to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sony, MS and Nintendo need to change business model - THQ

Your comments on our articles.

CEO Farrell calls for open systems that allow micro-transactions

THQ has called on Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to change their home console business strategy - and allow for microtransactions controlled by third-parties.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Domin666 » 17 Feb 2011, 13:53

THQ get real when u make a game worth playing I would buy it, not buying demo's of you get real.
Domin666 45

Postby subform » 17 Feb 2011, 13:56

SOD...................wait for it...

OFF!!

"whimper whimper...we want microtraaansaaaactions....."

"Why?"

"Because we need to make more money!!"

"Why, you charge forty sheets for a new game?"

"Yeah but we...sniff...we wannaa make more than we are now!!!"

"Why can you just sell this game to more people??"

"whiiine... because some people don't like our games, or think they are too short and they trade them in to GAME... WAAAAAAHH... that's OUR money!!!! An...an... an... for those people that DO like our games... we want to sell them HALF A GAME for forty pounds... and then... wuh wuh wuh we can then sell them more bits of the game over the weeks after launch and maybe make more than a hundred pounds per game sold!!"

"erm... why not just make a better game that takes longer than 6 hours to complete, that people like, will tell their friends to buy and will keep?"

[SILENCE]

I don't buy a car expecting to pay more for the steering wheel. I hate microtransactions
subform 46

Re: Sony, MS and Nintendo need to change business model - TH

Postby mfnick » 17 Feb 2011, 13:57

Domin666 wrote:THQ get real when u make a game worth playing I would buy it, not buying demo's of you get real.

Word to your mutha bruv!

Yo! THQ! Listen to this boy yo. He be talking that real shit. *Fist bump*
http://www.thirdschism.com/
mfnick 69

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 17 Feb 2011, 14:40

Ah Man that sucks. Yeah i want to pay more for games. not less. you're crazy THQ selling your games at a lower price point and then making up the deficit with extra content if the customer wants it. Thats absolutely insane.

I for one will never see the benefit of paying less for a game, and then if i enjoy it spending a little extra on some more content for it. eventually handing over my £40 noteworth only if i really enjoy it. No thank you!

I'd rather pay £40 for a game up front only to find that the last act of it is going to be DLC and the ending won't make any sense unless i buy it. This is what i want....

Come on People were you born retarded or just dropped on your heads as children.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 17 Feb 2011, 14:56

yes please milk me for everything I'm worth. Yes I want half games sold to me and I want to pay more for a short, awful game :roll:
Very_Silver_Ownz 49

Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Postby gmcb007 » 17 Feb 2011, 15:37

Theres only one thing worse than Activision and thats somebody trying to copy Activision. Its a shame these dicks own saints Row and Homefront which will more than likely be milked very badly THQ style :x
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby pmantis » 17 Feb 2011, 15:47

When thq makes a game worth paying more than a tenner for then they can have an opinion. Until then, shhh......
pmantis 32

Postby Athrun888 » 17 Feb 2011, 16:04

God I'm glad THQ don't make any good games, I'd hate to be a follower of their franchises with this sort of s**t. Dlc is a complete rippoff to begin with (90% of the time just being content chopped off the game to sell a week or two after launch), I will give up gaming completely if the business model became essentially "buy part of a game then buy dlc to finish it", take your business model and shove it up your backside THQ, dlc is bad enough when it takes away post-game content, last thing we need is this.
Athrun888 63

Postby Balladeer » 17 Feb 2011, 17:15

"Consumers are going to demand it..." Only if they've been consuming their own heads.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby jtthegame » 17 Feb 2011, 17:34

the way i am reading this is they want to make games cheaper which is a good thing and definetly different from a certian activions making them more expense or at least there milk of duty more expensive
jtthegame 35

Postby ACCESSALLAREAS » 17 Feb 2011, 22:35

I for one prefer buying full games. I'll give an example: I bought the standard version of Mass Effect 2 and loved it but didn't buy the Firepower Pack dlc. It might have enhanced the experience but because I had finished the game the initial buzz had gone.

With this proposed business model it would be like someone asking me every 5 minutes if I was having fun and wanted to spend a little more to continue. We've all come across borring levels in an otherwise great game and the question is would you pay to get through it so you could reach the better levels (if there are any to come)? I for one don't want to be entering my credit card details all the time, and it breaks tbe immersion factor.

Frankly I already think that DLC is often an excuse for cutting vital elements of a game (like Supreme Commander 2's Infinite War DLC- the units should have already been in the main game). So one has to wonder if the next business model is charging for in-game hours (or even by the minute). The 20 odd million buyers of Black Ops paying £30 each suggests a lot of people are happy with the way things are.
ACCESSALLAREAS 45

Postby Nollog » 21 Feb 2011, 10:08

It's hilarious because THQ have no idea why they can't make a profit.

Also,
Farrell warned that the 'big three' needed to evolve if they are to remain dominant.
LMAO.
hahahahhaha, Golly Gosh THQ. Golly Gosh.
Nollog 28