstation.blogspot.com
Dr_Ungglebutter 8

Next