to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The 3rd Birthday: A successful return for the cult classic?

Your comments on our articles.

The unsung heroine of PlayStation is back...

Christmas Eve, 2012. The Statue of Liberty lies in ruins. The streets of New York City are overrun with grotesque monsters called the Twisted.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The 3rd Birthday: A successful return for the cult classic?

Postby Sleepaphobic » 17 Feb 2011, 20:43

Holy crap this brings back memories.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Re: The 3rd Birthday: A successful return for the cult class

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 17 Feb 2011, 21:00

From the gameplay I've seen and from what people who have played it tell me, it certainly is in no way anything like PE1 and PE2, but it is still an enjoyable game in it's own right. It's just gone almost entirely third person shooter with extra elements to it. Still a shame as I'd have liked a proper sequel to the games. Must be one of the few game series in the world not stuck to a genre with each release. It's gone from a FF style RPG, to a Resident Evil type survival horror adventure game with magic, and finally to a handheld third person action role playing game. Second had to be my favourite. Enemies in that were downright creepy.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby judgecartman » 17 Feb 2011, 21:08

BIG HINT SCEE:-

Bring out PE #1 & #2 on PSN in time for "Third Birthdays" release!

I believe PE1 is available on the US PSN, & I'm aware PE2 never made the EU but they did similar with "Front Mission 3" when "Evolved" came out they're planning to release FF #1 & #2 simultaneously with "Dissidia 2" so . . .

COOOOMMMMMEEEEEE OOOOONNNNNN ! ! !
judgecartman 36

Postby WingZeroSys » 17 Feb 2011, 23:34

Parasite Eve was never released in the uk (along with Xenogears and Brave Fencer Musashi), but Parasite Eve 2 was.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 51

Postby FAUNA » 18 Feb 2011, 00:04

From a western gamer: PS3/360 CRYSTAL TOOLS TECH 'PARASITE EVE' PLEASE! With a JAPANESE VOICE TRACK OPTION. No more portable...
FAUNA 35

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 18 Feb 2011, 09:54

judgecartman wrote:BIG HINT SCEE:-

Bring out PE #1 & #2 on PSN in time for "Third Birthdays" release!

I believe PE1 is available on the US PSN, & I'm aware PE2 never made the EU but they did similar with "Front Mission 3" when "Evolved" came out they're planning to release FF #1 & #2 simultaneously with "Dissidia 2" so . . .

COOOOMMMMMEEEEEE OOOOONNNNNN ! ! !

Sorry bud you got that the wrong way round. The original parasite eve never made it to the UK. both of them are already available on the US PSN store anyway. Would be nice if they got a UK release but i dobt it'll happen. I'm just happy to know that Third Birthday is getting released.

Here's a bit of mindless trivia, Did you knwo that parasite eve is the sequel to a book. A rather good one too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parasite-Eve-Se ... 252&sr=1-1
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby PandyBear » 18 Feb 2011, 12:19

PE2 is by far one of my favouritest games ever. Would LOVE to see it released on UK Psn or get a HD remake/re-release :P
ShackTactical Grunt. Hooah debbledawg.
PandyBear 40

Xbox Live: P4NDYBEAR
PSN ID: Pandy_Bear

Postby feeg86 » 18 Feb 2011, 14:37

Neverr played the first 2 but looks like another Jap game that I'll never 'get'.

Being brutally honest, it looks like a PS2 game. She needs to put a jumper on 'n all.
feeg86 43

Postby LeonKILLER7 » 19 Feb 2011, 12:37

when that thing first appears i think shes gonna need a bigger gun lol
i loved pe2 i remember playing pe2 non stop and unlocking all the weapons and endings but wasnt pe1 meant to be rubbish?
In The Name Of Harman... (KILLER7)
Currently Playing:

360 = Alan Wake\Fallout 3
WII = New Super Mario\No more heroes 2
PS3 = Yakuza 3
Dreamcast = Shenmue 2
LeonKILLER7 44