to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Disney Epic Mickey

Your comments on our articles.

Epic win?

As you'd expect from the man who made Deus Ex, Disney Epic Mickey is a game all about player choice.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Disney Epic Mickey

Postby yerbluesjohn » 25 Nov 2010, 09:35

Shame about this, it never really appealed to me but I thought reviews would prove me wrong.

And CVG - Could you please fix the text in your reviews, which at the moment goes over the top of images in the article. I'm using Chrome, so maybe the problem is just with this browser, but I can't read the whole review at the moment. Seems to affect all reviews for me. Anyone else having this problem?
yerbluesjohn 64

Re: Disney Epic Mickey

Postby slatters » 25 Nov 2010, 09:42

7.5 is a respecable score
8.5 in ONM - These are good, better than average scores! What has it come to that people think a game's a failure due to such scores. Secondly - some of the best games i've played have had below 9.0 scores. In other words, it's just one persons opinion and would be a shame to miss what could, for you, be a classic.
slatters 46

Postby Hashbrown » 25 Nov 2010, 09:51

Could you please fix the text in your reviews, which at the moment goes over the top of images in the article. I'm using Chrome, so maybe the problem is just with this browser, but I can't read the whole review at the moment. Seems to affect all reviews for me. Anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem with chrome, just loaded up IE and it all looked fine so definitely a Chrome problem. Not sure about other browsers though.
Hashbrown 28

Postby Tingham » 25 Nov 2010, 10:37

Thanks guys. That's a prob with Chrome. We're looking into it.
Tingham 60

Postby GunstarHeroX » 25 Nov 2010, 11:16

yerbluesjohn wrote:I can't read the whole review at the moment.

I'm using Chrome too and it's happening for me. You can just highlight the text to read it until they get it fixed.

I'm not really surprised by this score. I played maybe an hour of Epic Mickey over the weekend and didn't think it was anything special. Thought maybe it would get better later, but it doesn't sound like it.

Not too impressed with DKCR so far either, unfortunately. It's good, but not amazing as the reveiws would have you believe. Not a fan of all the waggle controls, especially since I kept pressing the run button to roll. The original Donkey Kong country control scheme took over my mind, even though I haven't played it in years. It definitely deserves more time spent on it though so I should really reserve judgement until I've played it more.
...if I can manage to pit down Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, that is. What a game.
GunstarHeroX 49

Xbox Live: GunstarHer0X
PSN ID: GunstarHeroX

Postby microhenry » 25 Nov 2010, 11:35

7.5 screams 'meh' to me.

I must admit I predicted as much. I mean look at this realistically, the so called 'Epic Mickey' is essentially up against the two best 3d adventure/platformer games of this generation. It's bound to disappoint.

Not only that but Disney turns me off so much that I've never been able to get into Kingdom Hearts.
I love the taste of Pikmin in the morning.

PSN/Steam: Mozz-eyes

[b]N64 is the [u]ONLY[/u] console[/b]
microhenry 48

Postby boskersrevenge » 25 Nov 2010, 12:06

Games scoring less than 9 are an issue as many people can't keep buying games, willy nilly.

7.5 is a decent score and I still have my eye on this.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby ranaraptor » 25 Nov 2010, 12:40

This is another beautiful example of the dangers of over-hyping a new game pre-release. Mr Spector, you talk the talk, but the game seemingly doesn't deliver on your promise. Although nothing comes quite as close to the insane levels of expectation which Polyphony placed on themselves.

Mr Spector said it would be a Zelda and Mario beater. My arse it is.
ranaraptor 46

PSN ID: ranaraptor

Postby boskersrevenge » 25 Nov 2010, 12:55

Did he really say that? What a berk!
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby fieldofpoppies » 25 Nov 2010, 15:16

as said above 7.5 is a good score. not groundbreaking but above average. although im sure its very different, slightly surprised that the reviewer resisted mentioning either de blob or mario sunshine.

there are so many good games out atm and ive still got a backlog to work through after being abroad for a year and videogame free in that time. still havent finished ass creed 2 and new ones just come out :? . this one isnt top of my list, but will defo check it out early next year. personally, just the fact that it features all those disney characters means i can probably knock it up a mark to 8.5 :P
fieldofpoppies 28

Xbox Live: chronicwombat

Postby BenThomasFoster » 25 Nov 2010, 17:41

I also didn't get why there was so much hype around this game. i'm kinda happy this turned out average
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby djreplay » 29 Nov 2010, 22:16

BenThomasFoster wrote:I also didn't get why there was so much hype around this game. i'm kinda happy this turned out average

So your happy a game turned out average? What's wrong with gamers nowadays?
djreplay 57

Xbox Live: u crazy fools
PSN ID: djreplay