Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds

Your comments on our articles.

Name that toon

Eventually, there's a question every fan of fighting games has to confront: 'Do I like air combos?'... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds

Postby MrPirtniw » 14 Feb 2011, 13:30

If it plays anything like the old Saturn games then I can see this being an awesome game to play when you invite your mates round. I used to smuggle my Saturn into school and hook it up onto one of the TV's during lunch-someone else bought a PS1 in with Tekken as well- but it was Marvel Vs Capcom everyone wanted to play. Good times. 8)

Now if only there was a Saturn style control pad for the 360...
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds

Postby photoboy » 14 Feb 2011, 14:37

Hmmm, Eurogamer's review suggested this was quite accessible to button mashers like myself, but this review seems to suggest a game that's geared to experts only. I might re-think my decision to buy it, especially with the DLC situation.
photoboy 49

Postby Niknak106 » 14 Feb 2011, 14:45

Any chance of getting a review by someone who knows anything about fighting games?

Not for casual gamers? The control scheme was dumbed down from MvC2 specifically to make it more accessible for new-comers.

Quote from OXM review:
The magic of the game is in its approachability... For both hardcore fighting fans and genre newbies,

Quote from Eurogamer review:
Far more welcoming to button-mashers than Street Fighter IV, this is a game in which you can tap stuff and watch sparkly miracles happen.
....needless to say, I had the last laugh!
Niknak106 58

Xbox Live: Combichrist
Steam: Artimus_Clydefrog
Battle.net: Combichrist#2276

Postby ensabahnur » 14 Feb 2011, 14:53

MrPirtniw wrote:Now if only there was a Saturn style control pad for the 360...
The SF4 pads are about the closest you'll get to a Saturn pad, which was the best pad EVER for capcom fighters.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby mfnick » 14 Feb 2011, 14:55

GR have got a goo review up that should answer your questions - http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/marve ... 3534920006

I listen to their podcast & Justin is a big fighter fan who knows his stuff so you can trust that one.

This is the first review ive seen where tehy say only experts can play it :? Everywhere else says the opposite. To start with anyway - if you want to learn the intricacies, its as hard as they come. But button mashers are certainly welcome.
http://www.thirdschism.com/
mfnick 69

Postby runadumb » 14 Feb 2011, 15:37

MrPirtniw wrote:If it plays anything like the old Saturn games then I can see this being an awesome game to play when you invite your mates round. I used to smuggle my Saturn into school and hook it up onto one of the TV's during lunch-someone else bought a PS1 in with Tekken as well- but it was Marvel Vs Capcom everyone wanted to play. Good times. 8)

Now if only there was a Saturn style control pad for the 360...

The saturn was huge! How did you smuggle that into school? :shock:
runadumb 62

Postby thelazyone » 14 Feb 2011, 17:47

Didn't even finish this article, its clear the reviewer doesn't have a grasp of fighting games, probably never played tatsunoko vs capcom..

Its safe to say alot of people who are interested in this game have played marvel vs capcom2 and has an idea how to play, its ridiculous to slam the game for having a launch button.

Anybody suggest a better review to read, instead of somebody complaining they dont know how the hyper bars work. Not even sf4 told the users how the super and ultra bars work lol, you have to figure it out,

Monkey.
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby chronicwombat » 14 Feb 2011, 18:56

thelazyone wrote:Not even sf4 told the users how the super and ultra bars work lol, you have to figure it out

im still trying to :oops:
chronicwombat 36

Postby Sideys » 14 Feb 2011, 19:05

I have to agree with a lot of these posts. Who in the f**k is trying to review this with such a poorly researched attempt. Firstly the engine is NOT based on SSFIV but actually the engine in Lost Planet 2. The controls appear to have been simplified (FUCKIN BOO!! Grew up on the Dreamcast version) from 6 to 4 attack buttons. This bitch is whining about that but tekken has 4 buttons and so does soul calibur so what is he on about. MVC was never about the technicality of say SF3 3rd Impact (Bitchin) but more on giving you an seizure with 30+hit beam supers.

So yes, if you do want to play SF4 then go play it. If you want things a little "Freaky-Naughty" then slam this bad boy into your machines.
Sideys 34

Xbox Live: Sideyz

Postby slick loose » 14 Feb 2011, 19:17

Needs more colour.
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby presbutan » 14 Feb 2011, 19:33

The magic series makes it hard to do combos now apparently... what a joke. Also, Jill is not on the disc in complete form, that's why American special edition owners do not get to unlock the DLC characters until March.
presbutan 16

Postby djreplay » 14 Feb 2011, 19:59

A 7.9 score, shame as I only buy 8.0 and up. Never mind. :wink:
djreplay 57

Xbox Live: u crazy fools
PSN ID: djreplay

Postby Niknak106 » 14 Feb 2011, 20:15

Every new review I read after this excuse for a review has made it bug me more and more. The following review was written by someone who doesn't generally even like fighting games and even he can appreciate that it's accessible to everyone.

http://sundaygazettemail.com/Entertainm ... 1102140694

I'm not quite sure why it's bugging me because I'd be getting it even if he gave it a 0.1. I might be really bored :lol:
....needless to say, I had the last laugh!
Niknak106 58

Xbox Live: Combichrist
Steam: Artimus_Clydefrog
Battle.net: Combichrist#2276

Postby chronicwombat » 14 Feb 2011, 20:37

i dont think the review says that its not good for noobs. it does say that its good for beginners if you are happy button bashing without any idea of what you're actually doing. think the reviewers point is that if you are said noob and get fed up with random bashing and want to get deeper into the control system, then the game doesnt give you much help. fine for mVc or 2d fighter veterans, but considering the game is designed to be noob friendly (which it is but only to a certain point) maybe its fair of him to say that trying to acces its depth is a bit, erm, unaccesible for a noob who wants to take it a step further?

i might have just written b*****ks i dunno... just speculatin...
chronicwombat 36

Postby thelazyone » 15 Feb 2011, 00:34

chronicwombat wrote:i dont think the review says that its not good for noobs. it does say that its good for beginners if you are happy button bashing without any idea of what you're actually doing. think the reviewers point is that if you are said noob and get fed up with random bashing and want to get deeper into the control system, then the game doesnt give you much help. fine for mVc or 2d fighter veterans, but considering the game is designed to be noob friendly (which it is but only to a certain point) maybe its fair of him to say that trying to acces its depth is a bit, erm, unaccesible for a noob who wants to take it a step further?

i might have just written b*****ks i dunno... just speculatin...

Yeah I understand what you and the reviewer mean, but its not that simple. Most of Capcom's beat em ups are like this, they give you the moves, suggest ideas, but then its up to you to experiment and learn new tricks( where alot of the fun and reward is), combos and find a play style that's unique to you. If your impatient go on the web, find sites such as eventhubs and read how other people play with characters, find out weaknesses and strengths and get involved. :)

I'm still not sure wither i'll get this, never been a huge fan of the vs series and i didn't get enough hours of Tats vs Capcom. I'll play it first and decide.

p.s if ur having trouble with the ultra and super bars from ssfv4, just message me and ill tell u what u need to know :)
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Next