to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hitman 5: How to make it the best yet

Your comments on our articles.

Tell us what you want to see Agent 47 get up to...

Ask Square-Enix about Hitman 5 and they'll shake their heads frantically and deny any knowledge of it existing.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hitman 5: How to make it the best yet

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 16 Feb 2011, 22:22

what I want is a release date. Hitman is a underrated series and deserves more.

RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ALREADY !!!
Very_Silver_Ownz 49

Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Re: Hitman 5: How to make it the best yet

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 16 Feb 2011, 22:44

Wow, I came to the site again and saw the Hitman pic and got excited. Disappointed was I that this is another "what should be in this" article, when the developers of the game in question will either not even listen or simply already be far into the development to even consider any idea.

But anyway, I've enough faith in IO to bring us something good. Sure I've been a litle swayed with quite s**tty games such as Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas coming from the same team who brought us the amazing Hitman series, but this is their baby. They wouldn't f**k it up. My only worry is if Square Enix end up halting or f**king over development just because they either ain't doing too well or just want to fund their next overrated game.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby kalps_171 » 16 Feb 2011, 22:56

I still want to get my hands on Blood Money after playing a demo of it several years ago.
I just cannot believe that a pre-owned copy still costs around the region of £13 on the 360.

Is it worth it?

I'm sure this 5th instalment will kick ass because of the stealth aspect... But that's just my view.
I am the Pie-Master!!

fpsprestige.com/
onlineracedriver.com/
kalps_171 4
New user

Xbox Live: kalps_171
Steam: kalps_171

Postby The Bossman » 16 Feb 2011, 23:07

This game is most definitely coming, but it can't be good with all these constant denials. At least with DNF and GT5 we knew it was coming most of the time. Heard nothing about HM5 from IO, which is so incredibly annoying. It's clearly in development, so unless it's the worst videogame to grace mankind, then fucking show us it already.
The Bossman 46

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 16 Feb 2011, 23:26

Improvements to the AI is a key improvement. All I can really think of is just to make the game seem more real-world and less game-world. I loved the past games but they all fell to videogame logic, getting caught wasnt really a hinderance as you could usually just shoot your way through levels. Again, creative ways to kill people were made but others that were glaringly obvious to me at the time wernt possible (be it due to technology restrictions or just a sheer oversight who knows). In the new game id love it to be completely real-world logic, ie you can kill someone in a whole manner of plays, perhaps throw a toaster into a bath tub or layer their marmalade with arsenic, tinker with their lawnmower and watch it chew their feet off or stick C4 in the vacuum cleaner. Its a huge ask I know, but god wouldnt it just make for a bloody fantastic game.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 16 Feb 2011, 23:53

kalps_171 wrote:I still want to get my hands on Blood Money after playing a demo of it several years ago.
I just cannot believe that a pre-owned copy still costs around the region of £13 on the 360.

Is it worth it?

I still enjoy playing it to this day. It was a good enough sequel in the sense it had a great rebuilt engine. The story was much improved over the others too, and the level design was superb. Definitely worth it.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Desert Fox » 17 Feb 2011, 00:05

Agreeing with Mr Fenix that it can still be played today. Blood Money was such a good game (I still love sabotaging that BBQ that causes the resulting inferno to count as an 'accident'). If IO stick to a similar formula, I don't think they can go too wrong with Hitman 5. Yes, there are a lot of improvements to be made, but I have faith that it can be done. Just don't take too much (or any) inspiration from Kane & Lynch please.
Desert Fox 47

Postby theblkwhsp » 17 Feb 2011, 01:12

Considering this is one of the most anticipated games of recent times, with every magazine and website hankering for the sequel, I find it indefensible that IO Interactive haven't got the common courtesy to at least acknowledge the fans with some snippet of info as basic as confirmation they’ve working on it.

And on the same topic, IO Interactive seems like a very backwards company. Consider this: They have one of the most popular, unique gaming franchises in the world, one that hundreds of thousands of gamers want to see return. So after Blood Money they decide to give it a break. Not a bad idea some might say. Over saturating the market place with the same old tired game can kill it (cough – Call of Duty – cough, ahem). So they try something new (Kane & Lynch) and fail. Everyone from industry critics to fans and gamers tell them they fail. What do they do? Concentrate on what works and bring Agent 47 back to the next-gen? No. They make Kane & Lynch 2. Sorry to rant but which moron made that decision? Two of gaming’s worst characters, who were outright hated by most of the industry, and they created a sequel. If it weren’t for the fact I adore the Hitman games, I’d never touch an IO game again.
theblkwhsp 25

Postby WingZeroSys » 17 Feb 2011, 04:25

I enjoyed playing Hitman 2 - Blood Money (never got to play Agent 47 as it's PC only), granted they were frustrating at times if you just wanted to finish the missions properly and/or progress the story, but the games did have amazing ways to kill people, Blood Money had the best missions in my opinion.

Problem is, now that Assassin's Creed is around, how can Hitman compete with that? Granted AC is part Prince of Persia, part Hitman (?) and/or part Thief (?), it doesn't exactly have all the fancy ways to kill people like the Hitman series does so the latter could be just fine.

We don't exactly see many stealth games in this day and age, so Hitman would definitely make a nice return.

The last I heard about H5 was that it's based on the new films plot, I believe I read about that in 2009, so things may have changed.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 52

Postby The_KFD_Case » 17 Feb 2011, 05:38

While I have yet to pop AC: Brotherhood in to my Xbox 360 for the first time, I am inclined to pick the brilliance and magic of a game series that includes a game like Hitman: Blood Money over Ubisoft's massive snore fest of AC1 (100% completion...only to accidentally delete my account later on. There is no God! :cry: ) Yeah, yeah! So apparently AC2 and AC: Brotherhood have improved that series, but I was so impressed with Blood Money on the PC that for me it's a no brainer which franchise I'll choose to back first and foremost. Hint: It's not the one where the protagonist runs around in a white hooded robe.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby jtake9 » 17 Feb 2011, 12:51

Don't make it overly realistic or change the pacing of the game. The whole charm was the implausibility of a white guy with a barcode on the back of his head being able to disguise himself as whoever and getting away with it. Hopefully Kayne and Lynch or the Hitman film won't have an influence on the next game, Agent 47 was meant to be a cold blooded assassin so why he had a love interest in the film is beyond me. Keep the stone cold nature of Agent47, keep the dark humour, Creative / multiple / Less linear approach to goals, and your onto a winner IMO.
jtake9 25

Postby DeanG1011 » 17 Feb 2011, 14:02

Trust me this game is in the making, i have a friend that works at IO and is working on this game. thats all im saying!
DeanG1011 27
New user

Postby AJB123644 » 17 Feb 2011, 15:09

(Remember: Blood Money was a tarted-up Xbox 1 port.)

See that's something you don't here everyday. A console port being rubbish!

kalps_171 wrote:I still want to get my hands on Blood Money after playing a demo of it several years ago.

Is it worth it?

I'm sure this 5th instalment will kick ass because of the stealth aspect... But that's just my view.

Game.co.uk have all 4 games for £9.99 on the pc...
AJ

Blog - www.ajb123644.blogspot.com

AJB123644 46