to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Your comments on our articles.

The stealth squad use the front door for once

Ghost Recon evokes thoughts of freeform tactical warfare; of hours spent crawling through grass, sand and donkey muck just so you can line up one perfect shot.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Postby ste hicky » 13 Dec 2010, 20:46

y'kiddin with this review score right?

i think you've given it the highest mark on earth. (checks metacritic: nope. one mad bugger scored it higher than you :shock: )

ign murdered this in their review.

it's averaging 4.4 on metacritic too: http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/tom- ... host-recon

it's the exact kind of game the wii get's destroyed for and after a great year of all the top drawer games out for the format,this is a return to the dark days of 2 and a half years ago and is not even funny next to the likes of goldeneye,black ops,galaxy 2,mh3,etc... never mind the better on rails games like hotd:overkill or the middling extraction.

really,really strange review. stay away from this game people,it's not even worth a dl to run off a usb drive and you should swerve it like it has aids and wants to rape you.

still,what do you expect from ubisoft? s**t games on the wii are their forte.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Postby TheAmazingDaler » 13 Dec 2010, 23:05

Have you played it?
TheAmazingDaler

Postby ste hicky » 13 Dec 2010, 23:18

TheAmazingDaler wrote:Have you played it?
yup,ntsc version. morbid curiosity got the better of me after the ign review and i obtained a copy last month,ran it through usb loader gx and was less than impressed.

i know you're a mod and all that,sorry for the mention of piracy but you asked. there it is.

i'm happy to pay for quality,not for sh*t.

this is sh*t and i felt ripped off by wasting my bandwidth on it. :(

moving on,gotta say,i also think it's quite telling that no one was willing to put their name to the review,it just being simply: ngamer staff.

yeah,i'd have done that if the editor made me review the bad game too fella (whoever you are),i would have also told myself that this is a 7 out of 10 game as some sort of psychological defence barrier so i didn't rationalise it as spite from my workmates when they passed it over to me. :)
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby dm_1782 » 14 Dec 2010, 01:49

To be honest I dont need to play this game to see that its a load of crap. The visuals are dreadful and the gameplay is just lazy. They could have made a proper game for the Wii but instead decided to go the supposedly fun route for the Wii. A question though Ubisoft how many casual gamers want to play as stealth operatives shooting and blowing up terrorists???
This should have been a proper title and I for one was looking forward to buying it. Not anymore. And as for the review they are being extremely kind. I agree with Ste Hicky, after such a good year for the Wii why do this. Its obvious Wii owners have been crying out for some proper games and they have rolled in this year with some great titles but this wont be added to my collection and everyone should stay well clear of it. Dont support second rate crap.
dm_1782 46

Postby The_KFD_Case » 14 Dec 2010, 02:04

ste hicky wrote:y'kiddin with this review score right?

i think you've given it the highest mark on earth. (checks metacritic: nope. one mad bugger scored it higher than you :shock: )

ign murdered this in their review.

it's averaging 4.4 on metacritic too: http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/tom- ... host-recon

it's the exact kind of game the wii get's destroyed for and after a great year of all the top drawer games out for the format,this is a return to the dark days of 2 and a half years ago and is not even funny next to the likes of goldeneye,black ops,galaxy 2,mh3,etc... never mind the better on rails games like hotd:overkill or the middling extraction.

really,really strange review. stay away from this game people,it's not even worth a dl to run off a usb drive and you should swerve it like it has aids and wants to rape you.

still,what do you expect from ubisoft? s**t games on the wii are their forte.

Awesome synopsis there, Ste. I liked the highlighted bit in particular - very descriptive. :lol:
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby palancas7 » 14 Dec 2010, 23:50

Yeah, some reviews are really strange.
palancas7 57